House Of Lords - Saints And Sinners

Stefan

capture-20200407-094344.png

From James Christian:

2022 and I’m nearly finished with the new House Of Lords CD
“Saints And Sinners”. 

I’m always thinking how to approach new music and where it’s gonna go.
This time around I worked tirelessly with Mark Mangold who is an amazing musician and songwriter! He is also a workaholic like myself. 
Jimi Bell is also writing and recording tracks.
The music on this CD is mystical, heavy, melodic, and intricate. Like no other we have done since the very 1st HOL Album.

Stay tuned for release date, EPK and music video to launch within the coming months, Thomas Ståhl Entertainment with be handling booking for a European tour and Asia

Looking forward to seeing you soon!!!

House of Lords has disappointed me with their last few albums but I still am a big fan and will still pick this up.  I don't really think "mystical, heavy, melodic, and intricate" when I think of the first album - that sounds more like "Sahara" - but whatever.  Hopefully it really is heavy as that would be great.

Hmmm as Tabe said the last few have disappointed,first three are gold along with World Upside Down...the rest are meh with some highlights here and there...we always hope for a return to form...so fingers still crossed this is :popcorn:

• Like 1

I thought Jimi Bell left the band over some dispute? Or am I imagining things?

In any case, I disagree somewhat with the previous comments. I like pretty much everything they did from 2006-2017. It's just the last album that was disappointing -- mediocre songs and a really lousy production. It just seemed unfinished.

• 3 months later...

That's a strange photo. I've been a bit disappointed with the last few albums too, but always willing to give them another go. "Mystical" sounds interesting. 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

That's a strange photo. I've been a bit disappointed with the last few albums too, but always willing to give them another go. "Mystical" sounds interesting. 

More keyboards maybe? 

• 1 month later...

HOUSE-OF-LORDS-saints-and-sinners-COVER.

New song 'House Of The Lord'.

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is proud to continue their long standing relationship with House Of Lords by releasing their 11th studio album, "Saints And Sinners". Recorded and produced by the band’s singer and mastermind, James Christian along with keyboardist Mark Mangold, "Saints And Sinners" is another jewel in House Of Lords' musical crown. House of Lords debuted in 1989 with the release of their self-titled album, a record which is still regarded as one of the best arena rock releases of the 80’s. The colossal sound, the soaring vocals of James Christian and instrumental capabilities of the band (which featured ex-Angel and Giuffria keyboardist, Gregg Giuffria, along with luminaries Lanny Cordola, Chuck Wright and Ken Mary), were reminiscent of such frontrunners as Whitesnake, Deep Purple and Van Halen and immediately brought the band to the attention of the mainstream music media and the masses of ‘80s hard rock fans.

With their sophomore release, “Sahara”, House of Lords had considerable radio and video chart success with their cover of Blind Faith’s “Can't Find My Way Home”. After a tour with Nelson in 1991, the group disbanded, eventually coming back together with a new lineup (featuring original members Giuffria and Christian) in 1992 with "Demon's Down". With the change in musical climate at the time, House of Lords went into hibernation until the original lineup came back together in 2000, releasing the controversial “Power and the Myth”, an album which featured a sound leaning more towards progressive hard rock with ‘70s rock influences. 

After a short European tour, singer James Christian decided to go back to the trademark arena rock sound of House Of Lords, putting together a new line-up with the blessing of founding member Gregg Giuffria, who opted out right before the release of “Power and the Myth”. New members Jimi Bell on guitars and B.J. Zampa on drums supplied a true powerhouse sound to the fifth studio album, “World Upside Down”, a record which caused a real stir in the hard rock and melodic rock scenes. 
That album was followed up by the equally impressive “Come to My Kingdom” in 2008, "Cartesian Dreams" in 2009, "Big Money" in 2011, “Precious Metal” in 2014, and “Saint of the Lost Souls” in 2017.The band has toured relentlessly in Europe and the States in support of their releases and have now become a true staple of the hard rock scene on both continents. House Of Lords stands for superb hooks and majestic atmospheres that bring back the memories of their stellar debut album, monumental guitar riffs, and a production to die for. All these ingredients you will find in abundance on “Saints And Sinners”!

Tracklisting:
1. Saints And Sinners
2. House Of The Lord
3. Take It All
4. Road Warrior
5. Mistress Of The Dark
6. Avalanche
7. Roll Like Thunder
8. Razzle Dazzle
9. Dreamin It All
10. Takin My Heart Back
11. Angels Fallen

Line-Up:
James Christian - Vocals, Guitars
Jimi Bell - Guitars
Mark Mangold - Keyboards
Johan Koleberg - Drums

Edited by Stefan

Nice to see Mark Mangold involved. Looking forward to this, although the last few have been a bit up and down in consistency

• Like 2

• My Little Pony

He is a shell of his former self. But his former self was pretty fucking awesome, so I wouldn't say he's unlistenable. Just nowhere near as good as he once was. 

• Like 1

That's a very boring song and yes, the vocals are getting weaker and weaker.

What the heck happened to this band? They were on fire from 2006 to like 2014. Everything since then has been mediocre and it's not just because of the vocals.

On 7/30/2022 at 11:49 PM, melodicrock said:

James has been the weak link in HOL for the last 5 albums. Having Robin blend in her vocals for the high parts is just plain fucking annoying.

I don't know if anyone else will get this but it's starting to sound like Meat Loaf's final album, which was produced in a way to compensate for him completely losing his power. The female vocals were just as loud if not louder than Meat's in the mix and were sung in a way higher register. It sounds beyond terrible.

Christian will never sound that bad, but yeah.

Edited by Eric3

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to see how far this band has fallen...compared to older HOL music , this is painfully average.....Come To My Kingdom is the last release worth owning imo.....the next 3 had a few decent songs but rarely get airtime from me....I won't be picking up this release....

• Like 1