Groundbreaker (Overland/Säll) - s/t

Stefan

Out September 14th on Frontiers.

From roooar.com:

Groundbreaker is the new musical project featuring singer Steve Overland (FM) and Robert Sall (Work of Art, W.E.T). 
The resulting self-titled debut album is simply everything that a Melodic Rock fan would hope and dream of: expect nothing else than soaring hooklines, magnificent melodies and amazing instrumental performances. Mixing the British and Swedish melodic rock traditions, Groundbreaker is truly the best of both worlds and one of the highlights of the entire Melodic Rock season!

groundbreaker-groundbreaker.jpg

1. Over My Shoulder
2. Will It Make You Love Me
3. Eighteen Til I Die
4. Only Time Will Tell
5. Tonight
6. Standing up for Love
7. Something Worth Fighting
8. The Sound of a Broken Heart
9. First Time
10. The Days of Our Life
11. The Way It Goes

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of new project featuring singer Steve Overland Official of FM official and Robert Säll of Work of Art & W.E.T. under the monikerGroundbreaker. The self-titled debut will be released on September 14th. Today, the first single and video, "Over My Shoulder" has been premiered, which you can check out below!

The album is simply everything that a melodic rock fan could hope for: soaring hooklines, magnificent melodies, amazing musical performances, and in Overland, a stunning vocalist. Mixing the British and Swedish melodic rock/AOR styles, Groundbreaker is truly the best of both worlds and surely destined to be one of the highlights of the year in an already stellar year for melodic rock!

GROUNDBREAKER came about when a conversation between Frontiers’ President Serafino Perugino and Overland revealed that the latter was eager to collaborate with new and exciting musicians from the European melodic rock scene. The idea was immediately brought up to involve Robert Sall of Work of Art and use Alessandro Del Vecchio’s production abilities. Overland loved the initial material that was submitted and consequently, they all started to work on songs. The process was very smooth and the final result was so good that everyone thought that the name “GROUNDBREAKER” was the right way to describe the power and the vibe of the music.

"I’m the main composer for about half of the songs, but Ale and Steve wrote a lot as well,” tells Robert Sall. “I had to write songs with Steve´s voice in mind and that was new, but very inspiring to me. But for any fan of FM or Work of Art, I think they will be very familiar with the sound of this record!”

“The idea for the album was to make a classic AOR album and I think between Robert, Alessandro, Pete Alpenborg and myself, we came up with a great collection of songs,” adds Overland. "I think this is some of the best material I've worked on in a while and all of the musicians on the record are fantastic, not only as players, but to work with. I knew of Robert's writing talents on the Work of Art records, but it really turned out to be a great collaboration and I'm so proud of the results! My personal favourite song on the record is "Will It Make You Love Me.” We’ve shot a video for it and I think it's truly a future classic!"

If you like, no LOVE melodic rock, then this is simply a must hear album!

GROUNDBREAKER:

Steve Overland - Vocals
Robert Sall - Guitars 
Nalley Pahlsson - Bass
Herman Furin - Drums
With Alessandro Del Vecchio - Keyboards

Produced by Alessandro Del Vecchio

www.facebook.com/Groundbreakerband/

Groundbreaking they certainly aren't, although Overland sounds great as always..the song..It's good, not great

I like the most recent FM album - two tracks on there I like a lot.

I like this track.  It's solid.

I hate the band name, LOL.  "Groundbreaker"?  OK, maybe if you're music is at all unique.  Otherwise...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Great opus! And so WOA! This lp sound killer thus far! I guess I'm gonna spend the money I saved from Treat's vinyl/cd on this one! 

it is EXCELLENT 

1 hour ago, Crazysam said:

New one is better than the first two promo tracks, but still not quite hitting the mark for me.  I still intend check out the full album and hopefully I'll enjoy the songs more after a few spins.

All the other songs are better than these 3. These are the weakest 3 songs imo.

There are at least 4 or 5 killer tracks on the album. 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:40 PM, Glen said:

All the other songs are better than these 3. These are the weakest 3 songs imo.

There are at least 4 or 5 killer tracks on the album. 

I gave this a spin and I agree this is a really good album.  Overland sounds great and the production is nicely done.  A good balance between Sall's guitar and the keyboards.  This will almost surely make my top 10, possibly even top 5.

Edited by Crazysam

Jeez this one's nice, innit. The two things it tells me most clearly is ; goodness, I miss WOA. What happened to them? Are they still even a band? Why don't they make music anymore? 

And the second thing is, where the heck was Sall on the new WET album? I don't hear him at all - just sounds 100% like a Martensson album... but the appeal was meant to be the two of them together. 

Anyway, on this one - without doubt the best thing Overland's been a part of since 1988. Really great album with stellar production and mostly great songs. The ballad's a bit flat, but the rest is awesome. 

47 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Jeez this one's nice, innit. The two things it tells me most clearly is ; goodness, I miss WOA. What happened to them? Are they still even a band? Why don't they make music anymore? 

And the second thing is, where the heck was Sall on the new WET album? I don't hear him at all - just sounds 100% like a Martensson album... but the appeal was meant to be the two of them together. 

Anyway, on this one - without doubt the best thing Overland's been a part of since 1988. Really great album with stellar production and mostly great songs. The ballad's a bit flat, but the rest is awesome. 

WoA are currently working on their new album. Due 2019 :)