What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Muse - Drones (Special Edition) CD/DVD

I'll be interested what u think of that. The samples sounded OK but not great.

It's a bit more back to the rock sound of 'Absolution' than their last couple of albums, probably due to 'Mutt' Lange co-producing it. I love this band, so I'm certainly not going to tell you it's rubbish, because it certainly isn't. It's excellent. If you like them, then you should like this, if you don't, you won't.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Deep Purple-The Battle Rages On

Freak of Nature-S/T

Jetboy-Feel The Shake

Kik Tracee-Field Trip

Kiss-Music From The Elder

Joe Lynn Turner-Nothing's Changed

Today I got to do something that I haven't done in a couple of years (yes, I said YEARS!)... visit a real, live, honest to frickin-Gawd RECORD STORE (remember those?)!!

... I had to visit my company's main office for my annual review today. I don't get out that way very often anymore so when I passed a hole-in-the-wall mom & pop record shop (which I last visited in probably 2012 or so) naturally I had to stop in for a peek... and I am glad I did. A few minutes of scrounging and I came up with these:

Tora Tora - Surprise Attack
Helloween - I Want Out! Live (I haven't seen this on CD in... well, ever!)
Whitesnake - Good To Be Bad

MSG - Rock In The Atomic Place, live in Hiroshima 1984

Serpentine - Circle Of Knives

Lostprophets - Start Something + 2 (JAP)

There are LOADS of Lostprophets CDs in the second-hand/charity shops around here .. it looks like everyone cleared out their collections when the lead singer was sent down ...

Lostprophets - Start Something + 2 (JAP)

There are LOADS of Lostprophets CDs in the second-hand/charity shops around here .. it looks like everyone cleared out their collections when the lead singer was sent down ...

and for good bloody reason.

Hey Im all for the 'its all about the music'........but not in this case.

For me it is all about the music. There were others in the band that are innocent and outnumber the sick individual behind bars. If i listen to Lostprophets it is for them and not IW

b.l.o.w. - Man And Goat Alike

This was the band put together by three members of Little Angels when that band folded - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.l.o.w. ... back in the day, I saw these guys play an 'instore' in the local HMV before seeing them again at a club that same night ... I even had a signed copy of this album ... *sob*

For me it is all about the music. There were others in the band that are innocent and outnumber the sick individual behind bars. If i listen to Lostprophets it is for them and not IW

Regardless of the quality of the songs, I couldn't listen to his voice again ...

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble: Couldn't Stand The Weather

Regardless of the quality of the songs, I couldn't listen to his voice again ...

Nor me. Bit like Rolf Harris....his voice features in a Kate Bush album and i have the same issue there.