Dynazty - Renatus

Stefan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely awesome riffage, pretty cool tune.

As awesome as this sounds now as a single track, I already find myself wondering how often I'll go back to replay this song hungrily on the album. Pretty average metal chorus, imo.

• 1 month later...

If you are a fan of their previous music you will probably be disappointed but I am one song in and holy shit...this is a METAL album. Period. The drummer is ridiculous!

R.I.P. old Dynazty music, reclassify under METAL...and learn to love it because it is kicking my ass so far.

Full review after I spin it a couple times today.

Guest MortimusRocker

The drummer has no double pedals, he uses his hand to make it sound like they were double, he calls it his "gong bass theory", awsome and unique. He makes it clear in the "making of.." videos that he only uses one pedal. He has been practising this for a while.

• My Little Pony

The drummer has no double pedals, he uses his hand to make it sound like they were double, he calls it his "gong bass theory", awsome and unique. He makes it clear in the "making of.." videos that he only uses one pedal. He has been practising this for a while.

Yeah. That definitely would require some practice. As a drummer, myself, I think it would be easier to learn to use double-pedals. And you have a free hand. But it does look cool, and you learn to work around it.

Yes he is truly remarkable...awesome for sure...however....

This cd is dull, no melodies, samey, and gets old in a hurry. My excitement above was premature as I will never spin it again.

R.i.p. Dynazty...

Yeah. That definitely would require some practice. As a drummer, myself, I think it would be easier to learn to use double-pedals. And you have a free hand. But it does look cool, and you learn to work around it.

Same for me. There are some cool things you can do but not constant like this guy. Killer drummer!

• My Little Pony

This cd is dull, no melodies, samey, and gets old in a hurry. My excitement above was premature as I will never spin it again.

R.i.p. Dynazty...

Holy shit! That was an about face, if I ever did see one.

R.i.p. Dynazty...

Damn dude.... you love the Sollinger fronted crappy Skid Row releases but don't like the awesomeness of Dynazty's "Renatus"?? Damn dude. I'm baffled by that.

Its not something id listen to on the train or anything but its great for the static bike. Try to keep pace for the whole album...thats some challenge.

R.i.p. Dynazty...

Well listen to the opening track and you're blown away. Had they gone into a straight ahead rocker after that and been "normal" I'd loved it. But the song content is dull, the chorus' are dull but the music rocks. But I can't get in to it and it will sit on my shelf.

R.i.p. Dynazty...

Damn dude.... you love the Sollinger fronted crappy Skid Row releases but don't like the awesomeness of Dynazty's "Renatus"?? Damn dude. I'm baffled by that.

Those Skid cd's have MELODY & strong CHORUS". I will listen to any of those 10 times before I play this again. I could listen to this another 4-5 times and I bet I can't tell the songs apart.

R.i.p. Dynazty...

Agree, I will most likely never listen to it again

Well listen to the opening track and you're blown away. Had they gone into a straight ahead rocker after that and been "normal" I'd loved it. But the song content is dull, the chorus' are dull but the music rocks. But I can't get in to it and it will sit on my shelf.

I guess dull verse is acceptable, but the chorus is actually great. In fact, if they twist it back to hard rock and improved the verse, this is gonna be a great album, but yeah the verse and metal approach kills it. Although it's not extremely terrible but will rarely get played compared to Sultan and KYD of course

It looks like I must have posted my thoughts in another thread, but I pretty much agree with Jared on this one. Musically it does start of sounding killer, but by song 3 you already realise every single song is going to sound identical, and in the end they all do. I also can't remember one hook or melody or chorus from the entire disc. I just remember heavy riffage. Which is cool, but when it's all you got with nothing at all behind it, the disc is going to fail 10 out of 10 times.

It looks like I must have posted my thoughts in another thread, but I pretty much agree with Jared on this one. Musically it does start of sounding killer, but by song 3 you already realise every single song is going to sound identical, and in the end they all do. I also can't remember one hook or melody or chorus from the entire disc. I just remember heavy riffage. Which is cool, but when it's all you got with nothing at all behind it, the disc is going to fail 10 out of 10 times.

Right on...sad as I expected more. Worst cd of the year for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't to sure about this disc on first few spins but man now I love it. I know it sounds a lot heavier than the previous 3 and I loved those two and they probably should have changed their name but damn there are some good heavy songs and the melodies really grab you after you get into that 5-10 spin range, well at least it did for me but I doubt it will for everyone.

• 3 months later...

This CD got old fast for me... As others have said, it all sounds alike. Very talented band with a good sound, but they need to change things up a little in the songwriting department.

LOVED, Sultans Of Sin and liked Knock You Down, but don't like this new direction at all. It was a pass for me just by the samples.