Wigwam

rockdoc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my balls are in a knot in anticipation for this one. Like Place Vendome did this year, I hope this will cement itself early on as a frontrunner for the year.

I just caught the sample track "Do You Wanna Taste It" over at melodicrock. In a word....PHENOMENAL! These guys are easily one of my top 5 bands ever.

• My Little Pony
Hopefully this will be a cracking start to the new year.

A cracking start? Man, you're British.

But I do agree.

Listening to this release right now. Best they've done, IMO. The choruses remind me A LOT of rockin' Gotthard at their best.

This seems to be more traditional hard rock/melodic rock than their previous efforts; a bit lighter but more melodic, and it works well!

-Dan

UPDATE: Samples of all tracks posted:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...ll&Letter=A

Listening to this release right now. Best they've done, IMO. The choruses remind me A LOT of rockin' Gotthard at their best.

This seems to be more traditional hard rock/melodic rock than their previous efforts; a bit lighter but more melodic, and it works well!

-Dan

UPDATE: Samples of all tracks posted:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...ll&Letter=A

Please tell us where you got your copy?

It's not released on CD yet; it comes out in January. I get advance releases directly from Frontiers as high-resolution MP3s.

And no, I won't make them available to anyone other than the short samples on the main site or an occasional single full track I list here. It's one of the conditions of being able to get them. It's people abusing this and sharing the full albums around that has the labels PO'ed about downloading.

-Dan

It's not released on CD yet; it comes out in January. I get advance releases directly from Frontiers as high-resolution MP3s.

And no, I won't make them available to anyone other than the short samples on the main site or an occasional single full track I list here. It's one of the conditions of being able to get them. It's people abusing this and sharing the full albums around that has the labels PO'ed about downloading.

-Dan

Damn, so now your going to tease us...brutal man brutal. ;)

• My Little Pony

-Dan

I admire your integrity.

But seriously, "Gimme gimme gimme. I need. I need!"

-Dan

I admire your integrity.

But seriously, "Gimme gimme gimme. I need. I need!"

This is going to be far there best disc to date !! Every song is a winner in my book!!

Overall sounds a really strong album.

The last track and the bonus track didnt do too much for me but the rest all sounded like classic Wigwam to these ears.

One thought tho..........ive listened to 2 clips of 'Im Still Burning' and the verses are such a rip of 'One Night Of Passion' (The Poodles)

Really looking forward to the whole album, and i hope those solos kill, as we havent heard any evidence of them yet????!

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Man I hope I'm alone with my opinion on this (for the sake of the band), but I have to admit I'm pretty unimpressed with this. Can't see it near my top ten come year end, to be honest. Some killer songs (as always) but a lot more fillers than usual. Starting out with the first two songs - 'Do Ya Wanna Taste It' and 'Walls Come Down' and then ending with the last two pretty awful songs - 'Chasing Rainbows' and 'Gotta Get It On'. Four fillers right off the bat.

'Wild one', 'Still I'm burning', 'All you wanted' and 'Rocket Through My Heart' will be four of the best songs of the year - but where are the rest that sound like these? These four songs, to me, is what Wig Wam is about but there is a severe shortage this time round. Love these, though.

'C'mon everybody' is only okay and the title track is the fifth best song but like Jez said earlier the two ballads, 'Man in the moon' and 'From here' aren't that great. I actually like both songs, but both have pretty weak hooks.

Anyway, only 5 songs really work for me on this album, which is a pretty unfortunate strike rate, imo. Still love the band, but this is easily their weakest disc, imo.

Man I hope I'm alone with my opinion on this (for the sake of the band), but I have to admit I'm pretty unimpressed with this. Can't see it near my top ten come year end, to be honest. Some killer songs (as always) but a lot more fillers than usual. Starting out with the first two songs - 'Do Ya Wanna Taste It' and 'Walls Come Down' and then ending with the last two pretty awful songs - 'Chasing Rainbows' and 'Gotta Get It On'. Four fillers right off the bat.

'Wild one', 'Still I'm burning', 'All you wanted' and 'Rocket Through My Heart' will be four of the best songs of the year - but where are the rest that sound like these? These four songs, to me, is what Wig Wam is about but there is a severe shortage this time round. Love these, though.

'C'mon everybody' is only okay and the title track is the fifth best song but like Jez said earlier the two ballads, 'Man in the moon' and 'From here' aren't that great. I actually like both songs, but both have pretty weak hooks.

Anyway, only 5 songs really work for me on this album, which is a pretty unfortunate strike rate, imo. Still love the band, but this is easily their weakest disc, imo.

Uh-oh...I hope you're wrong Geoff. I just put in my order for this at NEH Records. This is one my top bands ever. But, to be fair, one can't expect a band to bat 100% forever. I'll forgive them if there's a couple of fillers on this release.

Uh-oh...I hope you're wrong Geoff. I just put in my order for this at NEH Records. This is one my top bands ever. But, to be fair, one can't expect a band to bat 100% forever. I'll forgive them if there's a couple of fillers on this release.

Definitely, without a doubt still worth owning. But yeah, I guess the band themselves have set some amazingly high standards to live up to and can be forgiven for, imo, a minor slip.