Adriangale - "SUCKERPUNCH !".

66 mustang

Well if Faith Circus eclipses Suckerpunch it must be amazing (and i'll be checking it out asap!!), cos this is one damned fine album.

I love pretty much every song, and they sound a lot closer to HS now (not a second rate version like before) which is fine by me.

Also production wise this is awesome.

That's some serious praise, Glen.

Truth

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Well if Faith Circus eclipses Suckerpunch it must be amazing (and i'll be checking it out asap!!), cos this is one damned fine album.

I love pretty much every song, and they sound a lot closer to HS now (not a second rate version like before) which is fine by me.

Also production wise this is awesome.

That's some serious praise, Glen.

Truth

Then I need to hear this.

• My Little Pony

Looking forward to seeing them LIVE today in Chicago and MRF3!!

I hate all of you. It's gonna be a great weekend.

Just listened to the new Adriangale and Glen is right, really close to Harem Scarem. Sounds good, nothing mind blowing, but really solid pretty much like a Kivel releases, never a bad one, just rarely something that blows me away.

This is one of the best Kivel releases to date in my opinion

I agree! The triple threat of Tango Down,LaValle and AdrianGale= AWESOME!!!

This is one of the best Kivel releases to date in my opinion

I agree! The triple threat of Tango Down,LaValle and AdrianGale= AWESOME!!!

The first half of LaValle is virtually flawless, but tails off badly towards the end.

I think Lavalle's the Kivel's best release so far, I'm about to hear Maxx Explosion, but I doubt it will top that. Suckerpunch is great, perhaps I rated it around 81%, but agree with Geoff that the new Faith Circus is slightly better although FC is also inferior to Lavalle

I think Lavalle's the Kivel's best release so far, I'm about to hear Maxx Explosion, but I doubt it will top that. Suckerpunch is great, perhaps I rated it around 81%, but agree with Geoff that the new Faith Circus is slightly better although FC is also inferior to Lavalle

Thing is i listened to Faith Circus last night and not one tune is 'spinning in my head'....the hooks on adriangale are far better imo of course.

to me AdrianGale is the band that took Kivel to a whole new level. they were the first band to have it all and have it all the time. the early Kivel bands would have a couple great songs on an album, a couple good ones and a lot of throw aways to fill out the cd. when Adriangale came along that all changed. albums became good or great through out the whole thing. the production value got so much better. the songwriting got better.

Yeah, it is very solid. If I was being really critical, I would admit that for me it's missing a bit of heart and soul. Production is perfect, vocals and music is excellent, hooks are strong and every song is a well constructed melodic rock song. But it's arguably all a little mechanical, and just missing that personal edge to make it more than a pleasant listening experience.

Yeah, it is very solid. If I was being really critical, I would admit that for me it's missing a bit of heart and soul. Production is perfect, vocals and music is excellent, hooks are strong and every song is a well constructed melodic rock song. But it's arguably all a little mechanical, and just missing that personal edge to make it more than a pleasant listening experience.

I agree. It's missing something to make it special. Maybe with repeated spins it will get there but I don't know.

I agree. It's missing something to make it special. Maybe with repeated spins it will get there but I don't know.

I love it , and I really like the their other albums. I think this is the best and most consistent.

Quite disagree about their best and most consistent as from what I've heard, the other three are better, especially Reprogram being their best. The new one is quite on par with 'Feel The Fire' I guess but I like FTF slightly better though

Eh? Their previous discs were patchy IMO.

Not a weak song on this for me and sound wise its HS with a small DL input.

Pretty great for my ears and my tastes.

At first I thought it was their best, too. But I'm not sure now. Would have to listen to them all in a row. I think I'd still take 'Re-Program' too. And I did like the 3rd disc too. Though there were a couple of fillers, and there are no fillers on the new disc. Like I said, it's a perfectly structured disc... I just wish it didn't feel so clinical to me.

At first I thought it was their best, too. But I'm not sure now. Would have to listen to them all in a row. I think I'd still take 'Re-Program' too. And I did like the 3rd disc too. Though there were a couple of fillers, and there are no fillers on the new disc. Like I said, it's a perfectly structured disc... I just wish it didn't feel so clinical to me.

That's what you call "overthinking it". :P

• My Little Pony

That's what you call "overthinking it". :P

Right?!! Leave it to Geoffery to unnecessarily complicate something so simple.