Harem Scarem - Change The World

Stefan

On 2/13/2020 at 12:17 AM, whiplash1972 said:

Title track.... 

Had missed this when it came out and just got around to checking it out.

Not overly doing much for me.

I've been a little up and down with this band over the years for whatever reason.  United was great but this new one isn't feeling like an automatic preorder for me.  I liked the first single but I may need to hear this before deciding to buy or not.

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

Had missed this when it came out and just got around to checking it out.

Not overly doing much for me.

I've been a little up and down with this band over the years for whatever reason.  United was great but this new one isn't feeling like an automatic preorder for me.  I liked the first single but I may need to hear this before deciding to buy or not.

samples sound great. 

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is this out Friday?

Yeah it is ,had this on preorder and release date is 6th March...mine has already been sent along with the new Khymera release  :)

40 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I hate these countdown premiere thingys!!

why? you know they do it all the time so why does it still bother you?

• Haha 1

Holy shitballs........ this album is awesome!!!!

First spin and I've rated it 87%.

Best tracks:

Aftershock

The Death Of Me

Mother Of Invention

No Me Without You

No Man's Land

Gave this a listen...gotta say it just isn't overwhelming me.

I do dig Aftershock, Searching For Meaning and Death of Me.  And no Man's Land is pretty good.  Those are definitely some solid tunes.

Rest though just kinda there and not that memorable for me.  Now granted, only been through one time so maybe more listens changes my mind.  Basically, the second half just sorta lost my attention for whatever reason.

Change The World            8/10
Aftershock                 9.5/10    
Searching For Meaning       8/10
The Death Of Me            9.5/10
Mother Of Invention        9.5/10
No Man's Land               9/10   
In The Unknown             8.5/10
Riot In My Head             8/10
No Me Without You          9.5/10
Fire & Gasoline            8.5/10
Swallowed By The Machine    8/10

87%

5 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Gave this a listen...gotta say it just isn't overwhelming me.

I do dig Aftershock, Searching For Meaning and Death of Me.  And no Man's Land is pretty good.  Those are definitely some solid tunes.

Rest though just kinda there and not that memorable for me.  Now granted, only been through one time so maybe more listens changes my mind.  Basically, the second half just sorta lost my attention for whatever reason.

seems like you only like HEAT these days :lol:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Glen said:

seems like you only like HEAT these days :lol:

Well...There's some truth to that ;)

Having a tough time stacking other stuff up against it at the moment.  I mean, I'm not trying to put this album down in any way but for me, there's at least 4 songs on H.e.a.t (and maybe 5-6 songs) that I like better than whatever I'd say is my favorite song here (probably Aftershock right now).

Maybe it's just me but even trying to be objective I still feel like this is quite a bit weaker than United.  There were 6-7 songs on United I really dug and I played that album a lot.  Here I'm only getting that vibe with 3-4 songs.

It's early though and I'll see what happens as run through it a few more times.

6 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Well...There's some truth to that ;)

Having a tough time stacking other stuff up against it at the moment.  I mean, I'm not trying to put this album down in any way but for me, there's at least 4 songs on H.e.a.t (and maybe 5-6 songs) that I like better than whatever I'd say is my favorite song here (probably Aftershock right now).

Maybe it's just me but even trying to be objective I still feel like this is quite a bit weaker than United.  There were 6-7 songs on United I really dug and I played that album a lot.  Here I'm only getting that vibe with 3-4 songs.

It's early though and I'll see what happens as run through it a few more times.

I've not listened to it yet - was just winding u up :lol:

Its pretty good to my ears,HS doin what HS do...sometimes it seems like they are just going through the motions...but theyre motions are better than some bands best efforts  :)

I may be in the minority but this release isn’t doing anything for me. Love “Death Of Me” and “Aftershock” is solid. I’m a huge HS fan and Unity was easily their best in 15 years....but this release won’t change my world.