Babylon A.D. new studio disc coming Sept. 2017

AlphaMale

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that really is a song that could have been on one of the early albums, until the chorus, which is a bit 'less 80's'

When he sings "SHOT to fame" it brings back those warm fuzzies...

• 1 month later...

I saw this thread and was all like, well where is this mofo. But do I see correctly new release date is 10th of November? Old news? Probably... 

Who's looking forward to hearing the new Babylon A.D. album, REVELATION HIGHWAY? We've had the pleasure of listening to it multiple times and it is an ass kicker! If you loved the first two albums, then this will be right up your alley!

Coming Nov. 10th on CD/LP/MP3! http://radi.al/BabylonAD

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Who's looking forward to hearing the new Babylon A.D. album, REVELATION HIGHWAY? We've had the pleasure of listening to it multiple times and it is an ass kicker! If you loved the first two albums, then this will be right up your alley!

Coming Nov. 10th on CD/LP/MP3! http://radi.al/BabylonAD

Sounds very promising.  I'm excited.

We have to remember it is 2017 and not 1989. Even if the album is good, it will never be on the same level as any of their albums. I won't fault them for sounding different, I just hope it's tolerable. Atleast I can respect them for sounding as much of their sound as possible. I'd be happy enough with that. But we'll see

Listened to this today, and thought it was a pretty good album.  As you can tell from the samples, it lacks the polished production of their first two and doesn't have any real standouts like So Savage the Heart.   But is solid from first track to last and if you liked their In the Beginning...Persuaders you will probably enjoy this as well.  I believe about half the tracks on Revelation Highway were also on that recording. 

Got mine this morning first few spins sound good to my ears,wont get a real proper good listen in style on the stereo til Saturday night...after the live footy of course...and with a few beer...also of course :)

I picked it up and enjoyed it. Some good tunes! And I'm glad they're still kickin'....always good to see bands from back in the day still putting out good stuff. 

Well I'm going to be a bit kinder to them. The album's not going to contend for the top spot of the year, but as good as the first two albums were, neither of them would compete for the top spots in their year of release. Doesn't mean they're not great albums, though.

And this one, in my opinion, isn't too far off those first two. I'd genuinely give them a 10/10 for effort and conviction. They sound fired up, and passionate about creating an authentic sounding Babylon AD album. And this would fit nicely in their discography after 'Nothing Sacred.' 

I'm not wild about the second and third songs (both good, but the least impactful), but the rest are all good, with a few great tunes. 'Tears' and 'Last Time for Love' were two of my favourite from the Persuaders sessions, and they're my favourites here. But 'Crash and burn,' 'Rags to riches,' 'Saturday night,' and the great closer, 'Don't tell me tonight' - you can't really go wrong here.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the album of the year, but it's a seriously good return to form and I'm extremely pleased with the end product. I think it would be unreasonable to expect any better than this. Top effort.