which death do you have stronger feelings about?

Cobain..... "Oh, I'm so rich and successful..... life sucks!" What a douche-bag.

MJ all the way!

I vote no strong feelings about either.

These "celebrity" deaths are over analyzed, over discussed, celibrated way too much on every TV channel, etc.

They are people, just like you and I. Sure it is sad they passed on, but enough is enough.

Neither.

Both were junkies and wasted their lives.

Cobains music, apart from a few songs, was pretty damn awful and overrated, and as a person, he was pretty pathetic quite frankly.

And Jackson.

As much as I liked a lot of his music up to and including Bad, the guy was a fucking freak after that.

The plastic surgery, the claims of mystery hereditory diseases that nobody in his family knew about, the oxygen tents, the face masks and of course the potential kiddy fiddling, the man no longer deserved to be worship by people as some kind of legend.

The world is not exactly at a loss without them!

I'm probably gonna get flogged for this, but I was actually a Nirvana fan (*GASP!* There. Yes, I said it. Bite me.) so I was honestly bummed about Kurt Cobain's passing. Not to the point where I felt compelled to put on a flannel shirt and go commisserate with fellow fans at the closest Needle Park or anything, but more of a "Well, shit, I guess I'm never gonna see Nirvana live now. What an a**hole."

As for MJ, I have never been a fan. So honestly my reaction to all of the hoop-de-doo surrounding his passing has pretty much been "(shrugs shoulders)"

And just to put it in perspective, I miss Joey Ramone more than either of them.

was only 3 when Cobain died but IMO, i have more sympathy for MJ....there are so many people that would sell their soul to get to where Cobain got to, and he threw it away by committing suicide....if you ask me that makes him a unappreciative little shit, especially since he had no regard for the fans of his music all around the world if not his family and friends....suicide is generally the cowards way out, but there are exceptions as there are with most things...

however, Kurt Cobain has always topped the asshole list for me, as has anyone else that got the fame that so many people strive for and never get wether it be as a musician, actor etc..only to kill themselves, its a waste of a life, he was a goddamn rockstar....how bad could he have had it? surely he could have taken it upon himself to dig himseof out of any holes that he was in and worked to get back on his own two feet, and it would have STILL been easier for him to lead a happy life than alot of other people in the world

i used to think the same about Michael Hutchence till i learned it as an accident :/

so no, i have no sympathy for Cobain at all.....and while MJ is controversial, ignoring the music (which i am a fan of btw) he had no choice, and 50 is a young age to drop dead at....so that for me is/was more tragic..

Yeah, I can't say that either effected me even remotely. To answer your question; Obviously the fact that Cobain was sucide means there's no sympathy there, so MJ by default.

Cobain committed suicide even with a 2 year old child to live for.

MJ was just a freakshow who pumped himself full of drugs and hung his child over a balcony.

Frankly the world is better off without people like this in it.

I HATED Nirvana, who I thought were an awful awful crock of shit band (although they did give us the super talented Dave Grohl, who went on to great things with the Fooh's), and to be honest when Cobain took his own life I didn't give a monkeys toss and my first thought at the time I remember was 'Fucking idiot, at least it will put a stop to them releasing crap music ever again' - Heartless maybe, but the fucking A one truth right there. MJ - Wasn't bothered at all either, although musically I can listen to some of his stuff and he did have some talent, whether you liked him or not.

Neither.

Both were junkies and wasted their lives.

Cobains music, apart from a few songs, was pretty damn awful and overrated, and as a person, he was pretty pathetic quite frankly.

And Jackson.

As much as I liked a lot of his music up to and including Bad, the guy was a fucking freak after that.

The plastic surgery, the claims of mystery hereditory diseases that nobody in his family knew about, the oxygen tents, the face masks and of course the potential kiddy fiddling, the man no longer deserved to be worship by people as some kind of legend.

The world is not exactly at a loss without them!

The only deaths that I have strong feelings about are family & close friends.

As far as their music is concerned I can't stand the MJ stuff and although I liked some of Cobains music, I actually laughed when he killed himself....everything going for him and he deliberately checks out...what a moron....

There are others who I miss more and none of them are suicides....Randy Rhoads comes to mind....

i still like MJs music and its sad that i wont have the chance to see him live because thats something i would have considered in the future because the stuff off of Thriller and Dangerous is still just as good and he used to put on a great show....also there was the chance that he'd release more music thatd actually be decent, i liked Scream and that was in the last 20 years

Nirvana however, and im speaking as if i was a music fan when he died.....while i do like some songs (Sliver, In Bloom, You Know You're Right etc) i wouldnt have been too bothered about not seeing them live or them not releasing anymore music...

Could not give a shit about either !!!!!!!

Stronger feelings about Cobain, only because he should have ended it before the 'Nevermind' album and with a bigger gun.

:agree::banger:

:rofl2:

• 2 weeks later...
I liked NIRVANA, but not enough to give a rat's ass about his death. As far as M.J. is concerned, good riddance!!!!

BON SCOTT

KEITH MOON

FREDDIE MERCURY

They were heroes of mine along with many others.

I have to include DAVID GILBERT of THE ROCKETS. I just found out about his death a couple of years ago and it was such a shock. He also led a sad life.