Harem Scarem - Change The World

Stefan

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Glen said:

depends what you're playing it on. I listen to nearly everything on my phone on Spotify and to be honest with melodic rock there is very little difference between releases.

now melodic rock vs chart is a different story.....that stuff walks all over our genre but then millions are probably pumped in 

Yeah, that is being needlessly harsh. There's no way the "audio quality sucks."

• 1 month later...

I very much like the album but need to revisit as been a while since last spin.

it's still easily top 10 so far this year tho 

4 hours ago, Glen said:

I very much like the album but need to revisit as been a while since last spin.

it's still easily top 10 so far this year tho 

That's pretty much how I see it. I was just thinking about this album this morning.

Songs keep popping up in my 2020 play list. It's nice. Solid. Not one of their absolute best. 

It doesn’t affect the songs per se but damn this album has some of THE worst titles. Melodic rock bands shouldn’t have track titles (actually used in the chorus) like Searching For Meaning, The Death Of Me, Mother Of Invention, Riot In My Head or Swallowed By The Machine. 

Treat did the same thing with an album name I can’t comprehend Tunguska...I know about the meteor in Siberia story...also song titles like Projenitors, Creeps and Hearthmath City...yuck!

I’m old school, give me singalong titles with the words love, believe, everything, night, day or a chicks name as the title. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

It doesn’t affect the songs per se but damn this album has some of THE worst titles. Melodic rock bands shouldn’t have track titles (actually used in the chorus) like Searching For Meaning, The Death Of Me, Mother Of Invention, Riot In My Head or Swallowed By The Machine. 

Treat did the same thing with an album name I can’t comprehend Tunguska...I know about the meteor in Siberia story...also song titles like Projenitors, Creeps and Hearthmath City...yuck!

I’m old school, give me singalong titles with the words love, believe, everything, night, day or a chicks name as the title. 

I applaud them for this but then I'm old. 

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I gave this a listen yesterday after a fair break.
Love it, still don't know why it wasn't loved here.
one of their best IMO

even slightly weaker HS albums are still better than what most other bands put out 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• My Little Pony
On 5/26/2020 at 5:23 AM, zacharyamelie said:

Yeah, where are the classic sing-along titles like Saviours Never Cry, No Justice, Change Comes Around, If There Was a Time, Just Like I Planned, Voice of Reason, Warming a Frozen Rose, And That's All, Necessary Evil, 21, Tomorrow May Be Gone, Weight of the World, Killing Me, Outside Your Window, You Ruined Everything, Charmed Life, Reach, Waited, Torn Right Out, Run and Hide, Wishing, Human Nature, Reality, Watch Your Back, Time Bomb, Days Are Numbered, Beyond Repair, Dark Times, Calm Before the Storm, etc.?

50 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, where are the classic sing-along titles like Saviours Never Cry, No Justice, Change Comes Around, If There Was a Time, Just Like I Planned, Voice of Reason, Warming a Frozen Rose, And That's All, Necessary Evil, 21, Tomorrow May Be Gone, Weight of the World, Killing Me, Outside Your Window, You Ruined Everything, Charmed Life, Reach, Waited, Torn Right Out, Run and Hide, Wishing, Human Nature, Reality, Watch Your Back, Time Bomb, Days Are Numbered, Beyond Repair, Dark Times, Calm Before the Storm, etc.?

You have a lot of time on your hands don’t you?

• My Little Pony
8 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

You have a lot of time on your hands don’t you?

It certainly looks that way. 

;}

On 5/26/2020 at 5:23 AM, zacharyamelie said:

Here's the thing about Treat, at least the last couple albums - it's like they're imitating the faux-intellectual, pseudo-deep lyrics that Rush & Yes spit out on 90% of their stuff (NOTE: I *like* Rush and Yes).  And so you get nonsense like that.  Still a tremendous album though!  

16 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, where are the classic sing-along titles?

ALBUM REVIEW: Harem Scarem – Change The World – The Rockpit

Weird comment for me.
This album is closer to their early 'sing along' stuff than the last few albums.

• 2 years later...