Nelson to release new album on Frontiers

heavyharmonies

what, no one's mentioned the Nelson album IMAGINATOR.... it's pretty cool :)

Has anyone bought the "Before The Rain" demos album off the Nelson website yet, what an incredible set of songs on offer there, why these songs never got released is beyond me coz as an album it's sooo much better than " After The Rain" cd.

I don't agree with this. The demos were good but the fact I never kept them says a lot about the quality of them. I sure as hell remember there to be nothing even remotely as good as songs like "Love & Affection" or "After The Rain" in amongst them....

Has anyone bought the "Before The Rain" demos album off the Nelson website yet, what an incredible set of songs on offer there, why these songs never got released is beyond me coz as an album it's sooo much better than " After The Rain" cd.

I don't agree with this. The demos were good but the fact I never kept them says a lot about the quality of them. I sure as hell remember there to be nothing even remotely as good as songs like "Love & Affection" or "After The Rain" in amongst them....

I dare you to purchase these demos & then comment.

I dare you to purchase these demos & then comment.

Assume it's songs like "Senorita"/"Love Is All We've Got"/"Avalon"/"Wish" etc etc? They were on my pre-production copy of "After The Rain" (it had 20 songs on it). All are good, but nothing outstanding that didn't make the album IMO.

Is anything else apart from "After the rain" worth looking into?

I think 'Life' has been mentioned a few times mate :whistle:

Matty-Boo, you really are a dreg sometimes. There are more posts in this thread that mention 'Life' than there are that don't. And I agree, definitely their most consistent disc. One or two turds, but mostly an album full of excellent songs. As Jez says, 'Imaginator' would be next on the list but I have 'Because they can' and a CDR of 'Silence is broken' too and I wouldn't get rid of either.

Shutup lovers.

I dont have much time to read entire threads atm.

I am really looking forward to that live/demo's disc and of course new music is always encouraged.

Just for the record, the Before the rain demos disc has been onsale from the Nelson website for a while now.

It has 18 tracks on it, so will be interesting to see how many make it to this one.

From what I saw, they don't have a single thing for sale on their site at the moment. :(

When I was looking last night for the Like father, like sons CD, I found that and the demos disc to be the only things they have on sale other than photos.

http://thenelsonbrothers.com/merch.html

Thanks for this link, does anyone have that demos disc, kinda looks cdr-ish? In the link above their wasn't anything in their store.

I must say while I was googling, ebaying and amazining their catalogue, asides from After The Rain and Because They Can, are quite pricey, glad I have most of them already and thanks to the link I can get the Like Father, Like Son release and complete the series.

And Matt, After The Rain is just plain amazing!!! I very difficult album to match, but you won't be dissapointed in any of the Nelson catalogue. Kind of in the same token as Enuff Z' Nuff, who keep churning out quality releases year after year, none quite match the debut, but are all pretty damn descent recordings.

Definately give Because They Can a spin, they acoustical guitar most of the tracks, but they still are vefy well written ad are excellent! Plus this one is still available on the cheap, where as Life, Silence, Imaginator are getting up there!$$$$$$

Cheers Terry, for a kind response, unlike those other tits.

So has Nelson ever done anything remotely heavy?

So tell me some facts, please. How is the sound quality for these demos? Are m/any tracks equal in production to the debut? Is there any artwork, or is it just the CD as per the photo? Overall, it comes to aud$33 or so... it'd have to be excellent for me to fork that out.

If the album they are releasing on Frontiers includes all the demos, maybe its worth waiting.

Until they release a track listing tho, its anyones guess!

Plus, who knows, maybe they will give them a lil bit of remastering as well!

Yeah, to be honest the chances of me paying au$33 for an artworkless CDR collection of demos is somewhere between 0 and -1,000,000. :) I think I'll wait.

I didnt look at the postage costs, but I thought the $20 (US) for a CDR with no artwork was a bit much!

Heck, I thought $26 was a bit much for the Poley CD, and thats a silver pressed double disc with full artwork, and included postage and being signed.

No way I am paying $20+ for a CDR.

Yeah, to be honest the chances of me paying au$33 for an artworkless CDR collection of demos is somewhere between 0 and -1,000,000. :) I think I'll wait.

Yeah agreed. If there was artwork I'd consider but no way in hell am I paying for a plain old CDR.

Yeah agreed. If there was artwork I'd consider but no way in hell am I paying for a plain old CDR.

Considering that with a little help from our friends and a quick google search would more than likely locate those 18 songs and you could make your cd.

Considering that with a little help from our friends and a quick google search would more than likely locate those 18 songs and you could make your cd.

:lol: That's what I was hoping. No luck yet, though. :(

Is anything else apart from "After the rain" worth looking into?

Because They Can is a decent album and so is Imaginator. Because They Can is very poppy acoustic based AOR and is very good while Imaginator is darker than the first album with decent songs. Nothing beats the first one though; very polished melodic rock.

I must say I'm particularly looking forward to the Live album as I've always wanted to hear them live and plugged rather than the few acoustic performances floating around.

I'm also surprised and pleased that Neil Zaza is touring with them. I had no idea that such a partnership was even possible. I hope the new album is similar to the first.

• 4 years later...

This??

Track Listing:
1. After the Rain
2. Bits and Pieces
3. (Can’t Live Without Your) Love and Affection
4. Will You Love Me
5. You’re All I Need Tonight
6. More Than Ever
7. (It’s Just) Desire
8. I Can Hardly Wait
9. Senorita
10. Everywhere I Go
11. Lets Get This Show On The Road
12. Far Away From Home
13. It’s Gotta Get Better
14. I Wish
15. That’s Love
16. Avalon
17. Runnin’ Outta Time (The Silence is Broken)
18. Love Is All We’ve Got

This??

Track Listing:

1. After the Rain

2. Bits and Pieces

3. (Can’t Live Without Your) Love and Affection

4. Will You Love Me

5. You’re All I Need Tonight

6. More Than Ever

7. (It’s Just) Desire

8. I Can Hardly Wait

9. Senorita

10. Everywhere I Go

11. Lets Get This Show On The Road

12. Far Away From Home

13. It’s Gotta Get Better

14. I Wish

15. That’s Love

16. Avalon

17. Runnin’ Outta Time (The Silence is Broken)

18. Love Is All We’ve Got

Before The Rain (2010):

nelson-before-the-rain.jpg51ypA7H1TkL.jpg

Lightning Strikes Twice (2010):

nelson-lightning_strikes_twice.jpgnelson-lighting-strikes-twice-back-cover

• 2 years later...