• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what I'm drinking at this very minute !!! :P

spezial-tn.jpg

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! Goooooooooood stuffffffffffffffffff !!!

This is what I'm drinking at this very minute !!! :P

spezial-tn.jpg

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! Goooooooooood stuffffffffffffffffff !!!

Mmmm... I'm getting thirsty just lookin' at that picture, Swazi.

Too bad it isn't a BOLK STOFF though. Hee hee hee! :)

I could use a nice cold one of THESE right about now... hahahahaha

BearWhiz.jpg

Lol. Bear Whiz beer couldn't be real. That's like that Red Tick Beer on The Simpsons. It's just not something you could find in real life.

Haha, you got me, Jacob. No, Bear Whiz Beer does not really exist, except on a highly successful line of T-shirts (of which I used to have several).

On the other hand, there is a real beer called "Moose Drool" which I believe is brewed in Wyoming (Hey, Heaven&Hell, did you try this stuff when you were out there) and it's supposed to be quite good. With a name like that I have to assume the Moose Drool brewers are big Bear Whiz fans. :)

Lol. Bear Whiz beer couldn't be real. That's like that Red Tick Beer on The Simpsons. It's just not something you could find in real life.

Haha, you got me, Jacob. No, Bear Whiz Beer does not really exist, except on a highly successful line of T-shirts (of which I used to have several).

On the other hand, there is a real beer called "Moose Drool" which I believe is brewed in Wyoming (Hey, Heaven&Hell, did you try this stuff when you were out there) and it's supposed to be quite good. With a name like that I have to assume the Moose Drool brewers are big Bear Whiz fans. :)

No I didn't try it. My wife says it's not very good. I did see it in most liquor stores out that way. We did pick up some BBQ sauce that's made with Moose Drool, and it's tastes just fine. Maybe next time I'm out that way I'll have to try some Moose Drool beer.

No I didn't try it. My wife says it's not very good. I did see it in most liquor stores out that way. We did pick up some BBQ sauce that's made with Moose Drool, and it's tastes just fine. Maybe next time I'm out that way I'll have to try some Moose Drool beer.

With a name like "Moose Drool", how could anybody resist? I would've bought a six pack just for the novelty factor.

With a name like "Moose Drool", how could anybody resist? I would've bought a six pack just for the novelty factor.

It was like $8 for a 6-pack.

I'm in the process of drinking a pint of Hacker-Pschorr Weisse. I've never tried this before but it's really good. It seems to be a Wheat beer that's brewed in Munich, Germany. According to the bottle it's been around since the year 1417. There's a pic of some guy named Georg Pschorr on the front of the bottle who I guess was some Senator, I'm guessing in Germany at some point. Maybe Bernd can shed some light on this beer for me.

I just drank a bunch of Vietnam beer. It tasted pretty good to me. I like beer. :)

Ravens beating the Giants in preseason 16-7 in the 4th quarter. :banger:

I'm in the process of drinking a pint of Hacker-Pschorr Weisse. I've never tried this before but it's really good. It seems to be a Wheat beer that's brewed in Munich, Germany. According to the bottle it's been around since the year 1417. There's a pic of some guy named Georg Pschorr on the front of the bottle who I guess was some Senator, I'm guessing in Germany at some point. Maybe Bernd can shed some light on this beer for me.

I've had Hacker-Pschorr and it's pretty damn good stuff. Since Bernd is away on holiday, here's some scoop I found about the brand for ya. If you can read German you can always visit the brewery website, www.hacker-pschorr.de ;)

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse is the company's flagship style, catering to young adults in the U.S. who seek out authentic experiences and distinctive tastes.

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse is a centuries-old German wheat beer from Bavaria that offers a refreshing taste that is après anything. Wheat beer was originated in the German state of Bavaria in the 15th century. In Germany, it is typically called Weisse beer meaning white or Weizen meaning wheat.

In Bavaria, Germany wheat beers represent nearly 20% of the beer category. What makes the beer distinct is the use of 60% malted wheat and 40% malted barley in the brewing process. Unlike lager, wheat beer is top-fermented at higher temperatures. The top-fermentation and wheat produce hints of clove giving Hacker-Pschorr Weisse a distinct flavor.

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse has a cloudy appearance, characteristic of wheat beer. The cloudy appearance is due to yeast that is retained in the beer. A centrifuge process is used with traditional wheat beers to retain the yeast instead of the typical filtering process used with beers that are clear in appearance. The result is a taste that is authentic and perfect all year-round after a game of hoops, a day on the mountain or just hanging out after work with friends.

I've had Hacker-Pschorr and it's pretty damn good stuff. Since Bernd is away on holiday, here's some scoop I found about the brand for ya. If you can read German you can always visit the brewery website, www.hacker-pschorr.de ;)

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse is the company's flagship style, catering to young adults in the U.S. who seek out authentic experiences and distinctive tastes.

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse is a centuries-old German wheat beer from Bavaria that offers a refreshing taste that is après anything. Wheat beer was originated in the German state of Bavaria in the 15th century. In Germany, it is typically called Weisse beer meaning white or Weizen meaning wheat.

In Bavaria, Germany wheat beers represent nearly 20% of the beer category. What makes the beer distinct is the use of 60% malted wheat and 40% malted barley in the brewing process. Unlike lager, wheat beer is top-fermented at higher temperatures. The top-fermentation and wheat produce hints of clove giving Hacker-Pschorr Weisse a distinct flavor.

