Kissin' Dynamite - Not The End Of The Road

tts42572

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Love that

Have to say this one has really grown on me and think also seeing the video has enhanced it a bit for me too as it kind of highlights the whole feel good vibe of the tune.

Still like the first 2 singles better but still a good tune.

• 1 month later...

First review I've seen or the new album:

https://www.therockpit.net/2021/kissin-dynamite-not-the-end-of-the-road-album-review/

If you listen to opener and title track ‘Not the End of the Road’ with it’s huge melodies, uber-catchy chorus and sublime guitars and fail to be moved you probably don’t like the same kind of music as me.  This is 80’s flavored Melodic Hard Rock with power and passion – and this their seventh outing and first on Napalm Records may well be their best so far.
What you get this time is 12 tracks of Rock that should be filling stadiums, and now as a five piece the sound is just spectacular. If you love Eclipse, Crazy Lixx and their ilk then I’m glad this sees a 2022 release as it just might have ousted their latest from contention for album on 2021.

‘What Goes Up’ is a little more laid back with a huge groove and hypnotic refrain, ‘Only the Dead’ picks things up a little and is just as compelling, but it’s ‘Good Life (featuring Saltatio Mortis / Alea, Guernica Mancini & Charlotte Wessels)’ that shows that there’s more than one side to these German giants. It’s a song that shows a real deftness of touch and allows Braun’s vocals to shine – more than just a ballad, it’s a wonderful moment of calm amidst the perfect storm.

The intriguingly-titled ‘Yoko Ono’ adds a little Pop savvy, danceability and quirkiness, whilst ‘Coming Home’ really hits the spot, it might have a little too much synth for some but I find the balance just right. It’s a mid-tempo ballad in the vein of Bon Jovi, just much better than their last few decades output. You’ll be singing this one for sure!

We’re back and rocking for ‘All for a Halleluja’ which slips down nicely and is another huge song. ‘No One Dies a Virgin’ which follows just races out of the traps with some great lyrics (‘No one dies a virgin, in the end life f**ks us all’) and a flurry of fiery guitar, but just when you think they can’t push that bar higher it’s ‘Gone for Good’ the second lighter moment that for me shows the real talent within the band. It’s huge, it’s sublime, it’s tear-jerkingly, goose-bump inducingly spectacular!
And what is this? Not content with that huge moment they immediately hit you with another! ‘Defeat It’ another of the best here, it’s a rocker in the classic mold that for me has echoes of Scorpions in the 80’s glory, but it’s more than that – it’s huge, and one of my songs of the year! Drawing close to the end of a rather special release ‘Voodoo Spell’ adds a nice twist – all tribal beats before a clean guitar cuts in and we launch into those cool verses and soaring choruses, all held together with the repeated guitar refrain. It’s another winner!

Closer ‘Scars’ starts with gentle stripped back acoustic and voice – it’s the mellowest moment here and maybe an insight into the evolution of KD’s slower numbers, gently orchestrated and wonderfully subtle it’s  fitting set-closer. If 2022 is going to be this good we’re in for a treat!
9/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Got to check this one out....

Won't say much other than if this had come out a month ago, it would've been my #1 album of 2021 :headbanger:

I'll find out on friday...spinning Steel Of Swabia as I type  :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

This is very likely my pick for the best album of 2022…amazing!

It's tough to say this in January but feeling the same.  

I don't feel like these guys are generally thought of in the same breath as bands like Eclipse, Crazy Lixx, etc.  Maybe that's because they used to be a bit heavier and almost more power metal with their earlier stuff.  Or maybe those other bands get more attention being on Frontiers.  Either way, they've clearly evolved and are making their case with this release.

Just a fantastic album.  Plenty of good rockers but also nice variety that keeps it interesting throughout.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

Hit the first track we hadn't yet heard, Only the Dead, and JFC what a song! 

Edit: After one listen through, man these guys have really hit their stride. The last several albums have been consistently superb, and this one might actually be the best yet. I will need a few hundred listens to place it appropriately, but soooo good. 

In the past Kissin' dynamite used to release albums without any bad song but also without real highlights. I always liked everything they did but I rarely loved it. This time they kept that first tradition (no bad song) but there are plenty of highlights. All 4 (!) ballads are fantastic, "what goes up" is so groovy, "defeat it" has one of their catchiest choruses ever.

What's missing a bit are the nasty riffs but anyway, might be there best album or at least close behind Megalomania

Yeah definitely getting better and better,and I've been a fan of all of their releases...as J.S.M points out no real highlights before as such..but no bad songs either,they always had different styles within albums..but seem to have now found their niche as it were sound/song wise...brilliant album

Edited by lettard

• 2 weeks later...

The best the guys have done so far easily and finally, they have made a disc to match and surpass in some cases, the Eclipse, Crazy Lixx, Treat, H.E.A.T and W.E.T.s of this world. This one is going to be hard to beat this year and is Utterly superb

Fave Tracks:-

Good Life

Yoko Ono

All For a Halleluja

No One Dies a Virgin

Only The Dead

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just added Not the End of the Road and last year's Best of to the main site: 

Kissin' Dynamite discography reference list of music CDs. Heavy Harmonies

Looking forward to getting my copy of this one. :banger: