RIP Carrie Fisher

martinsane

Rest in peace sweet princess and thanks for all the great memories. I thought she would pull through as her condition was said to be stable. Anyway, a sad day for sure.

Damn it, f**k off with this year already.

I just revisited the movie "Fanboys" a few months ago, in which Ms. Fisher made a brief cameo and referenced one of her iconic Princess Leia moments. Since it had been a few years since I'd seen the flick (and hadn't seen Carrie Fisher in much of anything in the meantime), I'd forgotten about that bit; it was an unexpected bonus that made me smile.

R.I.P. Carrie/Leia. May the Force be with you, always.

Rest in peace sweet princess and thanks for all the great memories. I thought she would pull through as her condition was said to be stable. Anyway, a sad day for sure.

I caught a newsclip on, I think it was Friday, suggesting she was stable too, so I didn't think anything more of it. As it turns out that was a completely false report and her condition basically did not change from the moment she left the plane until the end.

I can't say I am as familiar with her as most y'all guys, but as a kid, who didn't enjoy those first 3 Star Wars movies? Sure it's been a lifetime since I saw them last, but she and the movies are definitely etched in my memory, so it must count for something.

Another relatively young one... may she rest in peace.

...and now her mother, actress/singer Debbie Reynolds, has passed away a day later. Geez

• My Little Pony

...and now her mother, actress/singer Debbie Reynolds, has passed away a day later. Geez

What? Really? That's horrible.

That's unbelievable. The family must be in shock.

Yeah, 84 years old and she is said to have had a stroke whilst arranging the funeral for Carrie with her son and Carrie's brother. She was obviously well before my time, but seems a good looker back in the day. May they both rest in peace.