What type of CD collector are you?

What type of CD collector are you?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, where do you fall on the CD collecting scale?

I love collecting CD's. Even with all the downloading & everything now... I'm the type of person who just has to have the actual disc. My collection isn't too big yet, but it has been growing RAPIDLY these past 3-4 years.

I have over 100 cds, but I would like to have more. Most of my collection is cassettes. I try to only keep albums that have something on it I like. If the cd or cassette is complete garbage I try to find a way to get rid of it. I don't have room for music I'll never listen to again.

Option 4 for me ! :beerbang:

Option 4 for me as well. I am always on the lookout for something I don't have in my collection. I used to get rid of cd's I didn't really care for but found out later down the road that my tastes in music are always changing and even though I might not like something now, I may pull it out a few years later and love it.

None of the options were right for me so I went with 4........

although I have to say is isnt 1000s its 1,000 odd.......and I definitely dont have any unopened. That would be music sacrilege IMO.

Option 4 for me and always open to new things. I listen to alot of different styles of stuff, so keeping up with everything can be quite a challenge all round, especially as I am a completist for certain (not all) bands/Artists. I have about 6.5 K in discs, so I really do need to slow down. A passion is a passion I suppose and Music is it!! :headbanger:

option 4. although i don't care so much for cds. if i don't have something i need on cd, mp3s will be ok. after all the best music was originally released on vinyl or tapes(with some very few exceptions)..... :tumbsup: still having some sleepless nights for some vinyls or tapes i'm still missing, but never for a cd......

all the best music was originally released on vinyl or tapes(with some very few exceptions)..... :tumbsup:

AMEN! :headbanger:

Option 4...none unopened, haha?! Consistent album from start to finish is what I search. My narrow (AOR-hard rock-traditional metal) view of music limits the options nicely. I will pay big bucks for the stuff I like and I really don't enjoy listening music from mp3's or CD-Rs.

I guess Option #2 is closest for me... I used to be a "Gotta Catch'Em All" kind of guy till storage constraints (and the realization that I was buying tons of music but actually LISTENING to only a small percentage of it) came into play... since then I've weeded out a lot of stuff, but new stuff is always coming in...

None of the options were right for me so I went with 4........

although I have to say is isnt 1000s its 1,000 odd.......and I definitely dont have any unopened. That would be music sacrilege IMO.

Preach on brother Glen. No option's right up my alley, but 4 is closest.

I sure as all f*ck don't have any unopened CDs - what's the point in that? - but I do have a few thousand and am ALWAYS on the lookout for good new music. Perfect example - I got about 25 CDs in the mail yesterday and at the same time I was downloading 5 albums I really, really want to hear. For the first time in my life, I actually do have way more CDs than I can listen to, but it always evens out eventually.

One thing about me, though, is that I try to get rid of everything I don't like asap. Whether it be in trading, sales, ebay etc. I do try. The list is currently the biggest it's been due to lack of free time, and I have a lot to get rid of, but I only like keeping the best, most consistent CDs in my collection.

all the best music was originally released on vinyl or tapes(with some very few exceptions)..... :tumbsup:

AMEN! :headbanger:

Haha... look at you cute lil ol' folk. Let me wiggle and pet the spare skin under your cute widdle wrinkly chins... "Ah... boogadaboobadaboo. Ah... boobadaboobadaboo." ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Option 4 for me as well. I am also guilty of having many that are still sealed. I just can't find the time to listen to them all. The wife doesn't care for our genre so that pretty much squashes listening to them when she's in the car.

I went with Option #3, but "couple hundred" is actually about 700 or so for me. I was never a "gotta have 'em all" kind of collector, but I did use to be far more tolerant of what I kept; nowadays, I need to really like a CD to hold onto it. Keeping a CD that I haven't listened to in the last 5 yrs. no longer makes sense for me.

I'm a combo of choices 2 & 4, and ultimately I went with # 4

I have a couple thousand CDs, BUT, I'm constantly purging stuff that no longer gets listened to. At the same time, I'm constantly adding through purchases and trading, so it's pretty much a constant turnover.

There is not anything unopened/unlistened to, and I can honestly say I've listened to all of my CDs multiple times. :tumbsup:

Option 4 for me as well. I am always on the lookout for something I don't have in my collection. I used to get rid of cd's I didn't really care for but found out later down the road that my tastes in music are always changing and even though I might not like something now, I may pull it out a few years later and love it.

I am with Rick on this one. I might as well just keep them all. I guess I could have a worse habit than rock and roll. :tumbsup:

I guess options 4 and 5 maybe I like to collect everything from 1964 to current to encompass every genre of rock, but I most like collecting cd indies from late 80's to early 90's. A note with my 12,000+ cds I have listen to everyone of them at least once all the way through

Number 5 I guess.

The only thing is, I like A.O.R, hard rock, Metal. Thrash, Doom, Punk, Death(Early). There is know way I can collect it all.

i love the way you wrote them down,my brotha. seeing again the options, you're right.option 5 will work right and for me. of course i have less things to worry about(my tastes don't have the variety of a grocery store :christmas: ). i'm missing only 2 vinyls that still giving me sleepless nights (the one had the ex UK prime minister on drums :tumbsup: and the other used to blew off stage hippies like trouble, i still have the chance to get this one but alas 500 is way too much, and my best buddy doesn't compromise for less than that, ). of course i'm still missing at least 8 great US 7" singles( rocken, emerald, far east, steel vengeance, real steel, rex vector, black virgin, china white :crying::doh: etc) and this is a real pain in the ass. let alone the unknown ones.....

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...