think I'm about to lose one of my dogs

66 mustang

Dusty, I'm afraid is on his last day. his weight and dropped quick over the last few weeks and his balance is going away. he doesn't want to eat anymore unless we hand feed him something besides dog food. belogna, cheese, roast beef, eggs. We rescued him from a shelter some 10 years ago and they didn't know how old he was at the time, between 2-4 they had to guess. He was a mess. looks like a Poodle - cocker spaniel mix he was nothing but a matt of hair. it has been a sad couple days.

Sorry to hear that, I know it's hard to go through.

A very tough time. It is amazing how attached to an animal we can become.

Best of luck with everything.

Sorry to hear that man. It's tough to watch a pet you love go downhill litke that. We lost our little buddy Taco last year. He was a chihuahua/dachshund mix that was around 14 yrs old, and with that long torso his back started to give out. It got to the point where we had to carry him up and down the stairs and when he was outside he would just fall over. He was in so much pain that even when we tried to help him up he would yip and growl and nip at us because he had no clue why he was hurting so much. It was very tough putting him to sleep (my wife had to take him in, I couldn't even stand to be there) but he is in a better place now.

Fuck man this really sux, Im sorry man, I know all to well how it feels, sometimes in the moment I always stop and ask myself if it's even worth having a dog, knowing that sooner or later this scenario will play out, and I have convinced myself time and again, it is not, and I will never own another dog, and somehow I end up loving another one of those little fuckers, im sorry man, hope you are ok.

thanks everyone.

It happened last night at 11:30. I took him to bed with me. That was his "happy" place. he was a shelter dog. vet said he was anywhere from 1-4. He was a matt of hair when we got him. He was probably owned by someone that didn't treat him very good because he was always scared of loud noises and would just start to shake but he always has the best disposition. NEVER did he growel or snap at anyone no matter what was being done to him. never once offered to even look cross at my baby girl when she was born till today when she is the age of 8. He never really was a playfull dog. it was hard to get him to play anytime with people or other dogs. he always seemed disinterested 90% of the time then every now and again he had 2 toys that he would pick up and play fetch with. But you could always get him a bit rilled up on the bed plalying, as long as you didn't try to rough-house him or try to roll him over. The sweetest thing is that no matter what , weather it be getting a bath or getting is hair cut you could jingle his collar and he would come running. It was like he knew what it was like not to have a collar and that with his collar he had a home and a family.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

My heart goes out to you, hope you'll be ok, if you need to chat you can drop me an IM, ok bro!

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Wow...very powerful. I love this...