Will the real GREAT WHITE please stand up?

Fat Freddy

Its come on my iPod a few times when

Shuffling and I really likes the particular track.

Some good fun songs on there.

But yes. Why not call themselves another name.

I guess it is the same thing as with many other bands. Brand Name and Touring. with the name Great White you are sure to pull in many more fans than if you use the name Blue Ocean Predator or something. only the biggest and most loyal fans would know who the band is.

• My Little Pony

I guess it is the same thing as with many other bands. Brand Name and Touring. with the name Great White you are sure to pull in many more fans than if you use the name Blue Ocean Predator or something. only the biggest and most loyal fans would know who the band is.

Wait... Who is this "Blue Ocean Predator?" Are they currently on tour? What do they sound like?

I just remember the way Hooked blew me away (despite a lame review from Kerrang).

Saw Great White many times and the last few times they were stuck in second gear. No fast paced stuff which I know they can do and do well!

I loved Hooked as well. Lovin' Kind is maybe the best ballad they ever did, and I'm not even a ballad guy. Have to say though all the albums before this one were their best stuff, especially the early stuff from the On Your Knees EP. As for their post Hooked LP's I think my favorite was Can't Get There From Here. Great, underrated album.

I still remember when I first heard Congo Square. It was played twice on The Friday Rock Show. The two guitar breaks are incredible.

I absolutely love Congo Square.

I'm just saddened and disappointed that this has happened to the band.

I agree, it's a shame!

Wait... Who is this "Blue Ocean Predator?" Are they currently on tour? What do they sound like?

I hear they sound kind of like Great White and XYZ. Sounds cool. I'll have to check 'em out.

Seriously, guys. You're not Van Halen or AC/DC (who had good reason for new lead singer). You can't go 30+ years with pretty much the same lineup, get a new singer and keep the name. You're not Aerosmith either, but try to imagine them with a new lead singer. It might work if you're just tooling around in small clubs like you have been, but not for an official release. Great White at the very least has to have Kendall and Russell together.

I'll call 'em XGW.

First impression on the new album is a good one but quite medicore if compared to their earlier effort and Terry sounds too bland and flat here, unlike his glorious days in XYZ, but of course he's here to fit Jack's style so that probably explains the style.

A bit laid back, i spotted a lot of slow to midtempo tracks, with only a few standouts. '(I've Got) Something For You' is a nice start, 'Heart of A Man' is wonderful, 'Hard To Say Goodbye' is a beautiful acoustical ballad thing, 'Shotgun Willie's' is splendid too and the last piano tune, 'Love Is Enough' is awesome. But those great tracks are probably 85/100 at best, and sadly there are also many 60%-65% kind of tracks such as 'Love Train', 'Resolution', 'Promise Land', and 'Lowdown'.

So probably 70% to 75% for 'Elation'

• 1 month later...
Why not call themselves another name.

If anyone from the band is reading this... if you lose the rights to the "real" G.W. name, you have my permission to use any of these...

"Great Off-White"

"Great Non-White"

"Still Great, Not So White"

"Not-So-Great White"

"Great Unwhite"

"The Artists Formerly Known as Great White"

"The Great White of the 21st Century"

"The Great White Experience Featuring the Vocal Stylin's of Terry Ilous"

If anyone from the band is reading this... if you lose the rights to the "real" G.W. name, you have my permission to use any of these...

"Great Off-White"

"Great Non-White"

"Not-So-Great White"

"Great Unwhite"

Nice!

I rated this a 63% which I guess isn't that bad, and it's much higher than I thought I'd rate it after one spin. But the only song I really like on it was 'Just For Tonight,' which is a really nice melodic tune.

For the record, here's my brief summary:

1 - (I've Got) Something For You - so average and a bland way to start a CD - 6.00

2 - Feelin' So Much Better - good basic rock tune - 7.00

3 - Love Train - awful song - 4.00

4 - Heart Of A Man - solid tune - 7.00

5 - Hard To Say Goodbye - painfully boring song but not despicable - 6.00

6 - Resolution - okay tune but too unremarkable - 5.00

7 - Shotgun Willie's - nice rock tune - 7.00

8 - Promise Land - average song with few redeeming features - 6.00

9 - Lowdown - cool rocker - about as uptempo as this gets - 7.50

10 - Just For Tonight - nice melodic midtempo number - 8.00

11 - Love Is Enough - pretty poor hard rock - annoying - 6.00

12 - Complicated - pretty weak ballad - 6.00

- - TOTAL SCORE (%) - 63%

I think the disc sucks. A one and done listen for me. :puke:

Same here. Can't imagine I'll ever purposely play this disc again.

I think the disc sucks. A one and done listen for me. :puke:

Same here. Can't imagine I'll ever purposely play this disc again.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is better or worse than the last GW with Jack Russell "Rising" which was HORRIBLE. Another band that should just go away.

• 2 weeks later...

"Great Off-White"

"Great Non-White"

"Not-So-Great White"

"Great Unwhite"

LMFAO!!! That's good stuff right there.