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse has a cloudy appearance, characteristic of wheat beer. The cloudy appearance is due to yeast that is retained in the beer. A centrifuge process is used with traditional wheat beers to retain the yeast instead of the typical filtering process used with beers that are clear in appearance. The result is a taste that is authentic and perfect all year-round after a game of hoops, a day on the mountain or just hanging out after work with friends.

Thanks for the info Keef. :drink:

I am very impressed with this brand.

I had lots of beer on Saturday night as I did hard labour and watched football and ate BBQ'd sausages. It kicked ass. Since when has Toohey's Extra Dry been available on tap? It's an awesome thing.

Since we're going away in the RV this weekend I needed to stock up on beer today. Went to "Bottle King," a beer/liquor superstore, this morning and just prowled around for a while. They have TONS of great craft beers and micro-brews there, most of which I'd love to try one of these days, but since it's a camping trip I chose to go with quantity over quality and bought a 30-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon (I'm obsessed with that stuff lately...)

On the way out the door I noticed a display of single cans (24 oz.) of something called "Steel Reserve" Malt Liquor that were 99 cents a pop, so I grabbed one to drink this evening, figuring for that price I couldn't go wrong. Pretty decent kick to this stuff! I just finished it a lil' while ago and I am sporting a pretty decent buzz as I type. Sometimes the cheap stuff will surprise ya!

(BURP) Off to bed soon, I think...

Went to "Bottle King,"

What a great name for a liquor store!

On the way out the door I noticed a display of single cans (24 oz.) of something called "Steel Reserve" Malt Liquor that were 99 cents a pop, so I grabbed one to drink this evening, figuring for that price I couldn't go wrong. Pretty decent kick to this stuff! I just finished it a lil' while ago and I am sporting a pretty decent buzz as I type. Sometimes the cheap stuff will surprise ya!

(BURP) Off to bed soon, I think...

Keith the force must really be strong in you. I bought a 12 pack of Steel Reserve and managed to get about 3 swallows down before dumping the the can and giving the rest to a friend. Yuck! :yuck:

99c a go... I'd love it! I can love anything for the right price. Something tells me, though, that for that price your belly best be a steel reserve in order to combat the effects it might have on you internally. I'd sure love a beer now.

Did I mention the other day I went out for dinner with my girl, my boss and his wife and a couple of customers. My boss brought along 2 six-packs of beer - for me. I had 3 bottles during dinner, with some wine and at the end he gave them to me as he didn't further require them. 3 bottles of Boags and a six-pack of Crown Lager. As money is as rare as an armadillo on the streets, that moment was really quite awesome. As I've said before, beer is awesome, free beer is even more awesome. I haven't even cracked them open yet...

I'd sure love a beer now.

You and me both Geoff. But I have to wait until Friday when I'm done with nights before I can crack a beer...correction--crack many beers!

Keith the force must really be strong in you. I bought a 12 pack of Steel Reserve and managed to get about 3 swallows down before dumping the the can and giving the rest to a friend. Yuck! :yuck:

Hahaha, well, yea, maybe it wasn't the best tasting stuff but I've had far worse in the Malt Liquor category... back in my college days my friends and I drank some cheap crap (Crazy Horse, Magnum, St. Ides, etc., etc.) that makes Steel Reserve look like Dom Perignon by comparison....

I recently saw a Beer/Ale/Lager Called "Tetleys" It's from

England I think..the funny thing is that each can had a widget inside

of it...What the Hell is a widget...and why are they in the Beer??

I was gonna buy a 4-pack(that's how they are sold) but I didn't!!

as of late..Coronas with a Lime sound good!!

I recently saw a Beer/Ale/Lager Called "Tetleys" It's from

England I think..the funny thing is that each can had a widget inside

of it...What the Hell is a widget...and why are they in the Beer??

I was gonna buy a 4-pack(that's how they are sold) but I didn't!!

as of late..Coronas with a Lime sound good!!

When the can is opened, the change in pressure activates the widget, releasing CO2 into the brew for that "just pulled off the tap" carbonation. I think Guiness was the first to do that with their "pub cans".

I just mistakenly took a nice big drink out of a half empty can of Diet Coke on my desk that had been there for a few days... yum... NOT! :wacko:

I just mistakenly took a nice big drink out of a half empty can of Diet Coke on my desk that had been there for a few days... yum... NOT! :wacko:

I bet it still probably tasted better than some of those malt liquors I was talking about earlier today... :puke:

I bet it still probably tasted better than some of those malt liquors I was talking about earlier today... :puke:

Jury's still out on that one... :blink: Pretty f'n disgusting...

Hahaha, well, yea, maybe it wasn't the best tasting stuff but I've had far worse in the Malt Liquor category... back in my college days my friends and I drank some cheap crap (Crazy Horse, Magnum, St. Ides, etc., etc.) that makes Steel Reserve look like Dom Perignon by comparison....

Schlitz is the worst shit I've ever tasted in my life. That is by far the worst Malt Liquor of all time. I actually used to really like Olde English and Colt 45.

Schlitz is the worst shit I've ever tasted in my life. That is by far the worst Malt Liquor of all time. I actually used to really like Olde English and Colt 45.

Anybody ever try Colt 45 Menthol before? I remember seeing it but I have never actually ingested it... :puke: