Hiding your addiction

cdjunky41

I've been well and truly caught - missus found a credit card statement with a long list of CD purchases on it, she went a bit like this: :explode:

She ain't happy, just about managed to calm her down. Going to have to have a break from buying for a while... Oops! :doh:

Note to oneself - Always cover your trail. ;)

BTW, Who wears the trousers at home mate? :lol:

Who wears the trousers? Huh! You're asking me who wears the trousers? Tsk.

... she does, big time!

Trail usually covered, she did a bit of prying, erm, I mean cleaning, the rest is history. Tough break, but it's going to mean a few CD-less months. Still, I have a huge backlog to get through, so there is a bright side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there James!! :tumbsup:

My shopping has dropped big time..

In fact, there's very little I have to hide from the Mrs.

Since We're getting new windows put in our house and a vacation in october, my dry spell may last awhile.. :crying:

I don't believe I posted this twice.. :doh:

Dry spells suck. Big time. Might have to buy Tour de Force - World on Fire before I stop buying for a long, long time though.

Oops! I just did! :tumbsup:

Good for you James!! :tumbsup:

I was pretty bad myself today.. Told the Mrs I spent $40.00 dollars today. In all honesty, it was close to $70.

It will be my last big haul for awhile..

We are very, very bad people. :tumbsup:

Sorry to hear that Dave.. :(

Shit happens mate and i will bounce back and there is always secondhand stores that i can hunt in :tumbsup:

Good luck fella, fingers crossed for you. :drink:

I was pretty bad myself today.. Told the Mrs I spent $40.00 dollars today. In all honesty, it was close to $70.

The scarey thing was, we both got home the same time last night. I had this huge bag with me and she didn't say "Only $40. Huh?". I was definitely a close call...

The scarey thing was, we both got home the same time last night. I had this huge bag with me and she didn't say "Only $40. Huh?". I was definitely a close call...

:bowdown:

• 1 month later...

My spidey sense told me the TEN SECONDS OVER TOKYO c.d. was in the mail today. Knowing the mrs was home and sits in clear view of the mailbox. I took my sweatshirt with me and (low & behold) It was there. I wrapped it in the shirt and went into my house. I left it on the stairs in hopes she will not see it.. She just went to bed and my newborn is safe up stairs.. :tumbsup:

I do miss this excitement.. It's been way too long..

My spidey sense told me the TEN SECONDS OVER TOKYO c.d. was in the mail today. Knowing the mrs was home and sits in clear view of the mailbox. I took my sweatshirt with me and (low & behold) It was there. I wrapped it in the shirt and went into my house. I left it on the stairs in hopes she will not see it.. She just went to bed and my newborn is safe up stairs.. :tumbsup:

Good work! :tumbsup:

It's a nightmare when you get caught though. I have my own bank account and changed to online statements recently, but the stupid arseholes sent me a paper one as well this month for no apparent reason. £75 on CDs in a month; wife opened it and gave me a massive earful. :doh:

She'll kick me out if it doesn't stop! My only hope is to spend so much that she literally explodes when she sees the next statement. ;)

I feel your pain James.. I know a guy who has this massive NASCAR Model car collection. He actually went out and got a p.o. box from the local post office to hide his addiction.

That's actually a brilliant Idea, but It's the thrill of almost getting caught. Is what i'm after..

You are really risking a helluva lot just for buying THAT CD !! :rofl2:

I feel your pain James.. I know a guy who has this massive NASCAR Model car collection. He actually went out and got a p.o. box from the local post office to hide his addiction.

That's actually a brilliant Idea, but It's the thrill of almost getting caught. Is what i'm after..

Ha ha .. ! I know what you mean ! I could have my CD's shipped to my company address, but I am not doing that for the same reasons !! :P

Ha ha .. ! I know what you mean ! I could have my CD's shipped to my company address, but I am not doing that for the same reasons !! :P

I think I mentioned this before. I did it once with MONSTER records. Since my company is renting off the UPS building, my shipment went there instead of my company. I can't risk that again..

I've had CDs sent to a friend's address before, or even my parents' place. Then I have to smuggle them into the house in my rucksack.

I've had CDs sent to a friend's address before, or even my parents' place. Then I have to smuggle them into the house in my rucksack.

Dude stuff them around the waistband of your pants(around the back works best) and just strut in the door and quickly hide them,works for me all the time.

We also have a thick dense bush out the front door that i've hidden my booty in before i go in the front door,yeah i know it's sad i have to sink so low but it's worth it.

Dude stuff them around the waistband of your pants(around the back works best) and just strut in the door and quickly hide them,works for me all the time.

We also have a thick dense bush out the front door that i've hidden my booty in before i go in the front door,yeah i know it's sad i have to sink so low but it's worth it.

I hope there's no one reading this who lives near you and has similar taste in music! ;)

• 2 months later...