Nelson to release new album on Frontiers

heavyharmonies

[Old news, but Frontiers just sent out the press release today...]

Frontiers Records are very excited to announce the signing of American rockers Nelson for a brand new Rock album - set to be titled “Lightning Strikes Twice”. The label will also release a Nelson live album recorded during the “After the Rain” tour and the original “After the Rain” demos which include some unreleased gems.

Right now the Nelson's are hard at work in the studio working on the new album. Gunnar Nelson reports: "After many years of mutual admiration, Matthew and I are proud to announce our new partnership with our friends at Frontiers. We're thrilled at the opportunity for a renewed vitality for Nelson. We eagerly anticipate an unstoppable connection between the songs we work so hard on and the fans of classic melodic hard rock that we make our music for. While trends have come and gone, Frontiers has stayed the course and supported a loyal fanbase all over the world. Matthew and I have taken great pride in doing the same. It's this shared passion for great rock and roll…spearheaded by great songs…presented in a timeless fashion…that's assured Matthew and I that Frontiers will be where our future hits find a perfect home. We're currently hard at work in the studio after years of writing the best songs of our lives. The resulting effort will be our first original effort commissioned specifically by and for Frontiers - a seamless follow up to our triple platinum debut album After The Rain called Lightning Strikes Twice. Brother harmonies, soaring guitars, melodies that will keep you up at night… but above all… Great Songs. That is what Nelson does. And that's all we're ever going to do for Frontiers and our loyal fans. And with our legendary drummer Bobby Rock, international guitar virtuoso Neil Zaza, and former Aerosmith keyboardist Gary Corbett, we plan on touring the four corners of the earth to support it. Nelson is back, and better than ever. Let's ROCK, shall we?"

“After the Rain” was the hit debut multi-platinum album from the band led by Matthew and Gunnar in the early 1990s. They zoomed to number one with their hit song, "(Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection,” had three Top 10 singles, four #1 MTV videos, five Top 40 Billboard Hits and became massively popular overseas. Every magazine from Rolling Stone to People did cover stories, and the twins performed on television shows like "Late Night With David Letterman" and "Saturday Night Live." Critics tended to unfairly overlook Nelson, however, because of the brothers' pin-up good looks… but that didn't stop millions of fans from 'getting' what all the excitement was about.

With the rise of grunge rock in the mid-90s, pop music grew dark and foreboding. Matthew and Gunnar chose not to compromise their positive, drug-free posture to suit the trend. Those who continued to follow the brothers' musical progress were rewarded with numerous gems on their seven subsequent albums on their own Stone Canyon Records label.

Matthew and Gunnar have rare insights into what it takes to earn longevity in the entertainment world. They continue the inspiring story of a most remarkable show business family. Their grandparents, Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, achieved immortality with "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet," the longest-running live action sitcom in television history. Earlier, the couple had enjoyed big band success and had scored a number one hit in 1934.

Ricky Nelson emerged from the TV series' popularity to establish himself as one of the most important rock artists of the '50s and '60s with 60 million career sales and three number ones of his own. So, with Matthew and Gunnar's “(Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection”, the Nelsons landed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the only family to reach number one record status in three successive generations.

Once again billed as Nelson, and reuniting the original internationally known rock band, Matthew and Gunnar continue to perform sold-out shows around the globe. Contributing to their audience's extraordinary devotion is the fact that Matthew and Gunnar tirelessly try to please. They take time to meet and greet each and every fan following all performances… for in their own words, “Our people are everything to us.”

Defying any preconceptions, Matthew and Gunnar dazzle audiences of all ages. They carry on the family tradition, while carving out their own musical identities with grace, class, and passion. Their live show flat-out ROCKS! Much to their satisfaction, the brothers' career path displays parallels to that of their legendary father, Ricky Nelson, who found fame as a teen idol before reinventing himself as a singer-songwriter and helping found the country rock movement.

Matthew Nelson adds: ""Gunnar and I are thrilled with this new partnership with Frontiers Records. To have the chance now to work on this new NELSON album creatively is a wonderful opportunity for us as artists and to continue the musical journey we started early in our careers. As singer songwriters we saviour this experience. We're having a blast in the studio recording some incredible rock music. Our Pop (Ricky Nelson) taught us that all careers are really a series of comebacks, and that 'lightning really does strike twice'.... so we're ready to continue the rockin' journey with Frontiers and NELSON on LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE!"

Keep in touch and up to date with everything Nelson via these outlets:

http://www.NelsonRockBand.com

http://www.myspace.com/officialnelson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NELSON/52382795052

http://Twitter.com/NelsonRockBand

http://www.frontiers.it

http://www.myspace.com/frontiersrecords

Nelson can be heard talking about the new live show and how it feels to be back rocking at:

Cool. Another album like the first two, or the outstanding "Life" would be awesome....

This is great news!!!

The Nelson Bro's have not written song that I don't like.

I am really looking forward to that live/demo's disc and of course new music is always encouraged.

