Dokken v. The Scorpions

Dokken v. The Scorpions  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don and the boys vs Klaus and company.... :banger:

*Decided to make the 1990 match-up (Round Three) a little more interesting by including not only Don's solo effort, but the Lynch Mob release as well against the Scorps "Crazy World".... just for shits and giggles... :P

Dokken on all counts(including Don's solo disc) except with the Scorps Unbreakable taking down Hell to Pay.

The last one was the toughest with LSA taking down Humanity Hour 1 but just barely and I might even change my mind on that one later.

For myself, it was Dokken on all counts, EXCEPT for Round Three. I took The Scorps "Crazy World" over UFTA and WS. Upon reflection, Crazy World just might be my fave Scorps disc overall, even though Love at First Sting and Savage Amusement have some killer tracks on them too! :banger:

• 2023 Gold Donors

Dokken all the way...but two great bands,two great singers.Scorpions huge influence on Don and Co.Dysfunctional and Hell To Pay are underrated..some good stuff on those.Tough poll cause both bands are exceptional.

Pretty even split for me...

TOOTH & NAIL over LOVE AT FIRST STING (tho just by a hair)

BACK FOR THE ATTACK over SAVAGE AMUSEMENT (by a mile)

CRAZY WORLD over Don & Lynch Mob

DYSFUNCTIONAL over PURE INSTINCT

UNBREAKABLE over HELL TO PAY

HUMANITY HOUR I over LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN

Corrected - Got my Dokken comparisons of 'Dysfunctional and Hell To Pay' the wrong way round - they still both lost out ;)

The Scorps come out on top, but not by a massive amount to be honest. Loads of good discs amongst these.

Love At First Sting over 'Tooth And Nail' but only just

Back For The Attack - Great Disc and much better than the patchy 'Savage Amusement'

Up From The Ashes - Absolutely love Dons solo disc even though The Scorps 'Crazy' was a goodie.

Pure Instinct - Surprisingly one of my fave later Scorps discs and hugely better than 'Dysfuncytional' which was pretty crap imo.

Unbreakable - A big return to form and better than 'Hell To Pay'

Humanity Hour 1 - The Best Scorps disc in a long time, although 'Lightning Strikes' was a solid disc.

I thought this would be an easy clean sweep for Dokken, but sadly it was not to be:

Tooth & Nail ; by miles

Back For the Attack ; by so far a distance my keyboard almost broke from me trying to make the point of how much better this is.

Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation ; to be honest, I wish I could have voted for this and Don's solo disc as I do love them equally. Maybe just one more killer track on this one? Either way, both are light years ahead of the Scorpions disc imo.

Pure Instinct ; I did f*ck up here, thinking I was voting against 'Shadowlife' for some stupid reason. This one could go either way. 'Wild Child' is the best song on both discs so I'll stick with Scorpions, 'cause I can't change it anyway. :lol:

Unbreakable ; tough one as neither album blows me away, but just a few better tracks on the Scorpions disc.

Humanity hour 1 ; imo, Scorpions' best disc so far and even though 'Lightning strikes again' is a good disc, I find this one to be better for sure.

And my winners are :

1) Scorpions "Love At First Sting"

2) Dokken "Back For The Attack"

3) Scorpions "Crazy World" but closely tied with Don Dokken's solo

4) Scorpions "Pure Instinct"

5) Scorpions "Unbreakable"

6) Unfortunately I haven't heard "Humanity Hour I" yet. But I liked Dokken "Lighning Strikes Again", so my vote goes for that one.

66.6% went to the Scorps...

1. "Tooth & Nail." Don't care much for early Dokken, but I care even less for early Scorps.

2. "Back for the Attack" by far, still Dokken's finest moment, and miles better than "Savage Amusement."

3. "Crazy World." No contest. 'Nuff said.

4. Both albums kind of sucked, but "Pure Instinct" only sucked a little dick while "Dysfunctional" was chugging cock like a skinny white boy on his first night in prison.

5. While "Hell to Pay" was a perfectly acceptable (no more, no less) Dokken CD, it doesn't hold a candle to "Unbreakable," one of Scorpions' all-time best.

6. "Humanity Hour" is Scorpions best release to date and shits all over "Lightning Strikes Again," which I consider one of the most overrated albums of 2008. I couldn't get rid of that CD fast enough...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It seems strange to me that many chose Tooth and Nail.Love At First Sting is one of the best albums in rock history.

Sure is!

Went for 'Love At First Sting', 'Back for the Attack' and 'Crazy World'. The others I don't really know, so just kind of guessed.

While I dont own any complete discographies for any of these guys, I voted for Scorps over Dokken on all of these as I far prefer The Scorps and never understood the fascination with Dokken/Lynch Mob beyond one or two songs.

I'm not saying Dokken/Lynch Mob are bad, just that I never thought they were that special.

While I dont own any complete discographies for any of these guys, I voted for Scorps over Dokken on all of these as I far prefer The Scorps and never understood the fascination with Dokken/Lynch Mob beyond one or two songs.

I'm not saying Dokken/Lynch Mob are bad, just that I never thought they were that special.

Funnily enough I'd say the exact same thing about The Scorpions. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Dokken's "Broken Bones" (2012) over Scorpions "Sting in the Tail" (2010) for me. ;-)