Unlikely Celebrities that have released Great tracks.

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's 3.

The pick of the bunch is "Jimmy Nail - Ain't No Doubt" from '92.

A killer track from a very unlikely source. 

Only the Brits will know the reference, but we used to get "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" on TV down here. 

To then see Jimmy Nail releasing this was mind blowing.

I almost forgot, when it comes to the first clip, one thing springs to mind.

"I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!"

When it comes to the second clip, two things spring to mind.

Edited by Darkstone

This one came to mind immediately. I guess maybe only us Americans will remember Tina Yothers and her long standing role as Michael J Fox' little sister on TV's Family Ties.

This video is meh, but I couldn't fins an "official video" for her band Jaded, but there are plenty of song videos with stills of the band. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 minutes ago, martinsane said:

This one came to mind immediately. I guess maybe only us Americans will remember Tina Yothers and her long standing role as Michael J Fox' little sister on TV's Family Ties.

This video is meh, but I couldn't fins an "official video" for her band Jaded, but there are plenty of song videos with stills of the band. 

Absolutely remember Tina Yothers.

I remember as she got older they tried to make her look more glamorous, but she was never a hottie.

There was an episode of "Family Ties" that focused on Jennifer's singing that featured Christina Applegate as a member of her group.

It's very cringe worthy.

• 2023 Gold Donors
38 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Taking about "Family Ties".

I'll see your "Tina Yothers" and raise you a "Michael J. Fox" 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, auslander said:

Surprisingly no one has yet mentioned the actor Jared Leto and his band 30 Seconds to Mars. They sold millions of albums...

Yeah, that's a good example.

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, martinsane said:

Yes the Barbusters, let's not forget Lenny on bass guitar...

Which reminds me

Well, if we're talking about the Legendary "Michael McKean" and the other Legendary "Spinal Tap" guys, then I've gotta throw this one in.

For the record, "Lenny" was great, but "Sguiggy" was hilarious. Very early TV memories with those guys.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
15 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I mean obviously all of David Hasselhoffs stuff :)

Actually Johnny Depp did some good stuff, but a lot easier to do with Alice Cooper singing...

Hasselhoff is a good one, but as with everyone (except the Germans) i've never taken him seriously.

I do like this recentish track though. Very tongue in cheek and ultra corny, but I definitely don't hate it. 

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Well, if we're talking about the Legendary "Michael McKean" and the other Legendary "Spinal Tap" guys, then I've gotta throw this one in.

For the record, "Lenny" was great, but "Sguiggy" was hilarious. Very early TV memories with those guys.

Love it. Truth be told this group of ridiculously talented individuals have put together a grip of very smart and funny movies.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Dang, I can only think of celebrities that have released awful songs, but I suppose that would be too easy for one of these lists!

I'd say Bad4good but that almost feels like cheating

2 minutes ago, SessionWulf said:

Dang, I can only think of celebrities that have released awful songs, but I suppose that would be too easy for one of these lists!

That is was a great record though and obviously a celebrity connection for certain.

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 minutes ago, SessionWulf said:

Good one.

The little red haired kid from "Different Strokes", pops up in "Terminator 2" then releases this.

What a ride.

It's a solid album for sure.

17 hours ago, auslander said:

Surprisingly no one has yet mentioned the actor Jared Leto and his band 30 Seconds to Mars. They sold millions of albums...

I didn't really appreciate the extent of his career in film - been in some awesome movies too. For some reason I thought he was a musician first and actor second. Massively talented individual, this fella. Obviously not quite the household name of an Elvis Presley, but are there many others that have been so genuinely successful in both fields? 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

I didn't really appreciate the extent of his career in film - been in some awesome movies too. For some reason I thought he was a musician first and actor second. Massively talented individual, this fella. Obviously not quite the household name of an Elvis Presley, but are there many others that have been so genuinely successful in both fields? 

Same. I thought he transitioned from music into film.