Divebomb Records - Aug. 20, 2009

heavyharmonies

DIVEBOMB NEW RELEASES (October 2009)

Well, it's taken us a little bit of time to organize our newest batch of reissues, but we are pretty sure you are going to be as excited as we are for their release! They will hit store shelves on October 15th. Quantities are limited so act fast. We are accepting pre-orders now and expect all orders to begin shipping around September 14th. Package deals (SHIRT+CD) are also available for pre-ordering.

We feel this new batch of releases truly encompasses the diversity of everything we are trying to create with our reissue division, Divebomb Records.

SARGANT FURY - The Anthology (3 CD BOX)

l_ac3edabcd1f541d7a48ff1833887b562.jpg

SARGANT FURY were a (mostly) German hard rock outfit releasing three incredible albums during 1991-1995. Delivering rock solid songs and working with top producers like Tommy Newton (Helloween, Elegy, Victory), Charlie Bauerfeind (Blind Guardian, Angra, Gamma Ray) and Sascha Paeth (Rhapsody, Kamelot, Edguy) it's a wonder how they never took over the world! Alas, as we all know by now some things are just never meant to happen.

However it didn't stop there for some SARGANT FURY members, their vocalist, Andrew "Mac" McDermott, did eventually go on to front the UK's premiere progressive metal act, THRESHOLD during their most eventful years. Bassist, Bauke de Groot, currently plays in HATE SQUAD and started his own record label in Germany and besides releasing amazing metal and hardcore from European bands he even licensed Tribunal Records' own, KILLWHITNEYDEAD for release overseas. Small world, eh? We like to think so! So we being the big SARGANT FURY fans that we are decided it was time to dust off these classics and release them together in one amazing box set! ALL TRACKS were digitally remastered by Jamie King @ The Basement Studios during July 2009.

SFadfornewsletter.jpg

175.jpg

3-CD Box + T-shirt Package Deal = $36.99

DOMINANCE - Resurrected

l_51c782522497466ab1041086b016c928.jpg

This forward thinking Philadelphia area thrash band was formed from the ashes of cult heroes Anvil Bitch. Their two classic demos (Dominance - 1988 and Look Where We Worship - 1990) have been compiled and remastered for this new collection.

Resurrected is the first time this material has been released on CD. The enhanced content contains a full live set from 1989 and slide show of club flyers from the era. Also included - brand new interview with the band and full lyrics.

"Even with Dominance’s late arrival to the thrash metal explosion, their music was adventurous and lyrical subject matter absolutely captivating. However, what truly set them apart from the countless bands hacking it out was the addition of samples to their music. It was extraordinarily innovative and I can still remember getting chills the first time I heard General Ursus’ voice declaring “The only good human is a dead human” (from Planet Of The Apes) in the opening few seconds of “Resurrected.” It was eerie, yet uplifting in a sense. When their Look Where We Worship demo was released, the thrash scene may have been on its way out, but Dominance were defiantly paving a new path and adding even more creative depth to their already impressive arsenal of songs. Though they weren’t necessarily reinventing the wheel their bold approach to thrash metal certainly changed my world, forever."

Matt - KILLWHITNEYDEAD

m_d9b96b72a22647d6b59fc225c4eeeffc.jpg

DOMINANCE

Resurrected CD

DIVE005

- Enhanced CD contains full live set from 1989 and slideshow of original show flyers

- Includes new band interview conducted in 2009 by Kevin Stewart-Panko of Decibel/Terrorizer

- Artwork faithfully restored from original demo tape

- As heard on Metal Massacre V.11

- Shared stage with: SLAYER, BIOHAZARD, MORBID ANGEL, OVERKILL, THE ACCUSED & so many more!!

- All tracks remastered in 2009 by Jamie King

TRACK LIST:

01 Resurrected

02 Father Paranoia

03 Disabled

04 This Is Only A Test

05 Dreams Of Supremacy

06 Explicit Termination

07 New Annihilation

08 Liquid Remains

09 Feeding Frenzy

10 Resurrected (MMXI Version) [bonus Track]

FOR FANS OF: METALLICA, SLAYER, EXODUS, TESTAMENT and FORBIDDEN

CD + T-shirt package Deal = $21.99

SOLITUDE - Poisoned Population (2 CD SET)

l_eb183e0e15654d7ca6fea178f9aef5a8.jpg

Delaware thrash/speed metal band, SOLITUDE, was formed in 1983. Despite releasing three critically acclaimed demos true “break out success” always seemed to slip through their fingers. While influenced by Metallica and Testament they were also equally drawn to works by Rush, Mahavishnu Orchestra and even Eric Johnson.

