Bon Jovi v. Def Leppard Part Deaux

Bon Jovi v. Def Leppard  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know Yeah! matches up year wise closer to Have a Nice Day, but I want to see a death match betwen Yeah! and TLFR.... :P

Mike

I voted Leppard all the way even though I strongly dislike both X and Yeah but I can't stand newer Bon Jovi.

The Best of contest was tough but I voted for Vault in the end because the new track "When Love and Hate Collide" was a better tune by a hair than the new Bon Jovi tune "Always" IMO.

Wow, completely different story compared to first time around!!! maybe that's why I was so surprised with the first one, because I knew Def Leppard did deserve some wins:

Def Leppard - Euphoria ; a million times better than 'Crush', which was the first real disappointment for me, from Bon Jovi.

Def Leppard - X ; 'Bounce' is good, but 'X' is better. Both have fillers and 'The distance' is my favourite song from both albums, but there are more great songs on 'X' overall.

Bon Jovi - This Left Feels Right ; lol, this was like picking which STD you'd like to catch. I went with Bon Jovi but I would never in a million years listen to either again. At the end of the day, butchered as they are, the songs on 'This left' are a million times superior to those on 'Yeah'.

Bon Jovi - Lost Highway ; easy pick for me. I really don't mind 'Lost Highway' and I thought 'Sparke Face' was Leppard's worst disc of originals since their debut. Shit album.

Def Leppard - Vault ; I went for this because of 'When love and hate collide' but I forgot about 'Always'. Doesn't really matter either way. Niether compilation is great but both new songs are splendid.

Def Leppard clean sweep.

Def Leppard - Euphoria. Completely destroys 'Crush' (one of the worst BJ discs ever released)

Def Leppard - X . I am one of the few around here that really likes 'X'. Yes it's poppy, but there are some good tunes on it, so it's definitely my choice over the patchy 'Bounce'.

Def Leppard - Yeah!. Some quite good covers on the Lepp disc , and 'This Left feels Right' had some 'Interesting' versions, but was a complete disaster area overall. Both are pretty pointless though.

Def Leppard - Songs From The Sparkle Lounge. 'Sparkle' was pretty good and I have played it a fair bit over the last year and still do. 'Lost Highway' had some good moments, but not enough of them. As with most recent BJ discs, Patchy is the word that springs to mind constantly.

Def Leppard - Vault. A good compilation overall, which when compared to 'Crossroad', shows that The Lepps wrote better songs - end of story, + 'When Love And Hate' is a great tune.

I voted Leppard all the way even though I strongly dislike both X and Yeah but I can't stand newer Bon Jovi.

The Best of contest was tough but I voted for Vault in the end because the new track "When Love and Hate Collide" was a better tune by a hair than the new Bon Jovi tune "Always" IMO.

I pretty much agree with Wes. I voted DL all the way too, but I really don't like a whole lot on that list. Only "Euphoria" and "Vault" are even worth bothering with out of all those albums. All recent Bon Jovi is absolute garbage IMO.

I am surprised that so many don't like the BJ albums. Crush was an excellent album while Bounce was even better. I admit they have lost me a little with the last couple even though Lost Highway isn't total garbage. The Leps have been worse of late imo. Euphoria sounded like Adrenalize scraps (and I don't really even care for Adrenalize). I love X but like Bounce quite a bit more as it doesn't have the fillers that X has. Picking Yeah or This Left is like choosing which way you are going to die...they both suck terribly. The best of's are a toss up. Both essential if you don't have their catelogues or meaningless if you do :)

I am surprised that so many don't like the BJ albums. Crush was an excellent album while Bounce was even better. I admit they have lost me a little with the last couple even though Lost Highway isn't total garbage. The Leps have been worse of late imo. Euphoria sounded like Adrenalize scraps (and I don't really even care for Adrenalize). I love X but like Bounce quite a bit more as it doesn't have the fillers that X has. Picking Yeah or This Left is like choosing which way you are going to die...they both suck terribly. The best of's are a toss up. Both essential if you don't have their catelogues or meaningless if you do :)

Of this entire era, I think I'd probably list 'Have a nice day' as the best album from both bands. I don't know, it's tight between 'Euphoria', 'X' and 'Have a nice day' but imo they're the best three discs from these two bands in the last decade.

OK, in the first part of the post I went all for Bon Jovi, but in this part this gets very tied. Perhaps because some of the albums listed here are the worst part of the bands' careers. Here are my winners :

1) Def Leppard - Euphoria

2) Bon Jovi - Bounce

3) Def Leppard - Yeah! (Really tied, both are crap, but at least Yeah! is a rock 'n roll album)

4) Def Leppard - Songs From The Sparkle Lounge

5) Def Leppard - Vault (Also tied, but I think Vault is a better compilation)

But wait...there's one Bon Jovi album missing...Have A Nice Day, which, IMO, will kick Def Lep's Yeah! & Songs From The Sparkle lounge's ass

• 2 weeks later...

Def Leppard swept this poll cleaner than my front porch.

1. "Crush" has a few songs that make me feel euphoric, but "Euphoria" absolutely crushes it.

2. "X" hits the spot on this one, and gives the bounce to "Bounce," even though I think that's a perfectly acceptable Bon Jovi album.

3. "Yeah!" was an aural abomination equivalent to a diarrhetic elephant shitting loudly into my auditory canal, but "This Left Feels Right" was so vile that the Antichrist has made it his official album.

4. This was a close one for me, as both were pretty solid (albeit unspectacular) offerings, but in the end I went with "Songs from the Sparkle Lounge" simply because I tend to play it more than "Lost Highway." No real reason why...just the way it is.

5. No contest here. "Crossroad" is lucky to see my stereo once a year. Plus "The Vault" has "When Love & Hate Collide," a truly awesome Def Lep song.

DL all the way except for Bounce over X.

ANYTHING is better than X!!! :hammer: Well, maybe not This Left Feels Right. How in the heck can you butcher so many great songs in one CD? :screwy:

Could not agree any more......This Left Feels Right would have to be one of the biggest loads of shit "EVER" released by any artist :puke:

DL all the way except for Bounce over X.

ANYTHING is better than X!!! :hammer: Well, maybe not This Left Feels Right. How in the heck can you butcher so many great songs in one CD? :screwy:

Backed!! :beerbang:

As I mentioned in the previous thread, this time it was more spread out on the voting for me.

While I absolutely love Crush, I always felt that after the tepid Slang, Euphoria was a huge return to the clasic Lep sound of Pyromania through to Adrenalize, which was my fave Lep era.

Overall, I think Euphoria was the stronger album as well.

Bounce gets the nod over X as Bounce was a really good album, and X was pure unadulterated tripe.

X sounded more like Back Street Boys than Def Leppard, so this was no contest for me!

Yeah, I really liked as I am a sucker for cover songs and cover albums, but TLFR just stunk to holy hell!

The concept was well intentioned, and could have been really interesting, but the delivery failed to live up to the hype.

As much as I hate X, I hate this one even more.

Lost Highway wins it over Sparkle because I found Sparkle to be a bit dull.

I wouldnt say I was the biggest fan of Highway, but it did have more tunes that hooked me, whereas there was barely anything that stood out on Sparkle.

Both competent listenable discs, but far from the material these two should be supplying.

Sparkle though, was a million miles better than X.

As for the two greatest hits packages, I'd plump for Jovi over Lep purely based on the fact that I am a bigger Jovi fan than Lep fan.

Both albums though are truly magnificent!

Crap XXXX

Crap XXXXXXX

Crap XXXXXXX

Crap XXXX

Crap XXXXX

Crap XXXXX

Crap XXXXXX

Crap XXXX

Crap XXXXXXX

Crap XXX

Well, it looks like crap is gonna run away with this one... :rolleyes:

Crap XXXX

Crap XXXXXXX

Crap XXXXXXX

Crap XXXX

Crap XXXXX

Crap XXXXX

Crap XXXXXX

Crap XXXX

Crap XXXXXXX

Crap XXX

Well, it looks like crap is gonna run away with this one... :rolleyes:

I was kinda thinking the same. Except for the GH collections, basically ALL of these releases are weaker than ALL of the releases in Part 1 of this poll.

Both groups have definitely slid downhill.

• 7 months later...