Kissin' Dynamite - Not The End Of The Road

tts42572

New tune....title track from new album out 1/21/22.

KD NTEOTR Cover

"Founded in 2007, German heavy metal formation KISSIN DYNAMITE have made more than just a name for themselves in the scene: With six studio albums and various chart entries (#7 on the GER album charts with their full-length Ecstasy in 2018) the band established their trademark style - characterized by modern sounds, massive anthems and catchy hooks - paired with an 80s stadium rock attitude and eccentric look. Now, the five piece is ready to release their Napalm Records debut, Not The End Of The Road, and usher in heavy metal in 2022 on 12 powerful tracks.

In guitar-driven power metal fashion, the tune of the intro and title track “Not The End Of The Road” prepares for a thrilling road trip and new anthems straight from the heart of the KISSIN DYNAMITE universe. Crusher “What Goes Up” takes its listener into the truly spectacular soundscapes that make stadiums shake and convinces with Aerosmith like guitar attacks and an anthemic hook. But KISSIN DYNAMITE are also not afraid to show their mellower side, as heard on delightfully tranquil tracks like “Good Life” or “Gone For Good” - not only showcasing the almost calm touches pervading the melodies, but also presenting the softer side of Braun’s vocal repertoire. While tracks like “No One Dies A Virgin” and “Yoko Ono” symbolize catchy party hymns, standouts “Coming Home” and “Defeat It” underline their origins of stadium rock without being pigeonholed. “Voodoo Spell” manifests the variety of the band and their different influences - starting with strong dark rock elements, the song becomes an opus that easily competes with the biggest stadium giants. The album’s closer, “Scars”, proves once again that KISSIN DYNAMITE can reach the depths and showcase lyrical vulnerability - an impressive ending that screams to be played live.

The new studio album was produced, recorded and mixed by vocalist Hannes Braun (Südland Music) himself, who has also worked with bands like SANTIANO, THE KELLY FAMILY and BEYOND THE BLACK. Mastering was completed by Grammy Award winning producer Jacob Hansen at Hansen Studios, known for his work with bands like VOLBEAT and many more. "

Tracklist

1. Not the End of the Road
  2. What Goes Up
  3. Only the Dead
  4. Good Life
  5. Yoko Ono
  6. Coming Home
  7. All for a Halleluja
  8. No One Dies a Virgin
  9. Gone for Good
  10. Defeat It
  11. Voodoo Spell
  12. Scars

Thumbs up from me :headbanger:

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

Kind of an aside question.  Anybody ever purchased one of the earbook type things that come with the CD packaged as part of a small book like pictured here?  Did you like it if you did?

https://www.napalmrecordsamerica.com/kissin-dynamite-not-the-end-of-the-road-earbook-cd-pre-order-release-date-1-21-22.html

KISSIN' DYNAMITE - Not The End Of The Road / LIMITED EDITION EARBOOK PRE-ORDER RELEASE DATE 1/21/22

I've seen a few of these over the years and have kind of wanted to get one for something different but never have as there just hasn't been a release I've really wanted enough to buy one.  Think it's a cool concept and nice way to enhance a physical purchase though.  Bands could do some cool stuff with something like this with song lyrics, photos, maybe some blurbs about songs and/or album recording, etc.

Admittedly, I don't buy many CD's anymore as I just stream spotify mostly now.  But I might pick this up for the novelty of it and like the idea of getting a cool little collectible book along with the CD.  

• Like 1

Picks up right were the last(which is far above their best) album left off!  I like!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

Picks up right were the last(which is far above their best) album left off!  I like!

Yeah, agree 100%.

I haven't been able to get in their first few albums....more like power metal IMO.

But for me Generation Goodbye started to really turn the tide toward more of a melodic hard rock style and Ecstasy really nailed it perfectly.  I still play that album regularly and it's probably among my 10-15 most played albums the past 5 years or so.

I feel like these guys are still fairly under-rated....even though everybody is underrated in this genre lol.  But I just mean they haven't really been in the same breath as bands like Eclipse, Crazy Lixx, H.E.A.T, Pretty Maids, etc as a band you think of for European Melodic Hard Rock.  I suppose maybe that's justifiably so since they haven't had as much good out put as those bands. 

But for me they're rising.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I miss a lot of premiere clips because they do this "come back and see in 20 hours" thing.
Fuck that, it's just a fucking song, just release it and let me hear it.
The anticipation thing is kinda weird and makes them look like they have a pretty big sense of inflated self importance/

21 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I miss a lot of premiere clips because they do this "come back and see in 20 hours" thing.
Fuck that, it's just a fucking song, just release it and let me hear it.
The anticipation thing is kinda weird and makes them look like they have a pretty big sense of inflated self importance/

Disagree. The whole premiere thing is Youtube's new promotions method they're pushing and if you want your channel to be tops in their algorithm you have to utilize it. Don't blame the band. I've seen more and more musical acts releasing new videos this way over the last year.

4 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Disagree. The whole premiere thing is Youtube's new promotions method they're pushing and if you want your channel to be tops in their algorithm you have to utilize it. Don't blame the band. I've seen more and more musical acts releasing new videos this way over the last year.

Meh, just saying how it appears.
In this case, it's not really a big deal. I love Kissin' Dynamite and will get the album for sure.
More about some band I've never heard of before, and they throw a single in my face, and I decide for whatever reason, to give it a listen.
Then it says "come back later" and I can say that unless it pops up again, I will likely never hear the song.
So however they intend this to work, it doesn't seem to be for me at least....

• 1 month later...

New single out.  

Seems like they often do a collaboration song of some sort and appears this might be it for the next album.  I think they also said any proceeds from the tune go to charity or something.

I guess it's okay for a change of pace but can't say this one is exciting me all that much after the first 2 killer singles.  

On 11/2/2021 at 5:58 PM, tts42572 said:

New single out.  

Seems like they often do a collaboration song of some sort and appears this might be it for the next album.  I think they also said any proceeds from the tune go to charity or something.

I guess it's okay for a change of pace but can't say this one is exciting me all that much after the first 2 killer singles.