Def Leppard wishes they sound this good any more

My favorite song off of an outstanding album! I've already played this for a few old school rockers that gave up on this kind of music long ago and they loved it. It warms the cockles of my heart to hear new bands putting out great songs like this again. :party421:

Haha. I'm all like, WTF?! Did I miss a bonus track on my copy? But then I looked at the track list and remembered 'My Medicine'. Oh Dan, how you lead us astray... ;)

Is this disc like the CRASHDIET one? People said that one sounded like DEF LEPPARD too, which it doesn't. Is this one more Commercial?

Is this disc like the CRASHDIET one? People said that one sounded like DEF LEPPARD too, which it doesn't. Is this one more Commercial?

Who the fuck said Crashdiet sounds like Def Leppard lol! I absolutely love the new Crashdiet album with its killer production, big massive riffs - a real rollercoaster of a rock album.

But I still prefer Crazy Lixx and I think you would dig this more as well.

The song featured in this thread is very Def Leppard sounding, but that's about it for the album. The rest is just very cool melodic hard rock...think a slightly more melodic Skid Row and you wont be too far off. Not really sleaze at all IMO.

In particular I think you would love 'Blame It On Love' (almost AOR in style) and the excellent ballad 'What Of Our Love'.

Excellent album.

Cheers

Yeah, like Glen says, you'll prefer Crazy Lixx by miles, Tim. It is more commercial/melodic than Crashdiet. But still heavy enough. I think I prefer Crazy Lixx, but not by much at all. Both albums are superb, imo.

Guest MetalPete67

Wish I could stop bashing Def Lep but...

Methinks they need to go and listen to the entire "High n Dry" disc 100 times whilst drinking six cases of Yuengling before recording any more music.

The very last song they should listen to - 'Wasted', from the VERY early days.

Guest Dangerous Toy

That is a monster song to say the least. Kind of like a hybrid of Def Leppard and Damn Yankees as mentioned before with a little splash of Poison for good measure.

Its not a bad song, though nothing special.

I have certainly heard better Leppard sounding songs.

Give me Def Leppard any day of the week (well, all except X that is).

Take Def Leppard any day over this.

It's good but nothing more, the other songs I heard sound like a poor mans Skid Row S/t.

I do like a few songs from the latest releases by Treat, CrashDiet and Reckless love but I think the scene is over hyping stuff and giving out far far overgenerous scores.

It is a great song and the new Crashdiet is a superb disc, but put any prime Lepp track on and....well, you get my point. Nothing else to see here. ;)