Babylon A.D. new studio disc coming Sept. 2017

AlphaMale

I like American Blitzkreig as well as the recent Derek Davis solo CD, both of which most here would hate I'd guess, so I'm thinking I'm one of the lucky ones who will love the new BAD album regardless.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool album cover. I'd love to hear some samples from this. It'd make my year if this was a really good album.

• 2 months later...

Called it early, and was backed up with the new Steelheart releases....

People are goona be hating on this new BAD, because even with American Blitzkrieg as their last album, and then the widely 'ignored because it's different' Derek Davis solo disc, they are still going to expect the same style of music from over 20 years ago.

I like this one on first listen.

People are goona be hating on this new BAD, because even with American Blitzkrieg as their last album, and then the widely 'ignored because it's different' Derek Davis solo disc, they are still going to expect the same style of music from over 20 years ago.

Not hating on it all, just speaking the truth. It needs a better chorus.

I'm sure there will be better on the album.

Sorry, that comment wasn't directed at you.

More at the overwhelming majority of people who will hear a couple of songs, decide that it isn't anything like S/T or Nothing Sacred and drop it .

And that's cool, just that maybe there will be some unreal expectations.

Compare to a band like Hardcore Superstar and the criticism is (more) warranted. They were progressing nicely and decided on a weird back to roots/weird ass pop-punk basic music.

And if that's the music they want to make, then fair enough, but I'll go in to the next album by them not expecting much. Hope I'm surprised :)

Sorry, that comment wasn't directed at you.

More at the overwhelming majority of people who will hear a couple of songs, decide that it isn't anything like S/T or Nothing Sacred and drop it .

And that's cool, just that maybe there will be some unreal expectations.

Compare to a band like Hardcore Superstar and the criticism is (more) warranted. They were progressing nicely and decided on a weird back to roots/weird ass pop-punk basic music.

And if that's the music they want to make, then fair enough, but I'll go in to the next album by them not expecting much. Hope I'm surprised :)

Backed on HS . They need to get back to Dreamin in a Casket sound.

Personally I'm glad Babylon AD are rocking hard. Sure the album will be cool

New song is OK but they can -- and should -- do better.

Beats that new Quiet Riot shit anyway

Totally into this one. I can hear their roots in it. As stated; chorus could be slicker but as is I am really excited to hear the rest of this album. Their first two cds were so ridiculously good, comparing Revelation Highway to them is really unfair to begin with. I think it is a good representation of what they should sound like in 2017.

And since this is a BAD thread, I will take this opportunity to once again shamelessly sing the praises of their Persuaders cd. What a monster disc!! Not as crunchy as BAD but killer hooks abound.

I agree with Shamus in that you can definitely hear "their roots." The song isn't amazing, but it's also not half bad. Don't love it, don't mind it at all.

http://sleazeroxx.com/ex-babylon-a-d-guitarist-danny-de-la-rosa-speaks-about-leaving-the-band-and-upcoming-solo-album/

With respect to why De La Rosa ended up leaving Babylon A.D. after 28 years with the band, he advised: “Derek is the king of Babylon A.D. [laughs] and he is a doer. He has a studio at his home so it’s pretty easy for him to record what and when he wants. After all my years of playing, I could never really grasp being good enough to engineer a quality recording. I don’t want to put out a garage studio recording that sounds like a demo. I want my music to sound the best it can with a producer’s input. When I’m writing songs, I have no idea if it’s perceived as good or not. When people heard it — professional people — they said it was worth re-recording in a quality studio, so I am. I now have myself to rely on and I don’t have to compromise with anyone else except for the producer whom I will give total trust as he is investing his time to record me. [i have] full musical expression with the freedom to do what I want. If 100 people respond they like some of my music, I will be a happy man. Add a few zeros and I would be ecstatic!

I left Babylon A.D. for several reasons. Basically, the band had an underlying urge to be The Persuaders again — their former name before I joined — and I didn’t want to be in the way of that. I am happy for them to go full circle. I knew it was just a matter of time. They are living their dream and more power to them but that dream is not mine. I also had a position that if we were to record a new album, I preferred a third party to choose songs, engineer and produce. That wasn’t going to happen in this regimen… [laughs] but Derek was very supportive of me recording and releasing my music. I wouldn’t write off playing a show in the future with Babylon A.D. playing those classic songs. I loved playing those songs with Ron [Freschi]. We always got along great for a dual lead situation.

I didn’t make it easy for them when shows and rehearsals came up because more importantly I am a father of three teenage boys and they need me at this point in their lives and I need them. I couldn’t go anywhere at a drop of a hat and frankly, I feel I experienced everything the band had to offer. The main thing I will miss is the Monster Of Rock Cruises. It is so much fun to meet the fans and great musicians and see bands I like and just the whole positive vibe made possible by the awesome staff. I would like to thank all the promoters that treated me so well and the fans that made the effort to come talk to me sharing their memories of our music and how it affected them. I went on the road as a musician out of high school; auditioned for KISS when Ace [Frehley] left; hung out with Clive Davis, Tom Werman, RoboCop and Sam Kinison; jammed with some great musicians; and, now I can continue to express myself musically without the “burden” of being a rich and famous person that can’t go out anywhere [laughs]. I have the best of both worlds. What a great thing to be musically active at this point in my life.”

Yeah, you'd be a hard man to begrudge him for such a decision after reading that. The bit in bold is indeed interesting. I really hope that shines through in the new album.

I am sad that he won't be a part of it for sure, but doubt I've ever seen more valid, logical and sensible reasons as to why. Good luck to him and I hope it's not the last we hear of him.

Yeah, you'd be a hard man to begrudge him for such a decision after reading that. The bit in bold is indeed interesting. I really hope that shines through in the new album.

I am sad that he won't be a part of it for sure, but doubt I've ever seen more valid, logical and sensible reasons as to why. Good luck to him and I hope it's not the last we hear of him.

I bolded that part just for you. I know you were a big fan of the Persauders disc. I was too.

• 3 weeks later...