Hiding your addiction

cdjunky41

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me!

My wife is home everytime I get home..

How am I supposed to weasel a few discs through the mail if she's always there... :doh:

:rofl2:

Not Funny Wes! :P

Today, she threw me a curve ball. I waited till 2:00 today to head down to see ANVIL. I also only picked up one c.d.

The store is over an hour from where I live...

I hate my wife's new job!!! :doh:

Fuck me!

My wife is home everytime I get home..

How am I supposed to weasel a few discs through the mail if she's always there... :doh:

:rofl2:

Not Funny Wes! :P

Today, she threw me a curve ball. I waited till 2:00 today to head down to see ANVIL. I also only picked up one c.d.

The store is over an hour from where I live...

I hate my wife's new job!!! :doh:

Luckily I'm the only one that gets the mail during the week so I can get away with ordering a disc here and there unless it shows up on the weekend and then I have some explaining to do.

I went to the Wal-Mart on my way to work Tuesday morning to pick up the new Megadeth CD. I know that buying CDs @ Walmart is sooooo not metal but any port in a storm. Haha.

I went to the Wal-Mart on my way to work Tuesday morning to pick up the new Megadeth CD. I know that buying CDs @ Walmart is sooooo not metal but any port in a storm. Haha.

Are you saying that there's other stores besides Walmart that sell cds? :lol:

If there are, they aren't anywhere near where I work. :crying:

I hear you. I don't have any stores in my town besides some place called Pamida that's like a mini Walmart I guess. The closest Walmart is 30 miles away and there's a used cd shop there but doesn't carry to much new stuff. The closest Best Buy and real record store is 90 miles away.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't say that I "hide" purchases because my wife has access to the bank, the credit card accounts and my CD database.....it's tough when they know your passwords! I have the green light to buy things as long as the bills are paid, we save a little, and I don't go overboard. When we started out back in '97, I had a few hundred discs.....maybe 300 or 400. Now my collection has swelled to way over 3500 (an educated guess, could be more!) and it's obvious that I keep bringing home my precious treasures because of the growing pile on my desk and the need for more CD cases to store them. Unless its a Bon Jovi CD, she's not that interested anyway.....

• 3 weeks later...

I hear you. I don't have any stores in my town besides some place called Pamida that's like a mini Walmart I guess. The closest Walmart is 30 miles away and there's a used cd shop there but doesn't carry to much new stuff. The closest Best Buy and real record store is 90 miles away.

Good ol pamida :) ...We have one in Belle Fourche here.

• 1 month later...

Got busted today!!! :crying:

She knew about my little excursion yesterday. Today, we got home the same time. She changed her job, so she's home more.. She was miffed, but I think she's over it :unsure: I think she was more pissed that I bought a d.v.d. as well.

Since I got it from a food market (SHOPRITE), she said to me "YOUR NOT EVEN SAFE AT SHOPRITE?". :baneed:

Oh Well! A little foot rub and some sweet talk, all will be well..

I have to leave my RETROSPECT order in the mailbox til she goes to sleep...

I'm slipping in my old age...

Got busted today!!! :crying:

She knew about my little excursion yesterday. Today, we got home the same time. She changed her job, so she's home more.. She was miffed, but I think she's over it :unsure: I think she was more pissed that I bought a d.v.d. as well.

Since I got it from a food market (SHOPRITE), she said to me "YOUR NOT EVEN SAFE AT SHOPRITE?". :baneed:

Oh Well! A little foot rub and some sweet talk, all will be well..

I have to leave my RETROSPECT order in the mailbox til she goes to sleep...

I'm slipping in my old age...

:lol: You're a very naughty boy.

Now when Is my latest lot of orders (about 6 or 7 seperate ones) gonna show up? ;)

:lol: You're a very naughty boy.

Now when Is my latest lot of orders (about 6 or 7 seperate ones) gonna show up? ;)

Sorry Jezster!

That only works on my wife...

I can send Geoff if you like? :gone:

I'll pass on that mate thanx :puking:

Got busted today!! :crying:

She knew about my little excursion yesterday. She changed her job, so she's home more. She was miffed, but I think she's over it. :unsure: I think she was more pissed that I bought a DVD as well.

Since I got it from a food market (SHOPRITE), she said to me "YOU'RE NOT EVEN SAFE AT SHOPRITE?"

