Vince Neil to record solo album in April 2009

heaven&hell

From Blabbermouth(from Rollingstone.com):

RollingStone.com: Any more solo projects in the works?

Vince: I'll be recording my record in April, when MÖTLEY's off, before Crüe Fest 2 starts. Then I'll probably release it in early November, when MÖTLEY's finishing this tour.

RollingStone.com: Are you in the same state of mind with the solo projects?

Vince: No, it's a different set of guys, a different style of music. It's a little more aggressive than MÖTLEY, more like an AC/DC vein. Obviously, we play smaller places, which is cool with me. I get the best of both worlds. I love playing in theaters, and I don't mind opening for somebody else. It's very humbling but it's cool.

From Blabbermouth(from Rollingstone.com):

RollingStone.com: Any more solo projects in the works?

Vince: I'll be recording my record in April, when MÖTLEY's off, before Crüe Fest 2 starts. Then I'll probably release it in early November, when MÖTLEY's finishing this tour.

RollingStone.com: Are you in the same state of mind with the solo projects?

Vince: No, it's a different set of guys, a different style of music. It's a little more aggressive than MÖTLEY, more like an AC/DC vein. Obviously, we play smaller places, which is cool with me. I get the best of both worlds. I love playing in theaters, and I don't mind opening for somebody else. It's very humbling but it's cool.

To which he then added, "...besides whenever I'm feeling a little insecure and powerless, I can always cancel a gig at the last minute leaving my opening band stranded in Saskatchewan. That always makes me feel a little better..." ;)

a different style of music. It's a little more aggressive than MÖTLEY, more like an AC/DC vein.

Does this make an ounce of sense to anyone else??? Since when have AC/DC been more agressive than Motley Crue?

a different style of music. It's a little more aggressive than MÖTLEY, more like an AC/DC vein.

Does this make an ounce of sense to anyone else??? Since when have AC/DC been more agressive than Motley Crue?

I'd say that old AC/DC like "Let There Be Rock" and "Powerage" along with "Back in Black" and "Flick of the Switch" was every bit as agressive as early Motley Crue. Of course that's all just a matter of opinion.

With you being from Australia you should know that AC/DC was every bit to that scene what Motley was to the Sun Strip scene. Meaning they were just as wild off stage as they were on. And with Bon Scott he probably did everything that Motley described doing in "The Dirt" book and then some.

I loved both of his solo albums equally so I'll be picking it up!

I'd love to hear some new stuff too and I did enjoy most of the second release but it paled in comparison to the awesome "Exposed" disc IMO.

I don't compare them because they are so different. I love the melodicness of Exposed but love the ballz of Carved in Stone. Not to mention the guitarist smokes! I believe the guy who played on Wildside's Under the Influence?

I'd love to hear some new stuff too and I did enjoy most of the second release but it paled in comparison to the awesome "Exposed" disc IMO.

I don't compare them because they are so different. I love the melodicness of Exposed but love the ballz of Carved in Stone. Not to mention the guitarist smokes! I believe the guy who played on Wildside's Under the Influence?

Yes that was Brent Woods.

The lyrics were just so dark and the scratching on Breakin the Gun really threw me off at first.

The lyrics were just so dark and the scratching on Breakin the Gun really threw me off at first.

I really never got into that ''Carved in Stone' CD at all. I either sold it or it's been sitting in my "to-sell" pile for about 5 years. I just couldn't get into any of those songs. 'Exposed' is pretty sweet though.

I'd say that old AC/DC like "Let There Be Rock" and "Powerage" along with "Back in Black" and "Flick of the Switch" was every bit as agressive as early Motley Crue. Of course that's all just a matter of opinion.

With you being from Australia you should know that AC/DC was every bit to that scene what Motley was to the Sun Strip scene. Meaning they were just as wild off stage as they were on. And with Bon Scott he probably did everything that Motley described doing in "The Dirt" book and then some.

Oh yeah, not denying AC/DC are an aggressive enough band but I would never have labelled them any more or less aggressive than Motley Crue. Just seems like an odd thing to say.

It's almost as silly as saying something like "We don't want to sound like Def leppard, but we aim to make an album that sounds like BB Steal."

Yep that's it, from Wildside. I really love this cd and I liked it from the beginning. Geoff, I didn't figure you would care for it. You might spin it again just to be safe though ;)

I really never got into that ''Carved in Stone' CD at all. I either sold it or it's been sitting in my "to-sell" pile for about 5 years. I just couldn't get into any of those songs. 'Exposed' is pretty sweet though.

Oh yeah, not denying AC/DC are an aggressive enough band but I would never have labelled them any more or less aggressive than Motley Crue. Just seems like an odd thing to say.

It's almost as silly as saying something like "We don't want to sound like Def leppard, but we aim to make an album that sounds like BB Steal."

Well that makes no sense at all. :unsure:

Yep that's it, from Wildside. I really love this cd and I liked it from the beginning. Geoff, I didn't figure you would care for it. You might spin it again just to be safe though ;)

Oh please man... not again. :lol:

Well that makes no sense at all. :unsure:

Just like Vince's original statement.

To which he then added, "...besides whenever I'm feeling a little insecure and powerless, I can always cancel a gig at the last minute leaving my opening band stranded in Saskatchewan. That always makes me feel a little better..." ;)

:rofl2: ..His Loss... :banger:

• 2 weeks later...

While I would certainly pick Exposed over Carved in stone, as the style on Exposed is my main music style of choice (its the best Crue album they never made), I do love Carved in stone for its pure attitude, only to end on one of the most personal and emotional ballads you will ever hear.

I also liked the internet single, Promise me, that he released a few years ago, so I have high hopes for a new album!

For once Geoff makes sense. I really thought that "Carved In Stone" sucked big time. "Exposed" on the other hand was (still is) great. So if the new release will be in the vein of "Carved..." I'm not gonna get it.

For once Geoff makes sense. I really thought that "Carved In Stone" sucked big time. "Exposed" on the other hand was (still is) great. So if the new release will be in the vein of "Carved..." I'm not gonna get it.

Found out when I was filing my CDs that yes, I did sell that one. Thankfully. :)

Just received the information that Vince Neil cancelled his whole tour in Europe. Sold tickets will be reimbursed, though.

:loser:

as would the Message CD cause that thing goes for £60 these days :o

except for the 2 on ebay at the moment selling for $18 and $20 'buy it now'.

ah, but i have the harder to find 1999 pressing with 16 tracks on it (incuding a cover of Aldo Nova's Medicine Man :tumbsup:) those two are the more common 10 track versions

the escape version is £30 at Amazon atm;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B...p;condition=new

it took me like 2 months to find the Escape version for less than £30, no-one could get a copy in -_-

athough i should thank Jez really (!), he found one New on Amazon for £6

as would the Message CD cause that thing goes for £60 these days :o

except for the 2 on ebay at the moment selling for $18 and $20 'buy it now'.

ah, but i have the harder to find 1999 pressing with 16 tracks on it (incuding a cover of Aldo Nova's Medicine Man :tumbsup:) those two are the more common 10 track versions

the escape version is £30 at Amazon atm;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B...p;condition=new

it took me like 2 months to find the Escape version for less than £30, no-one could get a copy in -_-

athough i should thank Jez really (!), he found one New on Amazon for £6

You can pick the Escape version up for under a fiver on Amazon at the mo. Don't know what it is with this disc, I see them cheap quite often.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lessons-Message/dp...0973&sr=8-2