Aussies

Leykis101

You all know I'm going to end up in Perth, but im curious whats going on there right now? I continuously see all the other citys are nice and peaceful right now, but strangely excluded seems to be my favorite Australian city, is it not nice and peaceful right now too? you know you cant go to Australia right now right? I was looking into how much it would be to buy a house there, and what I had to do to start getting the paperwork and fees and such going, and they arent even letting anyone go there, let alone move there.

Perth is pretty. And pretty isolated! Apparently it is the major city that is furthest away from the next major city in the world.

You will have to start following AFL though or you will be an outcast. I'd choose the Dockers cause they are underdogs, and the Eagles are smug.

Yeah mate, as long as you don't want to be there in the next decade or so, could be a nice place. But you're absolutely dreaming if you're thinking you're going there any time soon. 

A prison within a prison, I believe would be the best way to describe it. 

whats renting like? I know some places around here it's almost worth it just to rent, but I mean they arent letting people go to Perth, as in I'm not an Aussie, and they arent letting any foreigners into Australia, is it that way in the other citys?

• 2023 Gold Donors
38 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

the prison colony it strated out as.

Too soon mate.

Seriously though, all Aussies take pride in that fact. I'm 8th generation Australian, believe me, It's not an insult.

We also know how to spell "started".  ;)

Edited by Darkstone

4 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Dude no one in their right mind would choose to go to the land of Aus right now, it's baiscally turned in to the prison colony it strated out as.

This is exactly what I'm thinking and hence why I'm a little lost. 

5 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

whats renting like? I know some places around here it's almost worth it just to rent, but I mean they arent letting people go to Perth, as in I'm not an Aussie, and they arent letting any foreigners into Australia, is it that way in the other citys?

In all seriousness, cob, why of all fucks would you want to move to Australia at the moment? I assume you're not in tune with what's going on here, but I can assure you that half the population probably doesn't even want to be here at the moment. Not sure why the fuck you'd want to come here. 

And no, it's across the board. Not just Perth/WA. You can't get into the country, and in all reality, be grateful for that. 

To clarify, I've loved this country for 40 years of my life, but nothing about the country today is what I've loved for so long. I was watching a report today from one of the independent media dudes who was interviewing people at a protest in Melbourne on the weekend and he spoke to an ex-serviceman and the dude said he'd rather be back in Afghanistan at the moment. Pretty sure he wasn't kidding either. 

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Too soon mate.

Seriously though, all Aussies take pride in that fact. I'm 8th generation Australian, believe me, It's not an insult.

We also know how to spell "started".  ;)

Very patriotic, mate. Wish I felt the same. I couldn't begin to deflect any criticism levelled at what Australia currently is. Fucking hate what's become of the place, if I'm being blunt.  

Lol, I'd rather move to the USA. At least there you can still express dissent without copping gigantic fines. It's the last free place on Earth. 

I bet if the USA offered a million visas to ordinary, skilled Aussies they'd get snapped up straight away by everyone who wants to be free again.

1 hour ago, auslander said:

Lol, I'd rather move to the USA. At least there you can still express dissent without copping gigantic fines. It's the last free place on Earth. 

I bet if the USA offered a million visas to ordinary, skilled Aussies they'd get snapped up straight away by everyone who wants to be free again.

if rather live in Oz under lockdown than in the US. ;)

Not me. I love my country.

For everything I can criticise it for (and there are a lot of things at the moment) I can find many times those things to criticise in other countries.

I still see Australia as one of the best countries in the world for many reasons  and others would kills for many things we take for granted, such as free health care, etc

We will move on from the covid shit and hopefully learn from the mistakes made and be better for it.

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

For everything I can criticise it for (and there are a lot of things at the moment) I can find many times those things to criticise in other countries.

I still see Australia as one of the best countries in the world for many reasons  and others would kills for many things we take for granted, such as free health care, etc

We will move on from the covid shit and hopefully learn from the mistakes made and be better for it.

Now this is a sentiment that I can understand and agree with....we Canadians love to complain and criticize but the fact is that we live in one of the best countries in the world and are very fortunate compared to other places....the only way to realize just how great your country is, is to move to another country that you think is wonderful and then compare....I suspect most Aussies would prefer Australia to anywhere else in the world...

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

free healthcare is definitely massive. Many in the UK criticise the NHS but it is free and whenever I have used i have never had any complaints 

The protest we , Melbourners,  had on weekend , there were only 230 arrested.

Most of those protesters , you would see at next rally for something, I called them professional protesters.

