Punk. Yes or No?

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

For me it's an emphatic NO! I love all genres of guitar orientated music from AOR to Heavy Metal as you all do, but i've always hated punk. It's strange because I know that there's a fine line between Punk and Sleaze and Sleaze is one of my favourite genres. 

• My Little Pony

Usually no, but sometimes yes. I really have to be in the mood for it. And that's rarely the case. It's like Cuntry. 

• Haha 1

Today's punk a definitely No.

I remember seeing  back in the days, and Darky might remember, Depression, Arm of Insane, G.A.S.H etc.. Buying vinyl at Missing Links

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Doggy said:

Today's punk a definitely No.

I remember seeing  back in the days, and Darky might remember, Depression, Arm of Insane, G.A.S.H etc.. Buying vinyl at Missing Links

I certainly remember Missing Link Records, but the Mecca for me was always Metal For Melbourne. Pre drivers license days, so it really was a pilgrimage heading in to the city. There was also a great little place in Coburg called Bluebird Records.

17 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I certainly remember Missing Link Records, but the Mecca for me was always Metal For Melbourne. Pre drivers license days, so it really was a pilgrimage heading in to the city. There was also a great little place in Coburg called Bluebird Records.

Dave who work or he says he works at Bluebird, I catch up now then at the Box Hill Record Fair, where sometimes he has a stall

Got Greta, Ken , Big Joel as friends on Facebook, did have Kate. But Kate closed her account.

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Doggy said:

Dave who work or he says he works at Bluebird, I catch up now then at the Box Hill Record Fair, where sometimes he has a stall

Got Greta, Ken , Big Joel as friends on Facebook, did have Kate. But Kate closed her account.

Dave at Bluebird was a legend. We could always rely on him to get in the good stuff.

28 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Dave at Bluebird was a legend. We could always rely on him to get in the good stuff.

I remember driving over to Bluebird from where I am from the Eastern Suburbs. I think my usually shop ( Radical Records in Dandenong ) , where I get my stuff had a hard  time finding it. The CD it escape which one it was.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Doggy said:

I remember driving over to Bluebird from where I am from the Eastern Suburbs. I think my usually shop ( Radical Records in Dandenong ) , where I get my stuff had a hard  time finding it. The CD it escape which one it was.

Here's another couple of blasts from the past mate. I'm sure you remember Au Go Go Records. A great little hidden gem. I can't remember the name, but there was a stall at Pipeworks market that was also one of the great sources of our music.

Edited by Darkstone

21 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Here's another couple of blasts from the past mate. I'm sure you remember Au Go Go Records. A great little hidden gem. I can't remember the name, but there was a stall at Pipeworks market that was also one of the great sources of our music.

Collector's Corner you thinking of, they went on amalgamate with Missing Link. It didn't last long and they closed shop.

Then there Modern Invasion, which started selling electronic music, before owner started selling  thrash metal.

Pipeworks closed after been busted at there other store,  in South East area for selling bootlegs. Interesting Andrew the owner works for Tax Department.

And yes I remembered Au Go Go,

• 1 month later...

No Punk, no Grunge but lots of Scandinavian Cheese. ; )

• 1 month later...