Do T.H.E.S.E. bands annoy you?

Geoff

Recently there have been several new bands such as W.E.T. / H.E.A.T. / N.O.W. / H.A.R.D. for example and I have to say they're really starting to annoy me.

It's all fine and fun when they're new releases and all, but trying to search for these CDs at a later date using search functions just doesn't work consistently and it creates anger. Plus it's annoying to type. I don't even think any of them are acronyms either apart from WET, are they? They just seem to do it to annoy people.

W.A.S.P.

Yeah, that was the only old school one I could think of. I think some clowns did this - K.I.S.S. but they were freaks and everyone knows it's just KISS.

W.A.S.P. is an acronym for something isn't it?

W.A.S.P.

Yeah, that was the only old school one I could think of. I think some clowns did this - K.I.S.S. but they were freaks and everyone knows it's just KISS.

W.A.S.P. = We Are Sexual Predators...so I've heard

W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. = We Are Sexual Predators...so I've heard

lol. That's awesome. I always thought it was something to do with Satan. Something along the lines of We Are Satan's People perhaps? Who knows. I do like We Are Sexual Predators, though.

Recently there have been several new bands such as W.E.T. / H.E.A.T. / N.O.W. / H.A.R.D. for example and I have to say they're really starting to annoy me.

It's all fine and fun when they're new releases and all, but trying to search for these CDs at a later date using search functions just doesn't work consistently and it creates anger. Plus it's annoying to type. I don't even think any of them are acronyms either apart from WET, are they? They just seem to do it to annoy people.

Yep, very annoying. Seems like bands trying to be clever, but doesn't work imo. Yes, W.E.T. might be an acronym of the founding bands' names, but it's a rubbish name. And as you say, really hard to find on eBay, Amazon, etc. Also a lot of hard rock and AOR bands who have one-word names that are quite common words and release self-titled albums. I'm waiting for new rock releases like The - The, And - And, On - On, etc

To be honest I.D.O.N.T.G.I.V.E.A.F.U.C.K. as long as the music is good. ;)

:lol:

You would if you searched for the CD on eBay and got 600 results, most of which were R 'n' B drivel... ;)

Most of these are Frontiers associated releases. I wonder if someone from Frontiers has just opened a page from Playboy magazine and picked a random word? Wouldn't be surprised if the next one is I.N.S.E.R.T followed by F.I.N.G.E.R then A.N.U.S then S.N.I.F.F etc. Gotta love those Italians.

You would if you searched for the CD on eBay and got 600 results, most of which were R 'n' B drivel... ;)

Try typing in the band name AND the cd title and you shouldn't have any probs ;)

Try typing in the band name AND the cd title and you shouldn't have any probs ;)

Didn't help much in looking for Empire - Empire, or wading through the hundreds of All Saints CDs searching for the Saints & Sinners CD.

BTW, LOL re I.N.S.E.R.T., etc. If there really was a band called I.N.S.E.R.T. they would deserve success just for the name! Fnarr fnarr.

:quagmire:

Try looking for these in eBay and see how much fun it is...Newman S/T....Pride S/T....Trouble S/T.....it should be illegal to have an album title the same as the band name....

Back in the day W.A.S.P. supposedly stood for "We Are Sexual Perverts." Of course, the PMRC and the religious right who hated the band thought it stood for "We Are Satan's People"... after all these years, Blackie Lawless sez it stands for "We Ain't Sure, Pal"

But half of them are self titled! And trust me, typing in 'H.E.A.T. - H.E.A.T.' or 'W.E.T. - W.E.T.' does not make it easier. :lol:

Yeah, James & Dead Planet, totally agree about self titled CDs from bands with generic names too. Not much you can do about it, but I've found searching for Inside Out's debut, for example, to be a total write off. And Blind s/t - that was a f*cking nightmare.

Can't stand these guys -----> G.E.O.F.F.

I'm gonna beat Geoff to the punch with a take on an acronym for his name.

How about G.E.O.F.F. stands for God's Excrutiating Offering For Females

OK that's bad, real bad and so are all those bands names with acronyms.

Can't stand these guys -----> G.E.O.F.F.

I'm gonna beat Geoff to the punch with a take on an acronym for his name.

How about G.E.O.F.F. stands for God's Excrutiating Offering For Females

:lol: Don't be so harsh on yourself, mate. I think that's excellent. If I try to think of one I know it will only pale in comparison to that.

Back in the day W.A.S.P. supposedly stood for "We Are Sexual Perverts." Of course, the PMRC and the religious right who hated the band thought it stood for "We Are Satan's People"... after all these years, Blackie Lawless sez it stands for "We Ain't Sure, Pal"

Thought it was White Anglo Saxon Protistant...

Could also stand for White Anglo Saxon Person.

Bands with generic names are also very frustrating to search for:

Europe, KISS, Cinderella, Firehouse, Rainbow, The Cult, All Ends, The Answer, Rage, Loudness, Thunder, etc.

I wonder if bands today think long and hard about creating more search-friendly names.

After looking at the reviews on HH, I thought about looking up Hawk - s/t on eBay last night ... for about three seconds.

:o

I thought it meant:

Writing A Sexual Poem.. :quagmire: