Footie World Cup 2014

Wotty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its been obvious for many years now that England are not capable of competing with the top nations.

Its what we've come to expect so no surprises really.

• My Little Pony

I think its been obvious for many years now that England are not capable of competing with the top nations.

Its what we've come to expect so no surprises really.

Doesn't make it any less disappointing, though.

If only Captain Cannibal Suarez hadn't scored both goals, I wouldn't have minded so much, as I wasn't expecting much. Playing reasonably well for 25 minutes (after going a goal down) in a game doesn't get you anywhere. Defence was severely lacking...again, which is why they should have taken Cole and Terry in the first place. Completely out of their depth at this level and time for a serious re think

• My Little Pony

Completely out of their depth at this level and time for a serious re think

Isn't this precisely what we were saying four years ago?

• My Little Pony

I know you'll be rooting for the good ole USA on Sunday,KarpetRyd !

Hell, no. I need Ghana to advance. I was so pissed they lost to USA.

Well,you hope that Italy will do us a favour,but NO. It just beggars the question,HOW did they beat us.........Jez had it bang on....Rooney,when he scored,should have got back,psyched up,bellowed at the rest,COME ON,THEY'RE HERE FOR THE FUCKIN' TAKING,but no,he wallowed in the fact he'd actually scored,and they played for a draw,MISTAKE.........

There's always next time.........But don't we always say that..........

Yeah time for a serious rethink for the umpteenth time!!

Sooner or later you just have to accept that England are not good enough.

The premier league shines because of all the foreign stars.

Sad but true.

Watching France last night all I could think was thank God we didnt have to face them - would have ripped us apart.

Sad but true.

Watching France last night all I could think was thank God we didnt have to face them - would have ripped us apart.

Like that there ever was a chance for FIFA's nationalistic festivity to be better than PL or Champions League or Primera Division etc...

Btw, I can only think 3 reasons to watch England: Here's one of them: :D

Sad but true.

Like that there ever was a chance for FIFA's nationalistic festivity to be better than PL or Champions League or Primera Division etc...

Btw, I can only think 3 reasons to watch England: Here's one of them: :D

That "scorpion kick"is just plain cool and crazy at the same time!!!

see ol' hannibal himself resurfaced during the match with italy,what is this guy on....once=a mistake? twice=stupido but to actually bite another opponent for a 3rd time on LIVE television and this time at the world cup!!!! guy has problems and I think by his none celebrations at the end he knows himself that hes in the brown stuff with fifa :(

btw 2 boring nil nils...hope for goals in the later ko's...

• 2 weeks later...

semi finals are looking tasty so far...with that 1 quarter final to be played,think the dutch will be too strong for costa rica,although england,italy,uruguay and greece have thought that already?

Holland get it on penalties.....flippin heck if they win the next game (Argentina) I'm deffo in the money. Thought the U.S.A. were awesome a couple of nights back - wish England had that never say die attitude, even though they lost they went out with heads held high! Hats off to 'em!

Great semi final line up,but no stand out team,they all seem to be stumbling from one round to the next atm,maybe a bit of nerves,just hope that they go all out now.

• My Little Pony

Great semi final line up,but no stand out team,they all seem to be stumbling from one round to the next atm,maybe a bit of nerves,just hope that they go all out now.

Right? Every match has been underwhelming. If one more game goes to penalties, I'mma start hitting things.

best games were at group stage....France vs Switzerland was my fav game....could have been 8-4.

Now Nehmar is out, there's not a lot to stop the Germans.

The saving grace of this thing has been a half hour highlights show we get every night over here. In the group stages it'd have 7 and 1/2 mins of the 4 games overnight, and then 15min highlights of each match once it was down to 8 teams. It's the only way to watch soccer, imo. I pity anyone who as to sit through 2 hours of goal-less dramatics to see it end in a penalty shout out.

I agree the best games were definitely early on.

Anyway, go Holland! They have looked pretty good all along and I think they were terribly unlucky to not win in normal time, let alone extra time against Costa Rica. So many close calls, but I guess justice was served in the end. Hope they can take it all the way now...

• My Little Pony

I dont....cheating wankers.

I'd like a Brazil vs Argentina final.

A friend of mine posted on the FaceTubes: "Definition of flopping: Brasil." Nah, the definition of flopping is more likely Robben. So embarrassing to watch him play, and I'm not even a Holland supporter. Fooking twat.