Oh well! A little foot rub and some sweet talk, all will be well...

Dude, you are my hero. Even though the missus was pissed at you, you still got her to give you a foot rub and talk sweet to you. You da man!!!

Hey cdj I went back & read this whole thread & was rather amused at your cd/wife misadventures...they almost played out like a weird comedy/soap opera/espionage thriller & I found myself rather enthralled in that tangled web of deceit! Man just do whatever you need to do to feed your habit, that's half the fun of collecting! I never had that trouble with my wife (who's now my ex for almost 3 yrs. but we still live together..go figure) she always wanted to see what I bought, how rare it was & if I got a good deal on it, which I usually always did. It also helps that her favorite band of all time is Y&T & she still digs some of the hair metal.. ;)

Thanx Steve!

Everything I say, is the truth (Funny or Not). I should be saving up for my 10 year anniversary. We are supposed to go to Las Vegas in september. That is one reason of my hiding & lying.

My wife is not much of a music lover and when she does listen to music, she listens to BILLIE JOEL, BETT MIDLER and anything else you find on the radio. Although, I did meet her at a QUIET RIOT concert.

She also doesn't keep her c.d.'s in any condition (Which is a crime in itself). So she is banned from even looking at my collection..

Thanx Steve!

Everything I say, is the truth (Funny or Not). I should be saving up for my 10 year anniversary. We are supposed to go to Las Vegas in september. That is one reason of my hiding & lying.

My wife is not much of a music lover and when she does listen to music, she listens to BILLIE JOEL, BETT MIDLER and anything else you find on the radio. Although, I did meet her at a QUIET RIOT concert.

She also doesn't keep her c.d.'s in any condition (Which is a crime in itself). So she is banned from even looking at my collection..

there's no beginning, there's no end....there's no reason to pretend.... we ' ve got to save our love....

Well I'm away for work for the next couple of months so everything I purchase she's going to know about...DAMMIT!!!! Thank goodness she thinks I purhased a lot of CD's after X-Mas (which I did) but she doesn't know how many. I won't get to listen to them either til I get home.

• 3 weeks later...

I do have 3 things working in my favor :tumbsup:

#1-Separated bank accounts/ it's been that way for ever, so why change?

#2-She never goes up to my Loft (Man Cave)/ I would totally be screwed :whistle:

#3-I always get the mail/ See # 2

Tonight, I waited until she went to bed to bring the mail in (PACKAGE INTERCEPTED :nyanya: )

#2-She never goes up to my Loft (Man Cave)/ I would totally be screwed :whistle:

Tonight, I waited until she went to bed to bring the mail in (PACKAGE INTERCEPTED :nyanya: )

We also have separate bank accounts but she knows how much I spend on CD's...not pretty.

• 3 weeks later...

CLUTCH gave me an idea :idea:

Since everyone here trades c.d.'s, keep a package of blank c.d.'s lying around. When I'm expecting a package, Tell Mrs Junky I'm trading with someone.

Must tell you, My wife actually thought C.D. Baby was a girl. She read one of my e-mails that said CD BABY LOVES CD JUNKY.

I will have to try this though..

Thanks Chris!!! :tumbsup:

CLUTCH gave me an idea :idea:

Since everyone here trades c.d.'s, keep a package of blank c.d.'s lying around. When I'm expecting a package, Tell Mrs Junky I'm trading with someone.

Must tell you, My wife actually thought C.D. Baby was a girl. She read one of my e-mails that said CD BABY LOVES CD JUNKY.

I will have to try this though..

Thanks Chris!!! :tumbsup:

Keep me posted on the results. Hope it works out for you.

This is kind of a side note (I'm lucky my wife pays no attention to my music obsession), but I've been grabbing some stuff that is out of print (and stock is getting low) from multiple places. So many different places in fact that my credit card company called to verify the purchases. :tumbsup:

We also have separate bank accounts but she knows how much I spend on CD's...not pretty.

Separate bank accounts are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Just seen this for the first time, fantastic thread!!!

I am living this as well, my wife will absolutely not tolerate me buying CDs as she knows I am addicted and have got into a lot of debt in the past.

What do I do about this?

Well, would it be wrong to get CDs sent to my parents' address...?

:tsk: