Footie World Cup 2014

Wotty

Yesterday's game may have been the biggest asswhuppin' ever delivered in the sport of soccer.

Brazil looked beyond pathetic. Biggest margin of defeat ever by a host country... and they DOUBLED the previous record.

A choke job for the millenium.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazil were pathetic. Talk about a one man team. Germany were very well organised but really didnt have to try to hard to score their goals although I would say the last goal was excellent.

Big embarrassment for the home nation

• My Little Pony

And how about that Argentina/Nederlands game. I almost fell asleep. I think the Germans may have got inside their minds, too. Argentina do not look fit to play Germany this Sunday. And I doubt Brasil will repeat yesterday's match, so Holland isn't looking good either.

I dont....cheating wankers.

I'd like a Brazil vs Argentina final.

A friend of mine posted on the FaceTubes: "Definition of flopping: Brasil." Nah, the definition of flopping is more likely Robben. So embarrassing to watch him play, and I'm not even a Holland supporter. Fooking twat.

Wow, are you guys actually being serious right now? You're honestly saying that one team is worse than the other in terms of cheating? They're all a bunch of cheating c*nts and if I was in charge I'd be handing out death penalties for every single dive in the tournament. Not lying. F*ck the red cards. Bullet to the head is a better long term fix. It'll clean the sport up too.

How can you single out Holland and Robben? Just 'cause he dives 17ft further than everyone else? The fact is everyone else still dives, just not quite with the enthusiasm he does. Big or small, one dive is as sinful as the other.

Honestly, Glen, that has got to be the most off-the-mark comment I have seen related to soccer. Calling Holland bigger cheaters than any of the other miserable c*nts. It's a poofter's game (professionally) and I wish death to most of them, but it is what it is. Calling one team bigger cheaters than another is just incorrect. Hell, I think even a couple of the Aussies took a few dives. Sadly, it's just the kind of f*cked up behavior the game endorses, supports and even encourages, in their tolerance for it.

That said, sad to see Holland lose, but if a team honestly can't win a game of soccer in 2 full hours, then f*ck off. It deserves to go down to a satanic penalty shootout. I hope wasting 70% of the game not offering any form of attack haunts them for the rest of their lives. ;)

Haha, yeah, I do like the spectacle of the World Cup, just jeez I hate the actual professional game of soccer...

Whatever mate........

Its pretty openly accepted that Robben is one of if not THE biggest cheat in football - hell he even admits it himself.

There are a few divers in the game - Muller comes to mind, but I feel you are perhaps confusing 'contact and going down' with 'diving'.

Many players will go down if 'touched' in the box....its part and parcel of the game, like it or not.

What would you do if 'touched/tackled'....try to stay on your feet and miss, or go down and win a penalty....its a no-brainer really.

I'd like to think that England players generally do not cheat and do not dive, but there have been the odd occasions which is regretable.

BUT what really sticks in my mind is the Dutch in the last world cup final - the whole team were an utter disgrace....basically dangerous and foul play through the whole 90 mins and just because they were outplayed........on those grounds I hope they rot in hell and never make another final while any of those players are still in he team.

Truth.

Personally football is not my favourite sport.....athletics, cycling, triathlon etc interest me far more as they are sports I pursue.........however that said, football is the only 'team' sport which really interests me - all the others bore my pants off.

So there you go...........

Whatever mate........

Its pretty openly accepted that Robben is one of if not THE biggest cheat in football - hell he even admits it himself.

There are a few divers in the game - Muller comes to mind, but I feel you are perhaps confusing 'contact and going down' with 'diving'.

Many players will go down if 'touched' in the box....its part and parcel of the game, like it or not.

What would you do if 'touched/tackled'....try to stay on your feet and miss, or go down and win a penalty....its a no-brainer really.

I'd like to think that England players generally do not cheat and do not dive, but there have been the odd occasions which is regretable.

BUT what really sticks in my mind is the Dutch in the last world cup final - the whole team were an utter disgrace....basically dangerous and foul play through the whole 90 mins and just because they were outplayed........on those grounds I hope they rot in hell and never make another final while any of those players are still in he team.

Truth.

Personally football is not my favourite sport.....athletics, cycling, triathlon etc interest me far more as they are sports I pursue.........however that said, football is the only 'team' sport which really interests me - all the others bore my pants off.

So there you go...........

