Pretty Maids

Glen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spinning this now and and so far it's damn good IMO.

This might be as good as the last one which for me is saying something since I loved that one.

This could be their best since "Spooked" but I'll need a few more spins to know for sure.

Now look, enough is enough, this is getting ridiculous. I’m trying to cut down on buying CDs and bands keep releasing gems. In the last few weeks, I have been powerless to resist the charms of new CDs from Ratt, Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, Barren Earth, Insomnium (couple of death metal bands chucked in there) and now this one sounds indispensable too. I need the Rakel Traxx CD if Demon Doll get round to releasing it and I may have to get the recent Praying Mantis CD. Plus the Treat album sounds really good. (Treat! Treat, ffs – I don’t even like them!)

I really hope the second half of 2010 is full of dross. Otherwise I’m going to have to send the kids out to work. ;)

Now look, enough is enough, this is getting ridiculous. Im trying to cut down on buying CDs and bands keep releasing gems. In the last few weeks, I have been powerless to resist the charms of new CDs from Ratt, Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, Barren Earth, Insomnium (couple of death metal bands chucked in there) and now this one sounds indispensable too. I need the Rakel Traxx CD if Demon Doll get round to releasing it and I may have to get the recent Praying Mantis CD. Plus the Treat album sounds really good. (Treat! Treat, ffs I dont even like them!)

I really hope the second half of 2010 is full of dross. Otherwise Im going to have to send the kids out to work. ;)

I hear you this year has been crazy with great new discs.

Crashdiet, Ratt, Pretty Maids, Crazy Lixx, Treat, Taking Dawn, Scorpions, Keel, Wig Wam, Armored Saint(not great but still good), Raven plus so many others like Y&T, Bombay Black, FarCry, Tango Down(possibly with David Reece), Talon and many great reissues this year as well.

Now look, enough is enough, this is getting ridiculous. I’m trying to cut down on buying CDs and bands keep releasing gems. In the last few weeks, I have been powerless to resist the charms of new CDs from Ratt, Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, Barren Earth, Insomnium (couple of death metal bands chucked in there) and now this one sounds indispensable too. I need the Rakel Traxx CD if Demon Doll get round to releasing it and I may have to get the recent Praying Mantis CD. Plus the Treat album sounds really good. (Treat! Treat, ffs – I don’t even like them!)

I really hope the second half of 2010 is full of dross. Otherwise I’m going to have to send the kids out to work. ;)

I hear you this year has been crazy with great new discs.

Crashdiet, Ratt, Pretty Maids, Crazy Lixx, Treat, Taking Dawn, Scorpions, Keel, Wig Wam, Armored Saint(not great but still good), Raven plus so many others like Y&T, Bombay Black, FarCry, Tango Down(possibly with David Reece), Talon and many great reissues this year as well.

And H.E.A.T.! I forgot about H.E.A.T.!

:crying:

This new Pretty Maids CD is amazing, I dare say this is the best album the's bands released! :beerbang:

Mmm, that's going a bit far..its not as Good as 'Jump The Gun' or 'Spooked', but it is right up there.

This new Pretty Maids CD is amazing, I dare say this is the best album the's bands released! :beerbang:

Mmm, that's going a bit far..its not as Good as 'Jump The Gun' or 'Spooked', but it is right up there.

I listened to it twice now. It's a great album and it is their best since spooked IMO. for me the best tracks are the faster and harder stuff like the title track, One world one truth, Cielo drive and It comes at night.

But glen do you really think that Jump the gun and Spooked is better than the all time classics Red, hot and Heavy and Future world which IMO slaughters Jump and Spooked. :party421:

I listened to it twice now. It's a great album and it is their best since spooked IMO. for me the best tracks are the faster and harder stuff like the title track, One world one truth, Cielo drive and It comes at night.

But glen do you really think that Jump the gun and Spooked is better than the all time classics Red, hot and Heavy and Future world which IMO slaughters Jump and Spooked. :party421:

"Scream" is my fav with "Spooked" second then "Future World" and "Jump the Gun".

yeah those are great albums Glen, infact I can only think of 1 pretty maids album thats disssapointed me & I cant recall the title of it but it's one thier recent one where they really overboard on the power metal / heaviness factor. I still stand by my comments, the latest Pretty Maids is the best ever :):beerbang:

My favorite Maids song of all time was Die With Your Dreams, it has now been replaced, INVU is untouchably the bands greatest single song in exsistince, I cant think of a song I want to listen to more right now, I realize it will die down, but everything die's down, it's when it's new and you cant fucking believe someone made a song that you just find mind boggling good, just when it seems no song will do that to me again, here comes INVU!! FUCK THAT SHIT THE PRODUCTION CRANKED FROM THE KICKER 10INCH, SOLO BARRICS IN FROM THE BACK OF MY GRAND CHEROKEE IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING PHENOMENAL, I WISH YOU ALL COULD JUST STAND OUTSIDE AND BE TAKEN IN BY IT, IT REALLY GIVES YOU A WHOLE NEW APPRECIATION FOR JUST HOW PERFECT THIS FUCKING DISC IS PRODUCED AND MASTERED!!

