Cinderella

edwithmj

I really like Heartbreak Station and Still Climbing as well.

As long as it is quality and not something put out just to make money and below average tunes...then I sure hope the do.

Why don't they release anything? Because every time they go out on tour, Keifer blows his voice out, which necessitates a lengthy rehab/recovery period. Then when he feels better, they go "OK, we're going back out on the road to get back in playing shape," and boom, he blows his voice out again. It's an endless vicious circle.

I think its more to do with the Portrait debacle leaving them less than interested in recording another album.

On top of that, all the members have outside projects with the exception of Keifer who has been promising a solo album for years, but as said above his voice has always put a stop to that every time it blows.

If they can't/won't do another studio release, at least they could throw us a bone and put out a vaults/rarities thing ... Lord knows they have a bunch of demos/unreleased stuff in the can from past sessions that's been making the bootleg rounds for years. Polish up some of that sh*t with some studio magic and boom, fans have some new stuff to listen to, and it's something besides another frickin' live album, that way everybody's happy.

If they can't/won't do another studio release, at least they could throw us a bone and put out a vaults/rarities thing ... Lord knows they have a bunch of demos/unreleased stuff in the can from past sessions that's been making the bootleg rounds for years. Polish up some of that sh*t with some studio magic and boom, fans have some new stuff to listen to, and it's something besides another frickin' live album, that way everybody's happy.

Omg dude...I bet I have 75 demos from them and thats just from the Night Songs era. They could easily do a box set with some killer stuff!

Omg dude...I bet I have 75 demos from them and thats just from the Night Songs era. They could easily do a box set with some killer stuff!

Hell yeah, s'what I'm sayin'!

right on!!

I was never disappointed with any of the 4 releases. Loved them all!

• My Little Pony

I was never disappointed with any of the 4 releases. Loved them all!

Same here, but I'd still love more, as long as the quality isn't sacrificed.

I've been hoping for years they'd do another one and I'm not sure what happened with Kalodner and Portrait and why none of those tunes have seen the light of day. I read a interview recently with Keifer claiming the solo album that's been like 10 years in the making will be out late this year but I think I've heard that before. He's a perfectionist to say the least but it's starting to turn into Chinese Democracy. The band needs to just sign with Frontiers and make new music. Tom is such a great songwriter there is no doubt in my mind that could make a solid follow up to Still Climbing.

According to what I have read, they cant sign with any labels to release a new studio album because of the legal problems with Sony.

Until the case is settled, they cannot record as a band.

Sony are basically being cunts though as they have no intention of releasing the album they recorded while signed to Portrait, but point blank refuse to let the band have the songs back.

Its a perfect example of why so many bands end up re-recording their classic albums to make some money off their back catalogue which they would otherwise get no revenue from, while the old record label continues to.

Sadly, in Cinderella's case, they cant even do that as they cannot record anything.

According to what I have read, they cant sign with any labels to release a new studio album because of the legal problems with Sony.

Sony are basically being cunts though as they have no intention of releasing the album they recorded while signed to Portrait, but point blank refuse to let the band have the songs back.

Its a perfect example of why so many bands end up re-recording their classic albums to make some money off their back catalogue which they would otherwise get no revenue from, while the old record label continues to.

Sadly, in Cinderella's case, they cant even do that as they cannot record anything.

I get the contractual aspect and the "Cinderella" brand, but why not release/record something ala Wayne-Metal Church. You know pick a new band name like, I don't know, The Keifer Quartet and call the album Cinderella or Cinderella Songs or???

Just a thought.

As I said in a previous post, I think they are too busy doing outside projects and really have lost interest in recording as a unit due to the legal shit.

I get the feeling that while they are happy to tour, they really dont see Cinderella as a recording unit anymore.

They should reunite as Fuck Sony and release an album called "They're Cunts!"

Agreed!!

I've heard of similar cases (e.g. I read that there is an album of Death material somewhere that Churck Schuldiner's family want to release but can't) and this is feckin' ridiculous. It serves no one.

Has anyone heard any of the songs (e.g. live or demo versions)? Do we know what they are like?

All their albums are good, but for me 'Long Cold Winter' is an absolute classic, one of my all-time favourite albums. Be great to see them recapturing some of that form.