A few divers in the game? Ha, that's a bit generous, mate. I'd say a good 98% of them is a little more than a few. I should actually make it clear that the actual dive itself is actually not the thing that gets me the most. Sometimes, as you say, come contact may force you to lose your balance and you will end up off your feet. It does happen. It's what happens after that should be an instant red card - any type of theatrics should be cause for execution. Clutching at body parts 7ft from where you were supposedly struck and stuff like that. That's what really gets me. I do have to say, in that Messi guy's defense. I don't know him from a bar of soap but he seems to be Jesus or something, but I saw him a few times this morning stay up when he could have fallen several times. And it almost paid off for him too. Good luck to the guy if that's how he plays. Maybe he actually deserves some of his hype. Seems a lot more worthy of it than that slimy Portugese c*nt who left the field without shaking any hands. What's his name? Another Ronaldo or something? Worthless c*nt.

What would you do if 'touched/tackled'....try to stay on your feet and miss, or go down and win a penalty....its a no-brainer really. - to me it is a no-brainer; you're right. I would DEFINITELY try to stay on my feet and go for the shot at goal. It may come as a surprise to most these homos, but when they actually do that you'll many times see them rewarded for their perseverance. Whereas the dive, thankfully, is not always rewarded. I'd rather fight for that shot at goal, even if I miss, than dive and only have a 50/50 chance at getting a shot or not.

I think as a whole that's why as much as a certain group think soccer will one day be huge in Australia, most of us know it won't be. Because of this mentality. That it's apparently a no-brainer to cheat rather than have a legit go. The whole soccer culture is something that thankfully just doesn't gel with how we roll down here when it comes to sport.

Like I say, the World Cup is a cool once every 4 year spectacle that one can truly not help but get caught up in. But I'm glad it's only every 4 years. Having to watch soccer more than once every 4 years would do my head in.

I'm dragging on here a bit, as usual, but it's funny you mention that last world cup match with the Dutch. I actually do remember that game too, but for the opposite reasons you state. I was actually very proud of my Dutch background that day. They played a good hard game of soccer and that's how I remember it as a kid. It was similar also to how the Aussies played in what I think was that same world cup. It was nice to see a team not act like everyone who plays soccer is made of glass. These are full grown men. It isn't right to be parading around like a bunch of fairies. Yeah, like I say, to me that was how we used to play soccer as a kid, and how I remember the game used to be. It was surely never, ever meant to be the half sport / half theatrical show that it is now. Surely...

Im almost bored of explaining this already but just for completeness

1. Football is generally a fair sport - you are only exposed to the european game where diving does happen. Go to my local game & you wont see a dive all season

2. If you were tackled in the box and stayed on your feet and missed your shot your team mates would kill you.

3. Holland world cup final game was a disgrace - widely accepted by everyone. Hell even the players admitted they lost the plot.

4. Every other team sports is boring...cricket, rugby, hockey...you name it.

Oh and

5. Some footballers are fairies..not many. But many more are as hard as nails. Try telling mascherano (spelling?) hes a fairy - knocked unconscious on the pitch and back on playing 3 mins later.

As I said its all very well speculating on football after watching a handful of games but 90% of football is not like this.

4. Every other team sports is boring...cricket, rugby, hockey...you name it.

You di'nt, did you? No, you di'nt. You couldn't have.

Mate, fair call - I admit wholeheartedly that my only exposure to soccer is the World Cup and if you tell me they don't dive like this in other forms of the sport, all I've got to go on is your word. I'll be honest and admit I'm not sure I believe you, but it's your call.

Anyway, if you think a game that can and often does go for 90mins ending in a 0-0 scoreline is the least boring team sport, well, good luck to you. I hate rugby, but I'd take it over soccer... probably. Okay, maybe not. I'm not sure. But I will say this with conviction. Rugby is certainly NOT more boring than soccer. Shittier, yes. Possibly. Messier . But not more boring. Cricket depends on the form of the game. A test match, yeah, possibly as boring, but not a one dayer. Hockey? Who knows? Again, not my kind of sport but as much as I don't follow it, it seems a nice pace and I'd be stunned if it's more boring than soccer.

Anyway, it's a pointless argument anyway. Rugby League is the only sport that really matters and is the polar opposite of boring, so thankfully that's all I personally need. :)

Again people do not understand that scoring isnt the be all and end all of sport.

Basketball ends up 100 all or something ludicrous and is in my opinion mind numbing. So is rugby league. Sorry mate but its not exactly a tacticians game is it. The play structure is very rigid.

With football there are so many tactics so many different formations , set ups. Its a thinking mans game and that is what makes it so interesting. One substitution can completely change a game and a managers outlook requiring counter thinking and a change in stance.

Also some of the most brilliant and tense and competitve games end 0-0. Just look back to when england held italy 0-0, I almost died in that game.

Hey ho to each their own. Football isnt called the beautiful game for nothing but I accept that not everyone gets it.

As I said its not my favourite sport that will always be individual pursuits.

Cheers