best ten year span in music?

swriter

debated this on another site, personally, I would go for 75-85, classic rock and early 80's hard rock included!!

74 - 84 for me but anything up to the early 90's was good

Any 10 year combo between 1980 and 1993.

Backed.

but '93 had already started to lose it for me (except for a few gems like Mood Swings etc)

1980 is still one of the most important years in rock history for me......it includes many of the classic albums I grew up with - and was the year when rock music became a way of life for me (a mere 10 yrs old!)

Iron Maiden - s/t

Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell

AC/DC - Back in Black

Saxon - Wheels of Steel

REO - Hi-Infidelity

Whitesnake - Ready an Willing

Ozzy - Blizzard of Oz

MSG - s/t

All those albums were played to death and then some in my house.

:bowdown: to 1980!!!

74 has to be there because that is when the :bowdown: Bad Company - S/T was released !!!!!!!

74 has to be there because that is when the :bowdown: Bad Company - S/T was released !!!!!!!

yes!!!! so mine now is 74 - 84 haha

I'd have to say 1984 to 1994.

1994? Wasn't the year that most of our fav bands started losing the plot?

A few of my all-time favourite gems like Zero, Farrcry, Inside Out and Intuition were all released that year. As well as classic debuts from bands like Frontline and Jaded Heart. Some amazing CDs from that year.

Yeah, a lot of the older bands either didn't release anything that year or sold out... but to be honest I think 1994 was a hell of a lot better than 1983. :)

A few of my all-time favourite gems like Zero, Farrcry, Inside Out and Intuition were all released that year. As well as classic debuts from bands like Frontline and Jaded Heart. Some amazing CDs from that year.

Yeah, a lot of the older bands either didn't release anything that year or sold out... but to be honest I think 1994 was a hell of a lot better than 1983. :)

Sorry but Def Leppard put out Pyromania that year and that says it all to me.

Plus Kiss 'Lick it Up', Y&T 'Meanstreak', AC/DC 'Flick of the Switch, Dokken 'Breaking the Chains', Metallica 'Kill Em All', Queensryche 'EP', Iron Maiden 'Piece of Mind', Steeler 'Steeler', Riot 'Born in America', Ratt 'EP', Accept 'Restless & Wild', Dio 'Holy Diver', Ozzy 'Bark at the Moon', Fastway 'Fastway', Europe 'Europe', Helix 'No Rest for the Wicked', Quiet Riot 'Metal Health', Van Halen '1984', Twisted Sister 'You Can't Stop Rock N Roll' plus many many others. :headbanger:

I will admit after looking through the 1994 releases there are some monsters on that list but mostly stuff from lesser known bands which is cool to. Some of my favs from that year are the Vain, Motley(with Crabby) and Tyketto. :tumbsup:

Plus Kiss 'Lick it Up', Y&T 'Meanstreak', AC/DC 'Flick of the Switch, Dokken 'Breaking the Chains', Metallica 'Kill Em All', Queensryche 'EP', Iron Maiden 'Piece of Mind', Steeler 'Steeler', Riot 'Born in America', Ratt 'EP', Accept 'Restless & Wild', Dio 'Holy Diver', Ozzy 'Bark at the Moon', Fastway 'Fastway', Europe 'Europe', Helix 'No Rest for the Wicked', Quiet Riot 'Metal Health', Van Halen '1984', Twisted Sister 'You Can't Stop Rock N Roll' plus many many others. :headbanger:

I will admit after looking through the 1994 releases there are some monsters on that list but mostly stuff from lesser known bands which is cool to. Some of my favs from that year are the Vain, Motley(with Crabby) and Tyketto. :tumbsup:

Oh yeah, how the hell could I forget those three?

I have to admit the above list only solidifies the point for me. ;) I like the Def Leppard, KISS, Steeler and Ratt albums and Helix was pretty good too, but I'd pass on the rest. Even those are some of my least favourite releases from those bands (bar Steeler). Yeah, for me personally I much prefer 1994. :)

Oh yeah, how the hell could I forget those three?

I have to admit the above list only solidifies the point for me. ;) I like the Def Leppard, KISS, Steeler and Ratt albums and Helix was pretty good too, but I'd pass on the rest. Even those are some of my least favourite releases from those bands (bar Steeler). Yeah, for me personally I much prefer 1994. :)

Geoff, perhaps you could just make it 10 years.....'84 to '93. Problem solved ;-))

The only thing worth getting (really) excited about in 1994 was Crown of Thorns debut. Or was that '93 (cant remember now)..........

1983 was a great year for AOR!

I-Ten - Taking A Cold Look :bowdown:

Journey - Frontiers :bowdown:

M Bolton - s/t

Survivor - Caught In The Game (one of my fav Survivor albums!)

Preview - s/t :bowdown:

Geoff, perhaps you could just make it 10 years.....'84 to '93. Problem solved ;-))

HAHA! Glen is the only one that can actually count on this forum. :lol: I seriously didn't even realise... just followed what everyone else was doing. Baaaahah.

Either way, my point remains. I prefer 1994 to 1983. ;)

yes!!!! so mine now is 74 - 84 haha

You can also add Robin Trower's Bridge Of Sighs to a classic 74 release as well :tumbsup:

HAHA! Glen is the only one that can actually count on this forum. :lol: I seriously didn't even realise... just followed what everyone else was doing. Baaaahah.

Either way, my point remains. I prefer 1994 to 1983. ;)

wot 11 years?......LOL. :headbanger:

• My Little Pony

I'm far too uneducated to make a decision.

Remember, back in the day, when the Poodles dropped their debut! :lol: