Beau Nasty - "Dirty, But Well Dressed"

rob62972

I thought I'd share with you guys one of the best releases from the late '80's. These guys RAWKED!! Produced by Beau Hill, this disc sounds great!

Enjoy it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5YMPPQRW

dirty.jpg

If you have never heard these guys, download this baby right now!!! What a kickin' album, just too bad the guys never hit it big.

If you have never heard these guys, download this baby right now!!! What a kickin' album, just too bad the guys never hit it big.

I agree. This still receives plenty of plays by me. :banger:

Yeah, I always liked it too, which I guess says something as I wasn't too big a fan of these type of vocalists. A couple of lesser tracks, but some gems too. Definitely worth picking up the dl if you don't have it.

I liked the 'Love Potion #9' cover too.

If I had to pick a favorite track, I'd probably go with Gemini.

Yeah, that'd have to be my fave too, followed amazingly closely by the two stellar ballads, 'Paradise in the sand' and 'Make a wish' (which I actually much prefer over the great Jesse Strange version).

If I had to pick a favorite track, I'd probably go with Gemini.

Yeah, that'd have to be my fave too, followed amazingly closely by the two stellar ballads, 'Paradise in the sand' and 'Make a wish' (which I actually much prefer over the great Jesse Strange version).

I love Jesse Strange but I also prefer this version of "Make a Wish", probably because it's the first version I heard. And "Paradise In The Sand" is an awesome ballad! (we really need an emoticon of a smiley holding up a lighter :lol: )

• 2 weeks later...

I really love this one!! Some great songs, and contrary to quite a few people, i like the vocals. Fave song would have to be "Gemini", with it's brilliant pre-chorus and chorus, followed by "Love Potion #9" and "Piece Of The Action". The 2 ballads are great, too, and i prefer their version of "Make A Wish" over Jesse Strange's version as well.

• 1 year later...

I'm at work bored as hell so that would explain how I found this:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QE4hAAAAIBAJ&sjid=LYIFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4360,2915044&dq=beau-nasty&hl=en

Go to page two and scroll over to the lower right hand side of the page for the article. It's an old article from 1990 talking about Beau Nasty. There is also a big pic of the lead singer signing some chicks back.

At the end of the article it mentions they have started work on their second album. My question is "WHAT THE HELL EVER HAPPENED TO THAT SECOND ALBUM??!!"

KBER used to play Paradise In The Sand! but my favorite is Gemini!

Fave song would have to be "Gemini", with it's brilliant pre-chorus and chorus.

Love the intro, doesn't waste anytime getting started! The moody verses are also cool... and don't forget the high pitched "Ahhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhh" backing vocals after he sings "Gemini" in the chorus (apart from the first one). Favourite song on the album. Also prefer their version of Make a Wish over the Jesse Strange version, but that might be because I heard the BN version first.

Fave song would have to be "Gemini", with it's brilliant pre-chorus and chorus.

Love the intro, doesn't waste anytime getting started! The moody verses are also cool... and don't forget the high pitched "Ahhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhh" backing vocals after he sings "Gemini" in the chorus (apart from the first one). Favourite song on the album. Also prefer their version of Make a Wish over the Jesse Strange version, but that might be because I heard the BN version first.

Yeah, 'Gemini' is my fave too. Awesome song. I like 'Make a wish' better than the Jesse Strange version too, but I also think it's because I heard it first from Beau Nasty.

As for the 2nd album, I think when I went on my magazine buying rampages 10 years back and got all the old Kerrangs, I'm sure I also remember reading a little thing about them starting work on a second album. I wonder how far they got, if there's an unreleased full disc out there?

I'm really intrigued by this second album. What's the consensus? Does it exist? If so, what does it sound like and where can I get a hold of it?

Oh and is it me or does Make A Wish sound like it belongs in a High School sitcom a la Saved By The Bell?

I'm really intrigued by this second album. What's the consensus? Does it exist? If so, what does it sound like and where can I get a hold of it?

Oh and is it me or does Make A Wish sound like it belongs in a High School sitcom a la Saved By The Bell?

Either that, or 'Baywatch'. Both that and 'Paradise in the sand' were pretty cheesy ballads, even if both are excellent.

Never found this album to be that interesting to be honest, and especially found the vocals to be very weak.

The version of Make a wish by Jesse Strange walks all over the wishy washy version on here.

I thought I'd share with you guys one of the best releases from the late '80's. These guys RAWKED!! Produced by Beau Hill, this disc sounds great!

Enjoy it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5YMPPQRW

dirty.jpg

Hey Rob thanks for the info on this link. Just downloaded it & it's excellent! I'd heard of this band back in the day but never really paid attention to 'em. :headbanger:

• 7 years later...

It's a fun listen, even tho the cheez factor was fairly high.

I covered this one in my "Forgotten Hard Rock Albums" blog awhile ago:

https://spinditty.com/genres/Forgotten-Hard-Rock-Albums-Beau-Nasty-DIRTY-BUT-WELL-DRESSED-1989