Bands that you miss

Bands that I miss ...

Warrior Soul

Dokken (with George Lynch)

Van Halen (with Michael Anthony)

Helloween (the 'Keeper' line up will forever be a fond memory)

Celtic Frost (no chance, but I can dream)

pre-1987 Whitesnake

Judas Priest (with KK)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Thin Lizzy

Rainbow/Sabbath/Dio/Heaven And Hell (I miss RJD!)

RJD is at the top for me, absolutely missed.

Bands that I miss ...

Warrior Soul

pre-1987 Whitesnake

Judas Priest (with KK)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Thin Lizzy

One of my biggest regrets is that I never got to see him perform live (other than on DVD) ... :(

Queensryche (DeGarmo/Tate version, obviously) :)

I'm sure we could all fill a complete set of encyclopedias with bands we miss but I totally agree with Bratta and White Lion and Saigon Kick.

SK have a reunion in the works and I'm hoping it includes new material with Kramer. In the meantime Bieler has an ep out under the moniker Owl Stretching which features a 2011 version of the track The Lizard.

I really couldn't. The only bands I genuinely miss are:

Death (RIP Chuck; such an unbelievable talent)

Metal Church (a la David Wayne or Mike Howe)

White Lion (with Bratta)

Tytan or Lion (Kal Swan at his best imo)

Thin Lizzy (with Phil, best front man ever)

Rough Cutt (Shortino's best by far)

Yeah, some great bands have been mentioned, but I found most of them went bad before they stopped performing. For example, Dangerous Toys - great debut, but pretty average after that; Cinderella - a few good songs on every album, but nothing got anywhere near 'Long Cold Winter' for me; Warrior Soul - I hate the way their music went after the second album; Queensryche - O:M was easily their peak; Trouble - pretty good before the s/t album, which was amazing, but after that it went downhill; Crimson Glory - 2 incredible albums, 1 average one and then one pretty poor album; Carcass - 'Swansong' was awful, etc etc...

Bands that I miss ...

Warrior Soul

pre-1987 Whitesnake

Judas Priest (with KK)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Thin Lizzy

One of my biggest regrets is that I never got to see him perform live (other than on DVD) ... :(

Yeah shame that - I saw him on a number of occasions, first one being the Holy Diver tour. Awesome!

Bands that I miss ...

Warrior Soul

pre-1987 Whitesnake

Judas Priest (with KK)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Thin Lizzy

Yeah shame that - I saw him on a number of occasions, first one being the Holy Diver tour. Awesome!

Once for me on the Sacred Heart tour. Savatage and Megadeth opened.

One band I miss that actually is still around is Firehouse. They still rock live, CJ can still kill the high notes, yet they have been unable to come anywhere close to releasing anything like their first two albums. Man, if they could catch lighting in a bottle and put out something along the lines of those early albums that would be awesome.

One band I miss that actually is still around is Firehouse. They still rock live, CJ can still kill the high notes, yet they have been unable to come anywhere close to releasing anything like their first two albums. Man, if they could catch lighting in a bottle and put out something along the lines of those early albums that would be awesome.

10 f'in years since the last album!!!

100% backed. Would love to hear good new output from these guys, and Slaughter.

100% backed. Would love to hear good new output from these guys, and Slaughter.

13 years since Slaughters last album, and Cinderella has been 18 years!

I'm sure we could all fill a complete set of encyclopedias with bands we miss but I totally agree with Bratta and White Lion and Saigon Kick.

SK have a reunion in the works and I'm hoping it includes new material with Kramer. In the meantime Bieler has an ep out under the moniker Owl Stretching which features a 2011 version of the track The Lizard.

White Lion (with Bratta)

Yeah, some great bands have been mentioned, but I found most of them went bad before they stopped performing. For example, Dangerous Toys - great debut, but pretty average after that; Cinderella - a few good songs on every album, but nothing got anywhere near 'Long Cold Winter' for me; Warrior Soul - I hate the way their music went after the second album; Queensryche - O:M was easily their peak; Trouble - pretty good before the s/t album, which was amazing, but after that it went downhill; Crimson Glory - 2 incredible albums, 1 average one and then one pretty poor album; Carcass - 'Swansong' was awful, etc etc...

You didn't like Trouble - Manic Frustration?? By far my fav Trouble release and as for Carcass...Swansong was the only release I liked....Trouble are supposedly working on a new release called The Dark Riff.....

White Lion (with Bratta)

You didn't like Trouble - Manic Frustration?? By far my fav Trouble release and as for Carcass...Swansong was the only release I liked....Trouble are supposedly working on a new release called The Dark Riff.....

