A monumentous event!

I was also thinking Goodbye Thrill or Mark Ferraria's solo cd.

Nope, and nope. ;)

It is clearly the new Kissin' Dynamite CD, 'Addicted to metal'. Obviously not a popular choice with most punters (including Colonel Myself), but I bet that's it.

Ah, I can finally sleep comfortably tonight, knowing I cracked the mystery.

well i havent heard it yet, but if the new Kissin Dynamite is better than Treat I'll eat my own testicles.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also thinking Goodbye Thrill or Mark Ferraria's solo cd.

Nope, and nope. ;)

It is clearly the new Kissin' Dynamite CD, 'Addicted to metal'. Obviously not a popular choice with most punters (including Colonel Myself), but I bet that's it.

Ah, I can finally sleep comfortably tonight, knowing I cracked the mystery.

well i havent heard it yet, but if the new Kissin Dynamite is better than Treat I'll eat my own testicles.

And that is something I would NOT pay to see.

I had forgot about the KD disc and I do remember Dan liking them.

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking back on whats been said already I reckon its one of these three -

FM

Ratt

Auras

Although having just listened to the First Signal, Terry Brock and Stan Bush samples all three sound excellent!

Cheers

FM

Ratt

Auras

Although having just listened to the First Signal, Terry Brock and Stan Bush samples all three sound excellent!

Cheers

Ahh grasshopper, if you notice, I never said it was mentioned in THIS thread... or whether or not it was a thread that I personally participated in. Keep huntin'. :lol:

When I do reveal it, I will post a couple of high-rez full tracks to justify my opinion.

FM

Ratt

Auras

Cheers

Tsk tsk. Do you really know that little of our master's tastes that you'd honestly suggest FM or Auras? Pure craziness. If it is an AOR album like either of those two - Dan, you can hold me to this - I will eat my nuts for the next donation drive.

I've narrowed it down to two choices:

1. Kissin' Dynamite

2. Scorpions

If it's not one of those two I will be shocked.

FM

Ratt

Auras

Cheers

Tsk tsk. Do you really know that little of our master's tastes that you'd honestly suggest FM or Auras? Pure craziness. If it is an AOR album like either of those two - Dan, you can hold me to this - I will eat my nuts for the next donation drive.

1. Kissin' Dynamite

2. Scorpions

if it is one of those I will be shocked.

I mean, come on.....Scorpions better than Treat. Do me a favour.

FM

Ratt

Auras

Cheers

1. Kissin' Dynamite

2. Scorpions

Same is true of all the others mentioned though mate. Masterplan, FM, Reckless Love, Pretty Maids, Grand Illusion - some good discs in there but... better than TREAT? Don't think so.

FM

Ratt

Auras

Cheers

1. Kissin' Dynamite

2. Scorpions

Same is true of all the others mentioned though mate. Masterplan, FM, Reckless Love, Pretty Maids, Grand Illusion - some good discs in there but... better than TREAT? Don't think so.

Oh yeah, please don't get me wrong. If it is any of those albums listed in these posts there is no doubt that Dan is a freak, and he's wrong (:wub:), and no one will disagree more strongly than I... but they're just my guesses.

Personally, for me, the only album that seriously comes close to Treat in terms of quality of song, consistency and pure excellence is the Crazy Lixx CD. So technically, if it's not Crazy Lixx then I would be shocked. :)

ha, you'll probably think im a freak too then i eventually post my 'best of' list. I have Treat in about 4th or 5th place so far and there's some great titles still due in 2010.

ha, you'll probably think im a freak too then i eventually post my 'best of' list. I have Treat in about 4th or 5th place so far and there's some great titles still due in 2010.

If the three in front are Crazy Lixx, HEAT and Crashdiet you're not a freak as they are all worthy contestants. But if it's anything other than those three then yeah, you're a freak. ;)

Wonder if it could be this one? Not really my cup of tea, very lite AOR, but seems highly regarded all round:

could this be it?

The new Moritz is a great album but loses a lot of points on its poor production/sound quality. Some great songs though.

Wonder if it could be this one? Not really my cup of tea, very lite AOR, but seems highly regarded all round:

could this be it?

The new Moritz is a great album but loses a lot of points on its poor production/sound quality. Some great songs though.

Backed on that mate. I really am enjoying the Moritz disc, but it won't be at the top come years end for those very same reasons. Production isn't bad, but put it up against the big boys this year and the difference is there for all to hear. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Hey, I was gone doing the whole 'prodigal son' gig, so who was it? Not that I'll agree, I'm just bloody curious. Like a cat.

It was Taking Dawn. Who I will be seeing next February. Can I get a hell yes? Yes. Thanks.

Will that be before or after you eat your testicles?? ;-)

2010's been awesome or wot.

• My Little Pony

Okay, I just heard some tracks from them, and there's no way in hell that trumps Coup de Grace! I'm starting to question the integrity of our 'fearless' leader. Please, someone explain this to me.

Okay, I just heard some tracks from them, and there's no way in hell that trumps Coup de Grace! I'm starting to question the integrity of our 'fearless' leader. Please, someone explain this to me.

Listen to the album in its entirety a few times. It will grow on you.

Coup de Grace is still up there though...

-Dan

• My Little Pony

Listen to the album in its entirety a few times. It will grow on you.

Coup de Grace is still up there though...

-Dan

Maybe, but Coup de Grace kicked my ass the moment I first heard it. And it still grows on me. I'm still finding something new I love--something I hadn't heard before. It's also a 'gateway drug', so-to-speak. I volunteer a youth drop-in centre, and I'm always expected to DJ each night. I throw on various rock artists--mixing in the music we love with the music this lost generation appreciates--and Coup de Grace is the one album that I'll find these kids singing along to. Also various Poodles tracks. To me, that speaks volumes, and it gives me hope.

It was Taking Dawn. Who I will be seeing next February. Can I get a hell yes? Yes. Thanks.

Will that be before or after you eat your testicles?? ;-)

2010's been awesome or wot.

:lol: Yeah, I sure f*cked that one up, hey. ;) I'm not even sure it's in my top 20 anymore. As you say, no disrespect to the album, it's just been a ridiculously excellent year for music.