Bangalore Choir - On Target (1991)

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another one from that magical year of 1991. I was 19 at the time. I feel so blessed to have been into this music during that Golden age.

This one was big with myself and my mates. In my top ten I reckon. I can easily listen to this one with no skips and my GOD, what an intro!

I love the whole album, but I really love "Angel in Black", "She Can't Stop", "Just One Night", "All or Nothin" and "Loaded Gun".

This is David Reece's best work for mine. Great artwork too!

• Like 3

Absolutely love it, actually one of my favorite albums period!

• Like 2

Awesome album! Pretty much agree with you on your favourite tracks. Top release from start to finish. 

Saw them perform the album in full live about 10 years ago, Reece sounded great. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Another one from that magical year of 1991. I was 19 at the time. I feel so blessed to have been into this music during that Golden age.

This one was big with myself and my mates. In my top ten I reckon. I can easily listen to this one with no skips and my GOD, what an intro!

I love the whole album, but I really love "Angel in Black", "She Can't Stop", "Just One Night", "All or Nothin" and "Loaded Gun".

This is David Reece's best work for mine. Great artwork too!

Absolutley agree with eveything you just said man,I was 19 also  :) classic disc ,I even picked up the recent No Life Til Metal remaster last year.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 2

I still remember picking this up from Cash Converters in Bankstown, by pure chance. Had no idea what it was, but obviously the band photo on the back cover made it a no-brainer. Brought it home not really expecting too much and the rest, as they say, is history. Completely immense album. I also wasn't a fan of the 'Dance' song, but the rest is pure ear candy. First and last songs probably my favourite, but I love them all (except the 'Dance' one, lol). 

• Like 1

I picked this up in the late 90s or thereabouts from Beanos (RIP) in Croydon. Had no idea who they were, but as I was browsing the rock and metal section and the album cover looked glam, I probably  checked out the band pic in the booklet as well, and bought it without hesitation.

Loved it from the off, and was blown away by Angel in black.

A few years ago I was chatting to Ben Christo who would have been still with Night By Night at the time, and he was also a DJ at a weekly rock night club in London. We were discussing some music by lesser known bands, and he asked if I had a band or two as he had been getting requests for songs by bands he did not own (Spread Eagle - Switchblade serenade springs to mind), so I sent him a few songs he was after, and threw in a few other songs to see what he thought of them.

Angel in black from Bangalore Choir became a regular on his DJ playlist, so I guess he liked that one ha ha

• Like 2

• 2 years later...