Adriangale - "SUCKERPUNCH !".

66 mustang

I think this is a really good disc, Im going to check it out a few more times, then i'll be able to give a true description to what I think of it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words...

SUCKERPUNCH ROCKS!!!!

Yep gonna go with Shawn on this one, Suckerpunch does fucking rock!! I am absolutely fucking ecstatic with this disc, never saw it coming either, BUY THIS DISC, IT IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME OR MONEY!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad they are back, I realyy enjoy this album. I hope they will keep on delivering great hard rock. We don't wanna wait ten years, this time :whistle:

From what I understand, you won't have to. ;)

I know a best of is coming in 2014 with a couple of new tracks, that came from JK.

Two words...

SUCKERPUNCH ROCKS!!!!

Yep gonna go with Shawn on this one, Suckerpunch does fucking rock!! I am absolutely fucking ecstatic with this disc, never saw it coming either, BUY THIS DISC, IT IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME OR MONEY!

Baseball is over dude. Time to change your sig!!! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Solid but still unspectacular, like most of their releases. They suffer from the same syndrome as post 'WOTW' Harem Scarem, all the songs are good and solid but none have a playback factor that get me excited. I find most AdrianGale and Kivel releases for that matter suffer from that 'playing it safe' factor.

I wish Vic Rivera would let Eddie Campbell get loose a bit more and not only on the solos.

Even with all the negative vibe I'm sending this is one of the better releases of 2013 and to me this is the bands most consistant release with no filler.

Solid but still unspectacular, like most of their releases. They suffer from the same syndrome as post 'WOTW' Harem Scarem, all the songs are good and solid but none have a playback factor that get me excited. I find most AdrianGale and Kivel releases for that matter suffer from that 'playing it safe' factor.

I wish Vic Rivera would let Eddie Campbell get loose a bit more and not only on the solos.

Even with all the negative vibe I'm sending this is one of the better releases of 2013 and to me this is the bands most consistant release with no filler.

What are you smoking dude? All of those post WOTW releases from Harem Scarem are essential and I play them all very often. I think "Suckerpunch" is a very good release. I don't get this "playing it safe" crap. What do you want them to do?

What are you smoking dude? All of those post WOTW releases from Harem Scarem are essential and I play them all very often. I think "Suckerpunch" is a very good release. I don't get this "playing it safe" crap. What do you want them to do?

Ha ha youre dead right. I love those post WOTW releases. In fact Higher is my fav album of theirs - probably 95%. Human Nature is also awesome. Id say that Suckerpunch is the first time Adriangale have got close to the awesomeness of HS on a consistent basis across a whole album.

Ha ha youre dead right. I love those post WOTW releases. In fact Higher is my fav album of theirs - probably 95%. Human Nature is also awesome. Id say that Suckerpunch is the first time Adriangale have got close to the awesomeness of HS on a consistent basis across a whole album.

The songs all sound great on HS and AdrianGale, but something is missing. They are a bit too 'predictable' and yes they play it safe, no big variety in the sound. I'm not smoking anything, the 3 to 4 minute repetitive structure of all their tracks don't get me excited as much as some other projects. To each his own.

Hard to believe after al the arguing that this is one one of my top 15 of 2013, but it isn't #1...even my fav of the year is not perfect and without fault.

The songs all sound great on HS and AdrianGale, but something is missing. They are a bit too 'predictable' and yes they play it safe, no big variety in the sound. I'm not smoking anything, the 3 to 4 minute repetitive structure of all their tracks don't get me excited as much as some other projects. To each his own.

Hard to believe after al the arguing that this is one one of my top 15 of 2013, but it isn't #1...even my fav of the year is not perfect and without fault.

So you are saying you would like different tempo/song structures for AG? I can relate to that. As much as I love Suckerpunch, it does sound a little "samey" to me. Harem Scarem can do no wrong in my book. The last 5 releases are all 90% or higher to me.

I love this album. Period.

Agree!!!

• 5 months later...

I just got this album and went looking for a thread to see what others thought about it...

I'm pleasantly surprised with it....Had never really listened to this band before...

I like the solid production, hooks, harmonies, riffs, etc....Obviously some Leppard/Tesla/80's influences coming through on this album IMO.

Every now and then I go looking for something different to check out that is in my wheelhouse of tastes....And this is fitting the bill at the moment :)

As much as I love Suckerpunch, it does sound a little "samey" to me.

They are a bit too 'predictable' and yes they play it safe, no big variety in the sound.

Some would call that having a "signature sound"...AdrianGale sounds like AdrianGale. :)

• My Little Pony

As much as I love Suckerpunch, it does sound a little "samey" to me.

They are a bit too 'predictable' and yes they play it safe, no big variety in the sound.

Some would call that having a "signature sound"...AdrianGale sounds like AdrianGale. :)

Whoa! Hey, now, don't go making sense of things.

;}