Well if any of you guys have remembered any of my threads outside of the Joe Biden thread, I have visited Perth, I fucking loved it, I didnt get to stay as long as I wanted, I have friends there as the PB's have a chapter in Perth, it seems like all of the Aussies on here ive met there hasn't been one I didn't get along with, that has to say something, I really really like your morning show, its my kind of humor, I cant even stomach a morning show here, and Ive been messing with moving since around 2016, my daughter is at college, I dont hang out with many people as I'm very cautious being that im in drug recovery, and usually I'd just move states, but I dont like where shits going, and if you dont live here, and all you know is whats on the news, then you dont understand,

Covid has fucked a lot of shit up, I was working with a bunch of kids I hand picked and was so excited about it, now after lock downs the only one of the 5 kids I could find is the one who lives in my state, I was laying carpet cause it kept me in shape and I made bank doing it, covid didnt effect it one bit, matter of fact with everyone being locked in their house, carpet jobs spiked, I made some money off of it, but lets face it, I wasn't doing it for anything other then it kept my mind busy, I didn't plan on destroying my body, so I am really just kind of bored, and figured i'd start looking into it, I'm aware of whats going on in Australia, thats why I asked about Perth, your forgetting we've been dealing with that kind of shit for over a year too, so I was just looking into it cause I have time to do so, I never said when I was going to pull the trigger, I just didnt know and wanted to hear some Aussies opinions, and Glen whats up with all the hatred towards the US? seems like you have some built up hostility towards it, seems a little premature as now would be a great time for the resentments. BTW Im on top of my roof typing with one hand so dont fuck with me about spacing and shit, I dont care right this second.

34 minutes ago, auslander said:

This dudes not very funny, that's like basically nothing anyone I know sees Australia like, Steve Irwin?? hes not even kind of the most popular Aussie, how about Mel Gibson?? and I never even heard of that comedian, so who gives a fuck, Americans are curious about Australia, we think it's fucking cool, the accents are cool, the chicks that ive met are fucking hot, and they are an Ally of my country, not a bad thing to say about Australia, this dude trying to make fun of stereotypes might be funny if he said some that Ive heard, like G-Off and his Kangaroo Show, now thats some down right wrong shit.

• My Little Pony

So... what's happening in Australia? I try to avoid the news, but someone brought it up yesterday, and now it's being mentioned here. Just send me a link to an article, or something, if you can't be bothered to type it all out. 

2 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

So... what's happening in Australia? I try to avoid the news, but someone brought it up yesterday, and now it's being mentioned here. Just send me a link to an article, or something, if you can't be bothered to type it all out. 

Just lockdown/curfew shit.

5 hours ago, auslander said:

I fucking love Butterfield.

He has the same values as me. Anti vegan, fuck cyclists, and moist is a great word 😀

Everything he says makes sense and rings true.

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
21 hours ago, Geoff said:

Very patriotic, mate. Wish I felt the same. I couldn't begin to deflect any criticism levelled at what Australia currently is. Fucking hate what's become of the place, if I'm being blunt.  

You've just proven yourself a true Aussie. That rebellious streak and anti authority attitude is what got us here in the first place mate!

I agree with you about the current state of play, but I feel we're turning a corner. The State Premiers have had their little "power trips", but I'm encouraged by what I'm hearing from the Federal Government lately. Not praising Scomo in any way, he should have pulled rank a long time ago.

Edited by Darkstone

18 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

You've just proven yourself a true Aussie. That rebellious streak and anti authority attitude is what got us here in the first place mate!

I agree with you about the current state of play, but I feel we're turning a corner. The State Premiers have had their little "power trips", but I'm encouraged by what I'm hearing from the Federal Government lately. Not praising Scomo in any way, he should have pulled rank a long time ago.

Yeah, I do agree. It's the first time in 18 months I've heard an Australian politician speaking even just a hint of sense, so it's a hint at a step in the right direction. Seeing any of it actually put into action, though, is another story. I still think we're months away from any kind of change, and even then I think it will be more gradual than any of us are hoping for.  

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I do agree. It's the first time in 18 months I've heard an Australian politician speaking even just a hint of sense, so it's a hint at a step in the right direction. Seeing any of it actually put into action, though, is another story. I still think we're months away from any kind of change, and even then I think it will be more gradual than any of us are hoping for.  

And your Kangaroo shows?? will you be doing any dvds or are they live shows only?

7 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I fucking love Butterfield.

He has the same values as me. Anti vegan, fuck cyclists, and moist is a great word 😀

Everything he says makes sense and rings true.

Thanks mate. Me too. Love his guts. But, maybe it's an Aussie humour as others don't seem to get it.

56 minutes ago, auslander said:

Thanks mate. Me too. Love his guts. But, maybe it's an Aussie humour as others don't seem to get it.

Not many got the NZ mosque shooting standup but he did.

About as close to the limits you can get...