Halo - heaven calling

Impellitteri - victim of the system

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Faber Drive - seven second surgery

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

Faber Drive mate :doh::puke: Next on the list Busted And McFly? :D

Anthem - No Smoke Without Fire...+1 (Jap Re-issue)

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

There's just one slight difference between Faber Drive and those two bands. Faber Drive are excellent and the other 2 are horrid and COMPLETELY different. Did Busted even write or play any of their own songs? Who the f*ck are McFly? I've seen their name mentioned in stuff like this but from what I've heard and seen they're not even a rock band.

Faber Drive's debut is a masterpeice of modern pop/commercial rock. Anyone who can't appreciate stupidly melodic songs like 'Second Chance' has the face of a mushroom.

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

And for the record, despite a fondness for Guardian's debut (nice find, Matt you bastard), 21 Guns and Lorraine I actually think Faber Drive's disc is quite easily the best and most melodic CD of that bunch. imo.

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

And for the record, despite a fondness for Guardian's debut (nice find, Matt you bastard), 21 Guns and Lorraine I actually think Faber Drive's disc is quite easily the best and most melodic CD of that bunch. imo.

Geoff. Shutup.

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

Geoff. Shutup.

Don't think my fists won't connect with your teeth.

Seriously, where'd you find 'First watch' and how much was it? Give me it.

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

There's just one slight difference between Faber Drive and those two bands. Faber Drive are excellent and the other 2 are horrid and COMPLETELY different. Did Busted even write or play any of their own songs? Who the f*ck are McFly? I've seen their name mentioned in stuff like this but from what I've heard and seen they're not even a rock band.

Faber Drive's debut is a masterpeice of modern pop/commercial rock. Anyone who can't appreciate stupidly melodic songs like 'Second Chance' has the face of a mushroom.

:lol:

Actually, my missus and a couple of mates said they sounded like those 2 bands when I played them a few tracks (which I foolishly paid £2 for the said disc) and unfortunatley on certain songs they do sound very similar, whatever you say mate.

I'll eat a few 'Mushrooms' mate and maybe this piece of crap will start sounding better. ;)

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

Actually, my missus and a couple of mates said they sounded like those 2 bands when I played them a few tracks (which I foolishly paid £2 for the said disc) and unfortunatley on certain songs they do sound very similar, whatever you say mate.

I'll eat a few 'Mushrooms' mate and maybe this piece of crap will start sounding better. ;)

Mushroom Face. :P

But it sounds more to me like your wife and mates might have been sharing the mushrooms around a bit on said night. Either way, sounds like the kind of scenario where if you played Quireboys someone would say they sound like Bon Jovi. As a man familiar with all three bands I can say with 100% conviction that there is barely a similarity between Faber Drive and those 2 codpieces. Similar to the excellent SR-71 or Hedley... yes perhaps, but not that shit. These guys are a melodic/commercial rock band... not a boyband.

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

But it sounds more to me like your wife and mates might have been sharing the mushrooms around a bit on said night. Either way, sounds like the kind of scenario where if you played Quireboys someone would say they sound like Bon Jovi. As a man familiar with all three bands I can say with 100% conviction that there is barely a similarity between Faber Drive and those 2 codpieces. Similar to the excellent SR-71 or Hedley... yes perhaps, but not that shit. These guys are a melodic/commercial rock band... not a boyband.

You can hear what you want to hear with this lot mate, but there is no getting away from it i'm afraid. Boyband pop/rock of the lowest form.

Don't be in denial mate!! You like Boybands. I know you own a Busted album aswell, so you can play them both one after the other when your friends aren't around :lol:

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

You can hear what you want to hear with this lot mate, but there is no getting away from it i'm afraid. Boyband pop/rock of the lowest form.

Don't be in denial mate!! You like Boybands. I know you own a Busted album aswell, so you can play them both one after the other when your friends aren't around :lol:

well im half way through the first song... and they sound like Sanctus Real so far...

and they apparently play "Gutiars"

Pendragon - Pure (Lim. ed., incl. DVD, at the concert yesterday. WOW !!! :banger: )

Central Park - Unexpected

I'm trying to resist spending what little $$ I have in my pocket so I can pick up AC/DC's BLACK ICE next week...

Praxis - Transmutation (Mutatis Mutandis)

Extreme - Saudades de Rock

Buckcherry - Black Butterfly

Tesla - Forever More

Black Stone Cherry - Folklore and Superstition

And a trade courtesy of hansr, thank you!

Beggars & Thieves - Look What You Create

Beggars & Thieves - The Grey Album

Tesla - Forever More

The Tesal & Buckcherry kick butt.

Let me know what you think of the B&T Grey Album and the new Black Stone Cherry. :drink:

Tesla - Forever More

Let me know what you think of the B&T Grey Album and the new Black Stone Cherry. :drink:

I love both B&T discs, I've had 'em on MP3 for awhile while I was hunting down the CD's... I just love the voice and the guitar, lot of feeling in both.

Haven't listened to BSC yet, but looking forward to it. Bought it on a whim half because I like the name, and half because I've heard good things. :)

Lovin' the Tesla as we speak. :beerbang:

Tesla - Forever More

I love both B&T discs, I've had 'em on MP3 for awhile while I was hunting down the CD's... I just love the voice and the guitar, lot of feeling in both.

Haven't listened to BSC yet, but looking forward to it. Bought it on a whim half because I like the name, and half because I've heard good things. :)

Lovin' the Tesla as we speak. :beerbang:

The debut from Black Stone Cherry is solid but I haven't played the copy I have for over a year.

I've read good things about their new one too.

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

I actually own both Busted CDs but that doesn't mean I don't despise them. Sure, I admit to unfortunately enjoying a few of their tunes, but they are just not in the same ballpark as Faber Drive. I'd be ashamed to admit to someone I own the Busted CDs, but I am proud to say that the Faber Drive CD is excellent.

Why is it that the biggest haters of this kind of stuff seem to be the same ones who listen to that "high tech AOR/pop" shit from the 80's, which is code for complete shit that makes Backstreet Boys sound like Skid Row.

And the closest CD I own to a boyband is the same one you own, mate - BBMak. ;)

... and that's actually quite a good one. I own it, too ! As a matter of fact I have both of theirs. :drink:

Shout - in your face

Guardian - first watch

Halo - heaven calling

Neon Cross - s/t

21 Guns - salute

Lorraine - wanted

The Blitz - get it on

I actually own both Busted CDs but that doesn't mean I don't despise them. Sure, I admit to unfortunately enjoying a few of their tunes, but they are just not in the same ballpark as Faber Drive. I'd be ashamed to admit to someone I own the Busted CDs, but I am proud to say that the Faber Drive CD is excellent.

Why is it that the biggest haters of this kind of stuff seem to be the same ones who listen to that "high tech AOR/pop" shit from the 80's, which is code for complete shit that makes Backstreet Boys sound like Skid Row.

Your great mate - you bite so easily!! :lol:

'High Tech AOR/Pop shit'? I presume by Hi-Tech you mean stuff like Device or Toy Matinee maybe? Gimme some names and I bet they are all bands that piss on this type of stuff from a great height.

You despise Busted, yet you own their cd's and like a few of their tunes! makes sense :screwy: Sell them mate, like I am trying to do with the Faber Drive cd. No one wants it surprisingly!! ;)

Yeah the second BB Mak is good in places isn't it (the first is crap),

Your great mate - you bite so easily!! :lol:

'High Tech AOR/Pop shit'? I presume by Hi-Tech you mean stuff like Device or Toy Matinee maybe? Gimme some names and I bet they are all bands that piss on this type of stuff from a great height.

You despise Busted, yet you own their cd's and like a few of their tunes! makes sense :screwy: Sell them mate, like I am trying to do with the Faber Drive cd. No one wants it surprisingly!! ;)

Yeah the second BB Mak is good in places isn't it (the first is crap),

There will never be a bigger chomper on this site than me, and I make no attempt to hide it. :) It's what I'm here for.

Yeah, seriously, mate. Any of the bands that get listed in those Hi Tech or lite AOR threads I just can't stand. But I don't care that you fellas love them. To each their own. What I don't gel with is when a band like Faber Drive is hassled for the same aspects that are more prominent in bands I have seen adored elsewhere. Like the fact that it's from the 80's excludes it from being crap? I still don't get how stuff like I-Ten and Beau Coup is categorized as any type of rock and the same people who categorize it as rock go to town on bands like Faber Drive who "rock" 1,500 times harder. It just confuses me. To each their own, but I see cavern-sized holes in a lot of critisism for some current bands I love.

The Busted thing is exactly the same as when I blew up about Miss Crazy's vocalist the other day and no one was picking up what I was putting down. I LOVE Miss Crazy but I am man enough to admit the vocals are shit. Songs are still great, so I'm happy enough.

I actually do find some of Busted's infectious melodies decent, but I am man enough to admit the band is a bunch of little poofters who probably didn't play a note on either album. Except the guy who went on to Fightstar. To make a debut as good as their's he must have been doing something right. I hate the guys, I hate their voices, I hate their lyrics but I'm not afraid to admit when I like a song, despite how much I shouldn't. It just how I roll. It's not technically good music, but I don't mind it. And I'd take it over a lot of those lite AOR / hi-tech bands any day of the week, personally.

And I agree about BBMak. Shit debut, decent 2nd release. But not much better than decent. They're better than Busted, but not even by that much.

Kings of the Sun - Resurrection (wow, this is a good disc!)

thats the best and rarest isnt it?

i had the first two and sold them.... prob couldve kept them... but not essential..

Yeah, it's a really good album. I hadn't heard it before and wondered why people said really good things about it. The first 2 albums are okay, nothing spectacular, so I was expecting it to be more of the same.

I think it's the rarest of the 3 albums cos it was only released here in Australia, whereas the other 2 got international releases aswell.

i had the first two and sold them.... prob couldve kept them... but not essential..

Yeah, it's a really good album. I hadn't heard it before and wondered why people said really good things about it. The first 2 albums are okay, nothing spectacular, so I was expecting it to be more of the same.

I think it's the rarest of the 3 albums cos it was only released here in Australia, whereas the other 2 got international releases aswell.

I've seen it before but never bothered 'cause the first two did nothing for me. Are you saying this one is actually worth checking out if I see it again? What have they done so different from the first two duds?

I've seen it before but never bothered 'cause the first two did nothing for me. Are you saying this one is actually worth checking out if I see it again? What have they done so different from the first two duds?

Even if you do not like it.... if you see it buy it for trade bait!

One on ebay last week $AUD150 (not sure if it sold), one on ebay right now $US134, HH price $US90+, GEMM $US138....so I'd say that's a good indication it's worth a little, even if those prices are a little inflated.

Stylewise, it's just very catch solid rock. They dropped the cliche 80's sound and dished up some very catch modern rock for that era. Sorta like Bon Jovi going from flashy 80's rock of New Jersey to solid hard rock of Keep the Faith.