"Scream" is my fav with "Spooked" second then "Future World" and "Jump the Gun".

What about 'Sin Decade'?

My faves too would be 'Jump The Gun' and 'Spooked' at 1 and 2, with 'Sin decade' and 'Scream' slotting in at 3 and 4. The newie, 'Wake up to the real world' and 'Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing' would be next, then 'Carpe Diem' and only then do we start discussing 'Red, hot and heavy' and 'Future world', imo. They'd be in my bottom 4 in the discography, with 'Planet Panic' and 'Stripped'. :)

Future World has some great songs, like the title tracks, Love Games, Rodeo etc but also some real filler.

Having listened to the newie repeatedly Im tempted to tuck it in at no 3. Great album

& Cody I agree, INVU is one of their best songs, no question.

Rating their CD's is quite hard because I pretty much LOVE all of them. I also tend to seperate the early Pretty Maids that were balls out 80's Metal, with the 1990 on up more mature band that broadened their sound a little, which I really liked.

Not including Pandemonium or the EP's, Best Of or Stripped...

1. & 2. - Scream - Carpe Diem (they trade off)

3. Lethal Heroes/Jump The Gun

4. Sin-Decade

5. Spooked

6. Anything Worth Doing...

7. Future World

8. Planet Panic

9. Wake Up To The Real World

10. Red, Hot And Heavy

For me Future world is number 1. This was one of the first disc I ever bought back when it was released. It is closely followed by Red, hot & heavy. I think these two defines Pretty Maids and are the most classic PM albums. Pandemonium is a return to this era with an updated sound and production. I also think this was their intention.

I think Future world is the ultimate PM song. As Mr. atkins puts it himself : To this day, I personally would state that if I had to pick one song from our entire back catalogue as the best one, it probably would be Future World since it simply contains all the ingredients that identify the band at its best, a great guitar riff, good vocal melodies and nice keyboards. The mixture of all that is what does it for me. Though I think we've written a lot of good stuff since that, I still see Future World the song, as something unique.

Back to back is a classic with its Furtuna intro, I really love it. It's like Hellion/electric eye an all time heavy metal classic.

'Future World' is a great song, probably my favourite Pretty Maids track too. However, I thought the rest of that album was pretty poor, not a patch on 'Red, Hot & Heavy', which is an absolute classic. Song after song of fantastic hard rock/metal. Easily their best for me.

Well guys it all depends on what floats your boat. For me its always going to be melody and a killer chorus and that's why 'Jump The Gun' is not only my favourite Pretty Maids album its one of fav albums of all time.

It contains easily their best songs IMO -

'Dont Settle For Less', 'Savage Heart', 'Young Blood', 'Partners In Crime' & 'Over and Out'.......each an absolute classic.

'Future World' is a great song, probably my favourite Pretty Maids track too. However, I thought the rest of that album was pretty poor, not a patch on 'Red, Hot & Heavy', which is an absolute classic. Song after song of fantastic hard rock/metal. Easily their best for me.

Back you on Red..., It's a classic for me. Absolutekiller album. :taz:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This album is another awesome cd from a great band! I would say that INVU is my favorite track so far. As far as their other releases, I'm one of the few that doesn't care for much pre-Jump the Gun era. Sin Decade, Scream & Spooked are easily my favorites.

I'm not quite as excited by this band as everyone else. I mean, sure they're consistent & hardly ever write filler tracks, but most of their latter albums could also do with one big standout tune (which the last album didn't have, and nor does this one). After they've phoned-in the opening two tracks - both could've been on any of their albums to date - things crank-up several notches to peak with the awesome combination of "Final Day of Innocence" and "Cielo Drive". "Old Enough to Know" is a surprisingly lush AOR-type number & the obvious increasing use of keyboards is welcome. Very strong stuff again but slightly overshadowed by someother mighty releases this year IMO, and the vocalist should yet again be taken out into a field and shot. About 8/10 from me.