Manic Frustration was okay, but nowhere near as good as the self-titled for me. 'Heartwork' is one of the best albums ever imo, but I thought Swansong was terrible! :D

White Lion (with Bratta)

Manic Frustration was okay, but nowhere near as good as the self-titled for me. 'Heartwork' is one of the best albums ever imo, but I thought Swansong was terrible! :D

'Swansong' polarises opinion among Carcass' fans ... although I've recently read a couple of things where it's been 're-evaluated' by the critics ... apparently, it's not the dog's dinner we all thought it was :) I'm guessing that these are the same critics who are now describing Celtic Frost's 'Cold Lake' as a 'brave departure', instead of 'utter bollocks' ...Aren't Trouble now fronted by Kory Clarke?

• 1 month later...

I know Angel and Starz still tour but some new releases would be great...

Wow, a Starz and Angel fan!

I agree, new releases from these bands COULD be tremendous, if done right. Combine their old '70s sound with modern recording techniques -- I'd love to hear that.

:guitar:

I really miss SAVATAGE, especially the Savatage with Zak Stevens on vocals.

Once a year I'll pull out all my Savatage discs and just go nuts for a few days. To this day the greatest and most listened to CD-R I ever made was a compilation of Savatage tunes. I've had to reburn it a few times over the years. Most of them with Zak Stevens on vox and all being the over the top orchestrated tracks or power ballad types.

Here are the tracks and the order in which they are listed.

Welcome (TWOM)

This Is The Time (Dead Winter Dead)

Chance (Handful Of Rain)

Gutter Ballet (Gutter Ballet)

This Isn't What We Meant (Dead Winter Dead)

Hourglass (TWOM)

All That I Bleed (Edge Of Thorns)

One Child (Dead Winter Dead)

Alone You Breath (Handful Of Rain)

Follow Me (Edge Of Thorns)

Not What You See (Dead Winter Dead)

Anymore (TWOM)

Somewhere In Time/Believe (Streets)

I can honestly say all these songs are perfect 10/10 tracks to me, for me it's the perfect mix.

If a CD-R could only be 90 minutes and not 80. I add the title tracks Edge Of Thorns and The Wake Of Megallan.

So any bands that you miss that haven't done anything in years or simply don't exist anymore?

I prefer the Zak Stevens stuff too, but I couldn't burn a Savatage CD without "Handful of Rain", their best tune IMO.

Ok let's see.. Bands I miss...

Savatage

Kiss[Ace, Paul, Gene, and Peter]

Dangerous Toys

The Ramones

Skid Row[With Sebastian Bach]

KIX[Though I heard they were working on a new album...]

Metallica {Pre-1992]

Cinderella{Been WAY too long since their last album...]

Crimson Glory[sTILL waiting for their new album, been over 12 years now...]

Guns and Roses [pre-1990 or 1991]

Queensryche[Pre-1990]

Dokken[With Don, Jeff, Mick and George]

Ratt[With Stephen, Robin, Juan, Warren and Bobby...]

The Misfits[With Glenn Danzig]

Trouble[with Eric Wagner]

• My Little Pony

Ok let's see.. Bands I miss...

KIX[Though I heard they were working on a new album...]

And according to Dave it's pretty good. I can't wait.

Agree, but would they release anything even nearly as good as the first 2 albums? I doubt it. th_shrug-1.gif

Agree, but would they release anything even nearly as good as the first 2 albums? I doubt it. th_shrug-1.gif

Yea I doubt it too.. But Todd LaTorre has a HELL of a voice, so.. Maybe???? :unsure: Astronomica was pretty good, but not as good as their first two....

If nothing else, you gotta give Ratt a pass for not having Robbin in the lineup any longer cuz he's rather busy being dead.

After hearing the stuff they've been crapping out with Jerry Only on vox, I'd settle for the Misfits with Michale Graves.

If nothing else, you gotta give Ratt a pass for not having Robbin in the lineup any longer cuz he's rather busy being dead.

After hearing the stuff they've been crapping out with Jerry Only on vox, I'd settle for the Misfits with Michale Graves.

Oh I agree on both counts Man.. Just saying I do miss the original line up of Ratt and the Misfits.. I know Robbin is kinda busy being dead and all....

Oh I agree on both counts Man.. Just saying I do miss the original line up of Ratt and the Misfits.. I know Robbin is kinda busy being dead and all....

Well the 4 remaining Ratters have been playing together