Hiding your addiction

cdjunky41

Reading through this and certainly enjoying the saga of cd's and our less than understanding spousal units, got me wondering if, now this is a HUGE what if?

One day you got the ultimatum: "Its the cd's or me!?"

What do you suppose you'd do? Personally I've tiptoed around this very question on a number of occations and thankfully I'm still married and still in possession of ALL of my cd's.

The question does weigh heavy on my mind at times and today I don't know what my answer would be. As I stated above I love my wife, but my music is truly a passion too...

I don't know what road I'd choose and I hope I never have too.

:popcorn:

Would there seriously be a choice if it came down to that, though? It wouldn't be about what you prefer anymore - music or a wife. It'd be about the fact that she forced that choice upon you. If it got that bad it'd surely have to be the CDs without a doubt. I love my wife a hell of a lot more than I love my CDs, obviously. But, in my case anyway, she wouldn't be the girl I married anymore if it came to that.

And James... your wife checks the year of release on your CDs? Holy shit. This shit's getting crazy. :lol:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James, that's really crazy stuff man hahaha i can picture how every morning she nods to your library and start wiping the dust off while checking the back sleeve of the discs.

1986.. passed

2011.. busted one

1990.. passed

1991.. passed

2011.. errr.. got another one!

1990.. passed.. err.. wait, this is has year 2010 on it, probably a reissue, he must have bought it recently!

and then a screaming was heard from the living room

"Jamesssss.. come here!"

:bananamac: :bananamac: :quagmire: :quagmire:

BUSTED!!!!

Got a package in the mail today. When I tried to bring it in the house, she was standing right there. :doh: (She should have been sleeping on the couch, like she normally does). I told her it was only a $7.00 purchase (Which was actually the truth :angel: ).

Then she tells me "F.Y.E. called, they said your order is in" FUCK!! I forgot about ordering the dvd for THE WAKING DEAD searies 1. When I did order it, I thought they had my cell phone number..

Since I haven't been buying much and it's close to my birthday, she let it slide.

I do need to cover my tracks better..

So, did you get spanked?

My birthday is coming up, so she let these few slide, plus I really didn't spend that much for her to complain. I'm more pissed, because I was sloppy and took her for granted.

Reading through this and certainly enjoying the saga of cd's and our less than understanding spousal units, got me wondering if, now this is a HUGE what if?

One day you got the ultimatum: "Its the cd's or me!?"

What do you suppose you'd do? Personally I've tiptoed around this very question on a number of occations and thankfully I'm still married and still in possession of ALL of my cd's.

The question does weigh heavy on my mind at times and today I don't know what my answer would be. As I stated above I love my wife, but my music is truly a passion too...

I don't know what road I'd choose and I hope I never have too.

:popcorn:

Lastly: Every time I read Mr. Junkies and JE's posts I can't help playing in my head that Stuttering John tune "Talk My Way Out Of It".

That's a question that Mrs Junky never asked. She knows it's my hobby and it's been around longer than she has. She just asks that I tone it down a notch.

I may be out of a job in a month or two, so I do have to tone it down.

If I had to pick..

My c.d.'s cannot give me sex

They cannot give me shelter

They cannot pay my bills

If my wife only asks to cut back on the shopping, I will try my best.

That's my story and I will refuse to take a lie detectors test.. :whistle:

Two CDs arrived in today's mail. Fortunately one was a promo and the other was a trade from a friend @ another forum. Wife tossed me the envelopes and sez "These were freebies, right?" Whew! Thankfully they both were!!

i really like this thread and the saga of Mr and Mrs cdjunky41, keep it going on bro :christmas::guitbannana:

It is a great thread. I suspect that Mrs cdjunky41 is a tad more lenient than Mrs JamesEagle. My missus has threatened something similar to what Geoff was talking about, i.e. dumping a load of my CDs. She would do it, too, so I've got to be careful for a while. What I'm really worried about is that there are about 10 releases I'm looking forward to this year, but if she sees a CD with '2011' on it, I can say goodbye to my CDs (and quite possibly my balls).