In 1987, they released their first demo, Focus Of Terror, which received an enthusiastic response from the scene thus resulting in the track “The End” appearing on Thrash Attack III. Sickness, released a year later, found the band quickly gaining ground with great reviews in fanzines worldwide most notably, Kerrang! As if all the positive press and opening for bands such as DEATH, DARK ANGEL and SACRED REICH, wasn’t enough to warrant the scene’s attention “Typhoid Mary” was then chosen to appear on Metal Blade Records’ prestigious Metal Massacre series.

Fall Of Creation brought greater exposure in publications like Metal Maniacs, Thrash ‘Em All and Metal Forces and they signed with Red Light Records in 1993 and recorded From Within in 1994. Sadly enough, right before the album’s release the label went belly up and it never saw the light of day in the US. After a crushing blow like that and 10 years as a band SOLITUDE decided to quietly bow out of the metal world.

Poisoned Population: The Complete Collection (1987-1994) is a two disc remastered collection of all 26 tracks. It features all new artwork, extensive liner notes, full lyrics, enhanced live concert videos and much more.

175.jpg

SOLITUDE

Poisoned Population: The Complete Collection (1987-1994)

DIVE006

- Reunited SOLITUDE to play shows again in 2009-2010

- Enhanced CD contains vintage live material and slideshow of original show flyers

- Shared stage with: DEATH, DARK ANGEL, SACRED REICH, FORBIDDEN, NUCLEAR ASSAULT and DEATH ANGEL

- Includes new band interview conducted in 2009 by Kevin Stewart-Panko of Decibel/Terrorizer

- Featured unused 1994 artwork by original Solitude artist, Steven R. Cobb (Heavy Metal)

- All tracks remastered in 2009 by Jamie King

DISC 1

01 Twisted

02 No Future

03 Tipping The Balance

04 Alter The Red

05 Mind Pollution

06 From Within

07 The Afterlife

08 A Loss Of Blood

09 The Empty

10 Poisoned Population

11 In This Life

12 Side Winder

DISC 2

01 Shroud Of Silence

02 Fall Of Creation

03 Degenerate

04 Alter The Red

05 Instrumental

06 The After Life

07 Side Winder

08 Typhoid Mary

09 Bats In The Belfry

10 The Elegy

11 The End

12 You Die

13 Dead Or Alive

14 Buried Alive

FOR FANS OF: TESTAMENT, METALLICA, SLAYER, METAL CHURCH & SACRED REICH

T-shirt + 2-CD package Deal = $25.99

I was excited until I figured out that it wasn't the band I thought it was. Any chance Sargant Fury is as good as Sgt Roxx?

Sgt Roxx are pretty good but Sargant Fury's 'Still want more' is honestly about ten times better than anything Sgt Roxx ever recorded. :)

delaware....so any metal from idaho and wyoming? i don't recall anything from there....

Onward is from either Wyoming or Montana not sure which one.

Their recordings were done in Sheridan Wyoming which is really close to where I'm at.

delaware....so any metal from idaho and wyoming? i don't recall anything from there....

Onward is from either Wyoming or Montana not sure which one.

Their recordings were done in Sheridan Wyoming which is really close to where I'm at.

thanx bro,i think they're from montana, but their guitarist is in WY now , although he transfered from....?(i don't recall now, but when he recorded guitar distortion wasn't there, have to find the cd to check out....idaho?

I was excited until I figured out that it wasn't the band I thought it was. Any chance Sargant Fury is as good as Sgt Roxx?

Sgt Roxx are pretty good but Sargant Fury's 'Still want more' is honestly about ten times better than anything Sgt Roxx ever recorded. :)

Backed.

I agree

So has anyone that ordered the box set actually received it yet, or is it really not going to be available until Oct?

Ordered but not recieved Rick.

So has anyone that ordered the box set actually received it yet, or is it really not going to be available until Oct?

Ordered but not recieved Rick.

Thanks Jez, good to know. I'm not a big fan of pre-ordering so although I will be getting this, I'll hold off until they start shipping.

who would you compare their sound too?

Victory, plain and simple. If you love Victory you'll love Sargant Fury.

What do Victory sound like? Any comparisons?

You suck. :lol:

Victory just sound like awesome. No other way to describe it. Big riffs, huge backing vocals, great song-writing, consistent as hell. If you're a fan of hard rock I don't really think it's possible to not love Victory.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI, my box just arrived today. Haven't had a chance to listen yet.

-Dan

Aww man, I haven't got mine yet! :(

Mine arrived this morning, so yours won't be far away Pete :guitbannana: