What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

No cd's, so far, but I was given an amazing turntable recently (more on that later) so I perused the LP's at a local 2nd hand store and picked up a few.

Jerusalum-Cant' Stop Us Now

Jerusalem-In Her Majesty's Service Live In The USA

The Choir-Diamonds And Rain

Petra-Beat The System

Marcy Brothers-Growin' Up Country (Could not pass up the fact that they played there own instruments, picked some awesome songs to cover, country tunes of course and the magnificant bastards autographed the jacket!! All that for $.50!)

The Jack Street Band-S/T (This bugger was still sealed, not anymore, but...)

Barnabus-Hear The Light (This one is cool, a christian female fronted group in the Blondie, Runaways, early Pat Benetar, guitar jam, hard rock, proggie band kind of vibe from Bellingham, WA circa 1980. You can sample the cuts here: http://www.jesusmusicoldies.com/hearthelight.html )

No cd's, so far, but I was given an amazing turntable recently (more on that later) so I perused the LP's at a local 2nd hand store and picked up a few.

Petra-Beat The System

Marcy Brothers-Growin' Up Country (Could not pass up the fact that they played there own instruments, picked some awesome songs to cover, country tunes of course and the magnificant bastards autographed the jacket!! All that for $.50!)

Barnabus-Hear The Light (This one is cool, a christian female fronted group in the Blondie, Runaways, early Pat Benetar, guitar jam, hard rock, proggie band kind of vibe from Bellingham, WA circa 1980. You can sample the cuts here: http://www.jesusmusicoldies.com/hearthelight.html )

bro, barnabas came from jerusalem to my holy island! :tumbsup:

did it come with cut out hole?(barnabas, i mean)

Ozz - No Prisoners

Is this a reissue Jez?

Been looking for this for years!!

My album skips :crying:

Ay up mate...I'm sure Jez traces my steps .... or am I tracing his??? I picked up a copy off eBay and it arrived today from a veritable fine guy who posts at RockReport strangely enough. It's on Krescendo Records and I think it is a re-issue. Dunno if the Jezter got the same one. Dead cheap about £7 inc postage. Great sleeve, with lyrics and blurb about the band....think it may have been mastered from the vinyl though as I heard two small small pops on Givin' Up on Love (I think I did...it might have been the CD player possibly...I've only had time to play it in the car), but it sounds great,huge,massive. In fact I did a search and it looks like Krescendo Records are getting a website together. It also looks like they have released the Lionheart album Hot Tonight.

You can also get it from Amazon.co.uk....it lists the release date as 13 July 2009 and it's supposed to be a limited edition.

I was lucky as about a week or so ago I was poking around the loft came across the album, gave it a spin then wondered why on earth I never took to it in the 1st place....it's pretty awesome. Anyway my vinyl was goosed so I grabbed the CD, just at the right time for once I guess.

Ozz - No Prisoners

Is this a reissue Jez?

Ay up mate...I'm sure Jez traces my steps .... or am I tracing his??? I picked up a copy off eBay and it arrived today from a veritable fine guy who posts at RockReport strangely enough. It's on Krescendo Records and I think it is a re-issue. Dunno if the Jezter got the same one. Dead cheap about £7 inc postage. Great sleeve, with lyrics and blurb about the band....think it may have been mastered from the vinyl though as I heard two small small pops on Givin' Up on Love (I think I did...it might have been the CD player possibly...I've only had time to play it in the car), but it sounds great,huge,massive. In fact I did a search and it looks like Krescendo Records are getting a website together. It also looks like they have released the Lionheart album Hot Tonight.

You can also get it from Amazon.co.uk....it lists the release date as 13 July 2009 and it's supposed to be a limited edition.

I was lucky as about a week or so ago I was poking around the loft came across the album, gave it a spin then wondered why on earth I never took to it in the 1st place....it's pretty awesome. Anyway my vinyl was goosed so I grabbed the CD, just at the right time for once I guess.

Thanx Nick :tumbsup:

Yeah!

I don't know about some of the KRESENDO releases. then again, nothing will compare to the ROCK CANDY releases.

Petra-Beat The System

Nope, no cut out hole. :) Holy island. :)

CD's today:

Steel Panther-Feel The Steel (Roger at Wishing Well, my new best friend! Stellar job!)

Vim-S/T

Trans Siberian Orchestra-The Christmas Attic

Office Space-Soundtrack

Stanley-Clobbered

Java Bean-Backyard Choas

Jesus Christ Superstar A Resurrection (2cd)

Denny Brown-Still In Trouble

Sublime-40oz Of Freedom

Petra-Beat The System

Nope, no cut out hole. :) Holy island. :)

CD's today:

Steel Panther-Feel The Steel (Roger at Wishing Well, my new best friend! Stellar job!)

Vim-S/T

Trans Siberian Orchestra-The Christmas Attic

Office Space-Soundtrack

Stanley-Clobbered

Java Bean-Backyard Choas

Jesus Christ Superstar A Resurrection (2cd)

Denny Brown-Still In Trouble

Sublime-40oz Of Freedom

speaking of Roger & wishing well I have just placed a LARGE order myself, awaiting goods as we speak :)

Ozz - No Prisoners

Is this a reissue Jez?

Thanx Nick :tumbsup:

Yeah!

I don't know about some of the KRESENDO releases. then again, nothing will compare to the ROCK CANDY releases.

Yeah - Mine is the Krescendo re-issue aswell. Great album that as Nick says, rocks big time. It's definitley done from vinyl as it does have a few pops on a couple of tracks, but apart from that sounds very good. Krescendo are I think in some way affiliated with the old defunct Zoom Club label. Some of their re-issues have been good (Stratus, FM, Kooga Chequered Past, Santers) but some are a little sloppy in the remastering department (just like Zoom Club used to be). Don't know how legit these are either, as there was talk of the usual 'Bands not being paid' etc. Way off the quality of the Rock Candy stuff, but an interesting set of releases so far.

Latest acquisitions...

Stryper: "Murder by Pride"

Society Red: s/t

Daughtry: "Leave This Town"

Sworn Enemy: "Total World Domination"

Drowning Pool: "Full Circle"

Went to MONROEVILLE P.A. over the weekend:

HALF PRICE BOOKS and got these:

THE STOOGES-THE STOOGES

ROBIN ZANDER-ROBIN ZANDER

PISTOLERO-PISTOLERO

Walked a couple of doors down to C.D. WAREHOUSE and got these:

SCIENCE FICTION IDOLS-SCIENCE FICTION IDOLS

SKITZO-FIVE POINT CONTAINMENT

RICK SPRINGFIELD-KARMA

TRASH VEGAS-GROOVEYARD

I also went into the F.Y.E. in the MONROEVILLE MALL (Movie site for the original DAWN OF THE DEAD movie), but didn't buy anything.

Accept - S/T (Remaster)

Accept - I'm A Rebel (Remaster)

Snail - S/T/ Flow (2on1)

Wild Blue - No More Jinx

Whitesnake - Slide it in

Eclipse - Are you ready to rock

Amaseffer - Slaves for Life

Nelson - The Silence is broken

Chris Eaton - Vision

Kirka - R.O.C.K.

Henry Lee Summer - Smoke & Mirrors

Silence - Open Road

Charlemagne - s/t

Accept - S/T (Remaster)

Accept - I'm A Rebel (Remaster)

Any bonus tracks Jez?

No mate - These are just the SPV label remasters. I have the 'Breaker' SPV version aswell, but left out 'Restless And Wild' as I have the HM America version. I have the BMG 'Balls To The Wall' & 'Russian Roulette' remasters on the way aswell that both have a couple of live bonus tracks each. You can pick 'em all up pretty cheaply. £5 ish.

Whitesnake - Slide it in

Chris Eaton - Vision

Kirka - R.O.C.K.

Silence - Open Road

Charlemagne - s/t

Nice little pile there. You will be pleased with that Nelson disc and that Kirka disc does indeed R.O.C.K.!!:)

Whitesnake - Slide it in

Chris Eaton - Vision

Kirka - R.O.C.K.

Silence - Open Road

Charlemagne - s/t

Nice little pile there. You will be pleased with that Nelson disc and that Kirka disc does indeed R.O.C.K.!!:)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to them ! :P