Unlikely Celebrities that have released Great tracks.

Darkstone

17 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Hasselhoff is a good one, but as with everyone (except the Germans) i've never taken him seriously.

I do like this recentish track though. Very tongue in cheek and ultra corny, but I definitely don't hate it. 

Better than when he  butchered Ted Mulry Gang's  " Jump In My Car . "

Craig McLachlan & Check 1 - 2  Mona.

16 hours ago, Geoff said:

I didn't really appreciate the extent of his career in film - been in some awesome movies too. For some reason I thought he was a musician first and actor second. Massively talented individual, this fella. Obviously not quite the household name of an Elvis Presley, but are there many others that have been so genuinely successful in both fields? 

I can only think of Rick Springfield but his was TV and not film. Dean Martin is another, but yeah hardly any to the extent of Jared Leto. And, I'd argue he is rated highly in both areas.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, martinsane said:

That is was a great record though and obviously a celebrity connection for certain.

I have the album but didn't know they were celebrities. What movies were they in?

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 1/27/2022 at 6:59 PM, Darkstone said:

Good one.

The little red haired kid from "Different Strokes", pops up in "Terminator 2" then releases this.

What a ride.

It's a solid album for sure.

Lead Vocalist, Danny Cooksey.

5 hours ago, auslander said:

I have the album but didn't know they were celebrities. What movies were they in?

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 hours ago, Doggy said:

Craig McLachlan & Check 1 - 2  Mona.

Terrible.

Of course in those days, off the back of "Kylie", every TV soap celebrity was releasing a song.

"Neighbors" was particularly known for it and I'm sure Doggy, that this is one of your favorites. 

It's amazing to think that the same guy is playing the same character in the same TV show after all these years.

13 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Terrible.

Of course in those days, off the back of "Kylie", every TV soap celebrity was releasing a song.

"Neighbors" was particularly known for it and I'm sure Doggy, that this is one of your favorites. 

It's amazing to think that the same guy is playing the same character in the same TV show after all these years.

Yes, he still acting in show.

My family been friends of Toadfish's family for long time.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Doggy's just remembered a great one. 

As he's unable to post videos, I'll gladly post these on his behalf.

Ricky Gervais from '83.

If you're not aware of this, then prepare to have your mind blown.

The first track is actually a bit of an early 80s "New Wave" killer.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 8:12 PM, auslander said:

Just the singer as Darkstone intoned, Danny Cooksey.

I remember him mostly from the Nickelodeon show called Salute Your Shorts and T2 but he has been in gobs of stuff and still does a lot of voice work. 

19 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Doggy's just remembered a great one. 

As he's unable to post videos, I'll gladly post these on his behalf.

Ricky Gervais from '83.

If you're not aware of this, then prepare to have your mind blown.

The first track is actually a bit of an early 80s "New Wave" killer.

Thanks a lot,

• 2023 Gold Donors

By 1997 we'd had enough of every second TV soap Star releasing a single down here, then "Natalie Imbruglia" (another "Neighbours" alumni), released this brilliant and very unexpected classic.

Edited by Darkstone

A little different angle on this topic but the absolutely brilliant and must watch a thousand times film The Rocker stars the singer songwriter Teddy Geiger who at the time Hollywood thought he could be an actor, which he did fine, but I don't think he did much else with regards to acting. The music in this movie from Teddy's stuff with ADD and the almighty Vesuvius is just all around awesome!

• 2023 Gold Donors

"Norman Gunston - KISS Army".

I'm sure the name "Norman Gunston" (A.K.A. Gary McDonald) is fondly remembered by all the Aussies here.

I actually had this 45 back in '80. I was 8, so thanks Mum!

I remember the B-side was a parody of "Humdrum" from "Countdown", called "Normdrum". Only the Aussies will know what I'm talking about.

I've included his press conference interview with "KISS" during their 1980 Aussie tour.

Fast forward to the early 90s and "Norman" made a Glorious TV comeback.

I've also posted his press conference interview with "Guns 'n Roses"  from '93.

Apparently that 90s comeback put a great toll on Gary's mental state and he suffered from huge anxiety attacks as a result, which was sad to hear. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...