Any Superbowl Plans for Sunday?

Evil Rick

This year we are having a superbowl party. I went out and bought about $50 worth of food and also won a huge 8 layer dip from a local mexican restaurant so we will have that as well. And of course we can't forget about the ice cold Coors Light that will be flowing like water! I will also be wearing my "My two favorite teams are the Vikings and whoever plays the packers" shirt! :beerbang:

So what are you doing this Sunday? Staying home? Going out? Maybe not even going to bother watching?

Maybe not even going to bother watching?

(Raises hand) That would be me. I'm not a football guy. Never have been. So it's just another day for me.

On Super Bowl Sunday I feel like Kyle on "South Park" when he sang the song about being a "lonely Jew on Christmas."

It sucks that they don't have the superbowl on Saturday so that I have a day to recover.... :lol:

Agreed. That would be awesome! Instead everyone shows up to work on Monday looking like zombies.

I had plans, but then it started snowing. I've been stuck in the house since Tuesday.

I will partying around noon, then friends are coming over for pre-game and game. We discussed grilling burgers but the superstitious of us have decided to keep food, etc. pretty much the same as it has been for the past 3-4 weeks.

I have Monday - Wednesday off next week. If a Packer loss, I will have Monday off to recover, drown my sorrows, etc. then probably back to work on Tuesday.

With a Packer victory, I will buy my tickets to the party at Lambeau Field on Monday morning at 9a. Then off to Green Bay Monday night, stay overnight, then attend the Tuesday afternoon parade and party in the stadium. Wednesday is for recovery.

I have my fingers crossed I will be in Green Bay on Tuesday and not at work.

I had plans, but then it started snowing. I've been stuck in the house since Tuesday.

Now that you mention it, they're predicting lotsa snow 'n' ice 'n' slush for my area starting late tonight and continuing all day tomorrow, so I may be spending Super Bowl Sunday shoveling out. :cussing:

It sucks that they don't have the superbowl on Saturday so that I have a day to recover.... :lol:

Agreed. That would be awesome! Instead everyone shows up to work on Monday looking like zombies.

Steinhope the comedian says who's time better to recover on yours or your bosses...

We will keep it small, the wife and kids, some snacks and I'm sure a lot of yelling at the TV. :)

I will also be cherry picking from Jeff's trade list so he can get my cd's in the mail right away on Monday morning...

All sounds great, it's a shame we don't do that kind of thing over here. Friends, beer, food and sport - it doesn't get much better than that.

The only game that would fit the bill here in Blighty is the FA Cup Final, but the downside is that it is an afternoon start, not evening, and there hasn't been an FA Cup Final I've wanted to watch for about 10 years.

Watching the game is just another reason for the family to get together and cook and eat great food. We are going to have BBQ (I cooked the pig yesterday) and wings. There will be about 25 or so there. The weather is going to cooperate also since it supposed to stop raining and be about 60 degrees. I hope everyone has a safe time!!!

Sandy

Just reading about what kind of food will be consumed on Sunday:

Nearly 60% of take out food ordered on Super Bowl Sunday is pizza.

But pizza isn't the only popular item.

A whopping 14,500 tons of chips will be consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.

Avocadoes will turn into guacamole - 8 million pounds of the green dip to be exact.

And a party isn't complete without wings - 90 million chicken wings will be eaten nationwide.

All those snacks leads to the consumption of about 1,200 calories on average.

It can take people a day to recuperate from the super bowl, 6% will call in sick to work on Monday.

While 54% percent of Americans will grab a cup of coffee.

Avocadoes will turn into guacamole - 8 million pounds of the green dip to be exact.

And a party isn't complete without wings - 90 million chicken wings will be eaten nationwide.

It can take people a day to recuperate from the super bowl, 6% will call in sick to work on Monday.

Great stats there Rick but there's no mention of how many households have BeerBarrows. :headbanger:

Great stats there Rick but there's no mention of how many households have BeerBarrows. :headbanger:

I wonder how much toilet paper gets used? Do you ever ask the grocery store clerk "Say, do you think I have enough toilet paper for the amount of groceries I bought?"? You'll get the strangest looks.

I wonder how much toilet paper gets used? Do you ever ask the grocery store clerk "Say, do you think I have enough toilet paper for the amount of groceries I bought?"? You'll get the strangest looks.

:lol:

For some reason, they never quote that one in the stats for these big sporting events. They should.

I'll be spending my afternoon at the MCI center at the Washington Capitals game. The Caps are playing that other lame team from Pitt... The Pens.

Even better... with the Steelers playing it should keep those trashy Pens fans at home. :beerbang:

Off to the pub where meeting some mates I haven't seen to really chill with for about 8 years...then off to watch the game with them at Doc's (buddy) house! Beer is waiting and my Steelers shirt is ready...bring it on!

:lol:

For some reason, they never quote that one in the stats for these big sporting events. They should.

Oh crap, forgot to stock up on teepee! :butt::rofl2:

I'll be spending my afternoon at the MCI center at the Washington Capitals game. The Caps are playing that other lame team from Pitt... The Pens.

Even better... with the Steelers playing it should keep those trashy Pens fans at home. :beerbang:

Honestly I'd much rather be at an NHL game than watching the super bowl any day...only exception might be if the Vikes were playing.

Probabaly not I flip it back and fourth in between 90210 because that game is just going to suck ass I absolutely HATE both those teams. Fucking hippie linebackers for GB it's football not a rock band you fucking homo's.

How rude.

Say that to his face:

matthewspredator.jpg

I do like the comment I've seen in some blogs though... "You are one UGLY....Green Bay Packer."

I got my Papa Murphy's pizza so all was good. I was beginning to think I wouldn't even get that. We hadn't been able to get out since the snow storm on Tuesday. The game itself was a bit annoying to me. When Green Bay jumped out 21-3 I thought it was over. I couldn't have been happier. The injuries started to mount and they nearly gave it away. If it wasn't for Clay Mathews creating that fumble it's likely they couldn't have stopped Pittsburg's comeback. That was the play that saved Green Bay. At the end when Green Bay had to settle for a field goal I thought they had lost the game. Two minutes is more than enough time for Big Ben. Green Bay dug deep and shut them down. Even if Pittsburg didn't score on the final drive I thought they would have at least been able to drive deep into Green Bay's territory.

I got my Papa Murphy's pizza so all was good. I was beginning to think I wouldn't even get that. We hadn't been able to get out since the snow storm on Tuesday.

Papa Murphy's pizza is fantastic! The pizza is always loaded with toppings. Plus you bake it yourself so it's not cold by the time you get home with it. Good stuff! :tumbsup: