Favorite Classic AOR Band

Favorite Classic AOR Band  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta give this one to Journey! The vocals of Steve Perry put them in a whole other league if you ask me...

Boston would come in 2nd, and Foreigner would probably make 3rd on my list.

I honestly don't really like any of these bands (bar a few good songs/albums), but here's my ranking:

1. Journey - admittedly they do have quite a few decent songs in the catalogue, even if there are more duds. The new disc is probably all that got them above Survivor to be honest.

2. Survivor - 'Vital signs' is a nice enough disc and 'Too hot to sleep' is the best album any of these bands has released. Their new one a few years back was okay too. They would have been my top choice until Journey's 2008 release. Not a bad band, to be honest.

3. Foreigner - Love the 'Mr Moonlight' disc... got no time at all for the rest.

4. Boston - Don't like anything from them, but they have a few harmless tunes I guess.

5. Toto - From what I've heard of these bands, these guys are by far the worst. That 1992 album I heard from them was almost okay-ish at best (well, 3 songs anyway), but if I recall correctly the rest have been absolutely terrible.

For all AOR lovers, ALL top quality bands. A few dud discs here and there, but VERY consistent in all their discographies.

Toto

Journey

Foreigner

Survivor

Boston

I chose Journey because Neal Schon is one of my favorite guitarists. The guy has great tone, killer chops and a bluesy feel that's missing on most AOR albums. Not to mention a talent for writing memorable hooks.

But truth be told, my favorite AOR band is not in the poll.

That would be the Babys. :banana:

Survivor The most Legendary AOR band of all times for me. Because they have te Perfect style of AOR they are 100% AOR/3 Super Albums (84-86-88)/Eye Of The Tiger(The AOR anthem of our Planet)/Soundtracks(The best AOR band in OST)/Jimi Jamison-Jim Peterik. Survivor is The Immortal band.

1-Journey

2-Boston

3-Toto

4-Foreigner

Never cared much about Survivor

Boston for me. They were the first band that I really fell in love with. I loved the guitars and Delps voice. I have to admit the wait for new songs was very frustrating I was still excited when I heard of a new release. Musically they fell off for me after Walk On, though Corporate America had a couple of songs I liked.

Journey is a close second with Foreigner a strong 3rd. I didn't really get into Toto or Survivor much.

I honestly don't really like any of these bands (bar a few good songs/albums), but here's my ranking:

1. Journey - admittedly they do have quite a few decent songs in the catalogue, even if there are more duds. The new disc is probably all that got them above Survivor to be honest.

2. Survivor - 'Vital signs' is a nice enough disc and 'Too hot to sleep' is the best album any of these bands has released. Their new one a few years back was okay too. They would have been my top choice until Journey's 2008 release. Not a bad band, to be honest.

4. Boston - Don't like anything from them, but they have a few harmless tunes I guess.

5. Toto - From what I've heard of these bands, these guys are by far the worst. That 1992 album I heard from them was almost okay-ish at best (well, 3 songs anyway), but if I recall correctly the rest have been absolutely terrible.

Ye Gods was there any point posting in this thread!

Journey for me by a country mile..........3 of the most classic AOR albums of all time - Evolution / Infinity / Escape.......all virtually filler free.

Then Survivor - Vital Signs and Every Second Counts are both great. Too Hot To Sleep is a killer melodic hard rock album for me (AOR ?? not really).

Next up Toto. I like their discography, but IV is the real classic - a top 10 AOR album for me.

I like both Foreigner and Boston (esp the 'Dont Look Back' album!) but not real favs of mine.

:drink:

I gotta give this one to Journey! The vocals of Steve Perry put them in a whole other league if you ask me...

Boston would come in 2nd, and Foreigner would probably make 3rd on my list.

I'm gonna go with that too, except I think Foreigner would take the #2 spot from Boston. Toto and Survivor wouldn't even make my list, just too light for these metal ears. :beerbang:

I'm Not a Big AOR fan But I gotta give this one to TOTO, who are

arguably the Best Musicians in this scene, Steve "The Shredder" Lukather

is so fucking good it's funny...he does NOT get the Credit he's due. Most People

will go on and on about how great Neal Schon is, I think Steve blows him out of the water...Not to mention the fact that Steve Is also the #1 Session Guy of All Time!!

is so fucking good it's funny...he does NOT get the Credit he's due. Most People

will go on and on about how great Neal Schon is, I think Steve blows him out of the water...Not to mention the fact that Steve Is also the #1 Session Guy of All Time!!

I love Neal Schons playing, but undoubtedly Luke is a better player by quite a distance.

Ye Gods was there any point posting in this thread!

No surprise really mate, as Geoff really isn't a big AOR fan by his own admission, especially as all these are pre '84. Between them, they only have nearly 50 albums to choose from, so not alot of choice really. :D

A ccept

O verkill

R att

...not 'aor' but there ya go.

:lol: Right there with ya, except mine would be

Annihilator

Overkill

Raven

I love Neal Schons playing, but undoubtedly Luke is a better player by quite a distance.

Backed. Still don't like Toto though... :(

How bout the Tin Man? Dorothy? PLEASE REPLY NOW!! :rofl2:

A ccept

O verkill

R att

...not 'aor' but there ya go.

:lol: Right there with ya, except mine would be

Annihilator

Overkill

Raven

:rofl2: ..okay..Mine would be...let's go to the other end of the Musical spectrum..well sorta...

Arch Enemy

Opeth

Reverend

Heathen ;)