Pretty Maids

Glen

I've played this one 3 or 4 times over the last few days and damn this cd is so f@#king awesome. Definately a contender for album of the year so far and for me at least not one song that I consider filler. I loved their last disc from 2006 but this one is even better and is the best thing they've done since 'Spooked' IMO.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played this one 3 or 4 times over the last few days and damn this cd is so f@#king awesome. Definately a contender for album of the year so far and for me at least not one song that I consider filler. I loved their last disc from 2006 but this one is even better and is the best thing they've done since 'Spooked' IMO.

Agreed. I can play INVU over and over, but the cd is great all the way through!

We agree on something. :party421:

What can I say buddy, you are much smarter now that I'm back ;)

What can I say buddy, you are much smarter now that I'm back ;)

:lol:

Yep I agree mate, a fantastic album from start to finish with no filler.

• 2 weeks later...

I very nearly missed out big time last year by not getting Danger Dangers 'Revolve', which ended up being one of my top albums, and I seriously wasn't going to bother with this one either to be honest.I decided to takek a punt and I am bloody glad I did, as this is superb stuff from start to finish. To say how surprised I am is an understatement. Cracking stuff.

I very nearly missed out big time last year by not getting Danger Dangers 'Revolve', which ended up being one of my top albums, and I seriously wasn't going to bother with this one either to be honest.I decided to takek a punt and I am bloody glad I did, as this is superb stuff from start to finish. To say how surprised I am is an understatement. Cracking stuff.

Backed mate, right up there with Spooked and Jump The Gun as their best albums.

And don't forget SCREAM.

And don't forget SCREAM.

And their ACTUAL best album, Sin Decade! :)

And don't forget SCREAM.

No I don't think so. Yes Sin Decade is good but nowhere near as good as Scream or Spooked IMO.

And don't forget SCREAM.

No I don't think so. Yes Sin Decade is good but nowhere near as good as Scream or Spooked IMO.

Youre not thinking clearly my friend, I see :)

And don't forget SCREAM.

I am thinking clearly. I like SD a lot but I love Scream. :headbanger:

And don't forget SCREAM.

I am thinking clearly. I like SD a lot but I love Scream. :headbanger:

Scream is excellent, easily my second fave but I remember when I first got SD. I bet I played it for 6 months straight.

• 3 months later...

So, the bonus track... the remix of 'It comes at night'... has anyone enveloped themself in this track? Holy shit, imo it kills the album version. The more "straight-forward" drums and the extra running time they give to that stunning riff - wowser, just takes the song to a whole new level. I only just recently let the album play out to hear it, but I'm in love with that remix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Cranking the new album today....initial impression is great stuff!

For me, the first 6 songs are all instantly pretty awesome.  Then for my tastes it dips a little with If you Want Peace and Slavedriver.  Not terrible tunes but both pretty heavy, driving tunes and not really catchy songs with a chorus that grabs you.  These are the kinds of Pretty Maids tunes that often just don't seem to do too much for me....Kinda like Sickening and Civilized Monsters on the last album.   I think I like these tunes better than the two I mentioned though.

It bounces back with Shadowlands though and finishes strong.

Need more listens to really digest but overall sounding excellent to me and is every bit as good as I was hoping it would be :headbanger: 

Edited by tts42572

Received mine today also and a few spins in and its Brilliant to my ears,not as good as the aforementioned albums but it just goes to show how good they were because this is a great addition.

Early fav of mine is Black Thunder...and a wee soft spot for Will You Still Kiss Me(If I see You In Heaven)   :)

Edited by lettard

3 hours ago, lettard said:

Received mine today also and a few spins in and its Brilliant to my ears,not as good as the aforementioned albums but it just goes to show how good they were because this is a great addition.

Early fav of mine is Black Thunder...and a wee soft spot for Will You Still Kiss Me(If I see You In Heaven)   :)

For me I'd say Will You Still Kiss Me is one of the best power ballads I've heard in awhile....awesome tune.  

Fantastic album!

13 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Cranking the new album today....initial impression is great stuff!

For me, the first 6 songs are all instantly pretty awesome.  Then for my tastes it dips a little with If you Want Peace and Slavedriver.  Not terrible tunes but both pretty heavy, driving tunes and not really catchy songs with a chorus that grabs you.  These are the kinds of Pretty Maids tunes that often just don't seem to do too much for me....Kinda like Sickening and Civilized Monsters on the last album.   I think I like these tunes better than the two I mentioned though.

It bounces back with Shadowlands though and finishes strong.

Need more listens to really digest but overall sounding excellent to me and is every bit as good as I was hoping it would be :headbanger: 

Both great tracks, killer lp overall after the last mediocre one. It took me 2 listens to order it (and yet I didn't hear the new WoA, I thought, let's listen first to PM, probably not a great one, blah blah, blah, but here I'am blasting my  Jamo speakers to Pappy Atkins' sounds and his mighty gang! (I only loathe the meaningless intro)

Edited by kourosofsteel3