Too bad you can't tell her you traded with someone.. I'll cover for you.

I think of what that great man (Winston Churchill) said.

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Compact Discs, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender.

Two CDs arrived in today's mail. Fortunately one was a promo and the other was a trade from a friend @ another forum. Wife tossed me the envelopes and sez "These were freebies, right?" Whew! Thankfully they both were!!

They never seem to believe it anyway Keef..

James, that's really crazy stuff man hahaha i can picture how every morning she nods to your library and start wiping the dust off while checking the back sleeve of the discs.

1986.. passed

2011.. busted one

1990.. passed

1991.. passed

2011.. errr.. got another one!

1990.. passed.. err.. wait, this is has year 2010 on it, probably a reissue, he must have bought it recently!

and then a screaming was heard from the living room

"Jamesssss.. come here!"

:bananamac: :bananamac: :quagmire: :quagmire:

:lol:

No, she doesn't check them! I just meant if she happened to notice it, if a CD was left somewhere and she picked it up, that kind of thing. Unlikely, but my missus is like a f*ckin' bloodhound sometimes! (Just to clarify - I'm not talking about her face. ;))

I will never understand my wife.. :blink:

For my Birthday, she gave me a card and a $100.00 gift card from Vintage Vinyl.

Gotta run :gone:

Be afraid... be very afraid. The world is no longer in balance.

*PREDICTION ~ She'll be asking a big favor of you within 2 week.

I will never understand my wife.. :blink:

For my Birthday, she gave me a card and a $100.00 gift card from Vintage Vinyl.

Gotta run :gone:

Be afraid... be very afraid. The world is no longer in balance.

*PREDICTION ~ She'll be asking a big favor of you within 2 week.

DOH!!! :doh:

My wife is very drunk and sound asleep ... but I bet she'd still see if I went on to Amazon or eBay... :unsure:

My wife is very drunk and sound asleep ... but I bet she'd still see if I went on to Amazon or eBay... :unsure:

You need an alias.. :anon:

:aw:

Or a second job.

Or maybe an affair...

you need a secretary so your track will be covered.. and an affair at the same time :christmas:

Good call! So all I need to do now is find a secretary who is really fit and happy to work for free. Should be simple... :D

you need a secretary so your track will be covered.. and an affair at the same time :christmas:

Good call! So all I need to do now is find a secretary who is really fit and happy to work for free. Should be simple... :D

I'll ask my missus and get back to ya ;)

I'll ask my missus and get back to ya ;)

:lol:

Damn!!!

I got busted again.. :doh:

I got a package in the mail yesterday (One dvd), so I put the envelope in the garbage. Never thought the Mrs would do a little digging..

If you don't hear from me after today, I will miss you all... :crying:

Damn!!!

I got a package in the mail yesterday (One dvd), so I put the envelope in the garbage. Never thought the Mrs would do a little digging..

Don't worry, you'll still be able to type after she cuts your balls off. ;)

Damn!!!

Don't worry, you'll still be able to type after she cuts your balls off. ;)

Might be a bit hard sitting down to type with all the discomfort but i'm sure you'll manage just fine that is if you havn,t been cut up into little pieces joining the dvd in the bin. :lol:

Well,

I went to her job and fest up to the drunk shopping (Truth). I told her that I bought the dvd while I was drunk (Truth). She was a little mad. She claims I buy dvd's and not watch them.. I told her I was watching one when I came home. She said "Just to prove me wrong". Now, I'll have a package from PeterPoland coming and I have to get it in..

I am now wondering if my wife has a spy (Her friend). I came home last week with one of my c.d.'s on the table. She claimed that her friend wanted me to burn it for her.

I hope it's just my paranoia and not the truth.

P.S.

I stopped bye Borders and picked up a c.d. just to feel like a man again..