Of topic kind of: I saw Nelson on that After The Rain tour and they were amazing performers and sounded very very good live. Btw: House Of Lords opened that show!

Cool. Another album like the first two, or the outstanding "Life" would be awesome....

Oh Yes - Another 'Life' type disc would be very cool.

Just when the state of the genre looked like it was getting better...along comes Nelson to ruin it again.

"Excuse me sir, but your stupid is showing..." :nyanya:

If you're backing Nelson...that doesnt say much about your taste in music :whistle:

Just when the state of the genre looked like it was getting better...along comes Nelson to ruin it again.

If you're backing Nelson...that doesnt say much about your taste in music :whistle:

Sorry mate, but the debut is a classic AOR/melodic rock album in my book.

Back in the day. This album was a water down piece of fluff. We knew at that point that the genre was on it's last leg.

Agreed 1,000,000% That After The Rain album is chock full of amazing AOR/Melodic Rock masterpeices!

And following releases were pretty frickin' amazing as well. Because They Can smokes! And Imaginator is a masterpiece as well!!!!!

Back in the day. This album was a water down piece of fluff. We knew at that point that the genre was on it's last leg.

Nope, dont agree with that at all.

Back in the day, the debut was a great album.

Today, its still a great album!

Agreed 1,000,000% That After The Rain album is chock full of amazing AOR/Melodic Rock masterpeices!

And following releases were pretty frickin' amazing as well. Because They Can smokes! And Imaginator is a masterpiece as well!!!!!

From what I heard, Imaginator was actually their second album but got shelved by Geffen because they wanted something lighter.

From what I heard, Imaginator was actually their second album but got shelved by Geffen because they wanted something lighter.

I too believe that is true.

Either way, I have a good feeling about this one. I always found these guys a little patchy, but I actually think this could be a really great disc. Looking forward to it.

I am really looking forward to that live/demo's disc and of course new music is always encouraged.

Just for the record, the Before the rain demos disc has been onsale from the Nelson website for a while now.

It has 18 tracks on it, so will be interesting to see how many make it to this one.

Just for the record, the Before the rain demos disc has been onsale from the Nelson website for a while now.

It has 18 tracks on it, so will be interesting to see how many make it to this one.

From what I saw, they don't have a single thing for sale on their site at the moment. :(

Backed. The debut is almost flawless AOR. Though "Life" is every bit as good IMO, and probably rates as one of the most underrated discs in our genre.

Is anything else apart from "After the rain" worth looking into?

I think 'Life' has been mentioned a few times mate :whistle: Brilliant album. 'Imaginator' is a goodie aswell.

From what I saw, they don't have a single thing for sale on their site at the moment. :(

When I was looking last night for the Like father, like sons CD, I found that and the demos disc to be the only things they have on sale other than photos.

http://thenelsonbrothers.com/merch.html

When I was looking last night for the Like father, like sons CD, I found that and the demos disc to be the only things they have on sale other than photos.

http://thenelsonbrothers.com/merch.html

Thanks for this link, does anyone have that demos disc, kinda looks cdr-ish? In the link above their wasn't anything in their store.

I must say while I was googling, ebaying and amazining their catalogue, asides from After The Rain and Because They Can, are quite pricey, glad I have most of them already and thanks to the link I can get the Like Father, Like Son release and complete the series.

And Matt, After The Rain is just plain amazing!!! I very difficult album to match, but you won't be dissapointed in any of the Nelson catalogue. Kind of in the same token as Enuff Z' Nuff, who keep churning out quality releases year after year, none quite match the debut, but are all pretty damn descent recordings.

Definately give Because They Can a spin, they acoustical guitar most of the tracks, but they still are vefy well written ad are excellent! Plus this one is still available on the cheap, where as Life, Silence, Imaginator are getting up there!$$$$$$

I think 'Life' has been mentioned a few times mate :whistle:

Matty-Boo, you really are a dreg sometimes. There are more posts in this thread that mention 'Life' than there are that don't. And I agree, definitely their most consistent disc. One or two turds, but mostly an album full of excellent songs. As Jez says, 'Imaginator' would be next on the list but I have 'Because they can' and a CDR of 'Silence is broken' too and I wouldn't get rid of either.

I think 'Life' has been mentioned a few times mate :whistle:

Matty-Boo, you really are a dreg sometimes. There are more posts in this thread that mention 'Life' than there are that don't. And I agree, definitely their most consistent disc. One or two turds, but mostly an album full of excellent songs. As Jez says, 'Imaginator' would be next on the list but I have 'Because they can' and a CDR of 'Silence is broken' too and I wouldn't get rid of either.

Actually 'Life' is the only Nelson album I don't own and I've never heard it. Have to fix that immediately.

So tell me some facts, please. How is the sound quality for these demos? Are m/any tracks equal in production to the debut? Is there any artwork, or is it just the CD as per the photo? Overall, it comes to aud$33 or so... it'd have to be excellent for me to fork that out.