Bryan Adams & Richard Marx

JC_AOR

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No to both....

Just wondering why No, as this is a site dedicated to all things Hard Rock, Melodic Hard Rock, AOR,West Coast, Pomp, Southern Rock. Both of these artists definately fall under one or two of those genres.

Is Cher on this site? I'll try to check after this, but as a whole I don't think they should be here, but there's no doubt 'Waking up the neighbours' belongs here, as do a couple of Cher albums... but definitely NOT the entire catalogue of any of these 3 artists. I don't even know if 'Repeat Offender' is worthy of a place here, even if 'Angelina' is an amazing track.

Yeah I'm with you Geoff - I think all of these artists have some HH worthy albums but definately NOT their entire catalogue. I think Bryan Adams up til Waking Up The Neighbours, Richard Marx first 3 albums and if I had my way Paid Vacation, Days In Avalon and My Own Best Enemy would be in there as well. While both of these artists did become most well known for their ballads and yes that damn Robin Hood song, if you go back over their works you will find some top quality rockers in there as well, many of which never got the attention they deserve. Oh and Geoff can you tell me which Cher albums/songs you are refering to and I'll check them out. Anyhow, I just wanted to get some other peoples thoughts on this one so thanks for all the replys. Cheers

Hey mate,

The 3 Cher albums (shamefully) worth checking out are:

s/t (1987)

'Heart of stone' (1989)

'Love hurts' (1991)

All of them have Desomnd Child / Diane Warren written all over them and 'Heart of stone' is especially excellent.

Cool thanks Geoff. Well I'm (shamefully) going to check those out. I'm biding on a boxed set which was released through Geffen and contains all three of those CD's. If I can get it for under $20 total I'll be happy.

Justin

I did at one time own ONE Richard Marx CD, Ok fine I admit it, so I KNOW How much He sucks now!!!! :rofl2:

I got rid of it years ago too, it no longer taints My CD Collection......

Ummm-hmm, SUUUUUURE you "got rid" of it (making "air quotes" with my fingers)... you're just sayin' that cuz I'm on the complete opposite side of the country from you so I can't see for myself... I bet you still bust that Mullet Master out once in a blue moon and "air piano" to "Hold On To The Nights" when nobody's listening, don't you Sean? DON'T YOU? DON'T YOU??? WHY must you turn this thread into a HOUSE OF LIES????

Hey now You can email My sister and ask her.. I gave it to her as I recall... She's been WANTING Me to pass along her email to you for years btw....... :rofl2: :rofl2:

Yet somehow I keep forgetting.......

Seriously now I don't have that CD anymore.. Honest to God......

Is Cher on this site? I'll try to check after this, but as a whole I don't think they should be here, but there's no doubt 'Waking up the neighbours' belongs here, as do a couple of Cher albums... but definitely NOT the entire catalogue of any of these 3 artists. I don't even know if 'Repeat Offender' is worthy of a place here, even if 'Angelina' is an amazing track.

Yeah I'm with you Geoff - I think all of these artists have some HH worthy albums but definately NOT their entire catalogue. I think Bryan Adams up til Waking Up The Neighbours, Richard Marx first 3 albums and if I had my way Paid Vacation, Days In Avalon and My Own Best Enemy would be in there as well. While both of these artists did become most well known for their ballads and yes that damn Robin Hood song, if you go back over their works you will find some top quality rockers in there as well, many of which never got the attention they deserve. Oh and Geoff can you tell me which Cher albums/songs you are refering to and I'll check them out. Anyhow, I just wanted to get some other peoples thoughts on this one so thanks for all the replys. Cheers

Hey mate,

s/t (1987)

'Heart of stone' (1989)

'Love hurts' (1991)

All of them have Desomnd Child / Diane Warren written all over them and 'Heart of stone' is especially excellent.

Cool thanks Geoff. Well I'm (shamefully) going to check those out. I'm biding on a boxed set which was released through Geffen and contains all three of those CD's. If I can get it for under $20 total I'll be happy.

Justin

Sweet I just won that boxed set still shink wrapped for $5.50 +postage

Hey mate,

s/t (1987)

'Heart of stone' (1989)

'Love hurts' (1991)

Justin

Congrats mate, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all for that price.

I think they would both fit, HH has tons of softer westcoast stuff as well as light rock, the first two Marx albums would definately qualify, BAdams first few albums as well, but not albums further into both of their discographys

Hey mate,

s/t (1987)

'Heart of stone' (1989)

'Love hurts' (1991)

Justin

Congrats mate, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all for that price.

Just Like Jesse James is such a great song. I could so hear Bon Jovi doing it back in the day.

Hey mate,

s/t (1987)

'Heart of stone' (1989)

'Love hurts' (1991)

If I'm not mistaken the backing band for Cher on her 1987 S/T album is actually Bon Jovi (except for JBJ himself), it's a rockin' CD.

As for including Bryan Adams and Richard 'Trojan Helmet' Marx, if AOR/melodic rock is part of HH's coverage, yes to both.

Richard Marx and Bryan Adams should be here. They are both AOR/rock. There are lighter fares here and even sappoer songs/songwriting.

If it weren't for that damn power ballad Bryan Adams did for the "Robin Hood" movie I might have said "yes," cuz some of his earlier stuff was actually somewhat rockin' ("Summer of 69," "Cuts Like A Knife," etc.)... but GOD I hate that Robin Hood song!!

Yes I'm in total agreement with the Robin Hood song but he should definately be on HH IMO.

Yes to both.

aerosmith isn't kicked off because of that Armageddon song

Perhaps they SHOULD be!! I hate that !@#$-ing song too!! :angry:

i f*cking HATE that damned song!!! God, it's pathetic! I can't change the channel fast enough when it comes on the radio.

Anyway, back to the question:

Bryan Adams: No

Richard Marx: F*CK No

:lol: Overall there are about Aerosmith songs I kinda like in the entirety of their collection, and 'I Don't wanna miss a thing' is one of them. Barely.

Was there ever a final decision ? Should we have a separate poll ?? :unsure:

OK I've just done a quick tally of those who have answered so far. The results are:

Bryan Adams

Yes=14

No=7

Unclear Response=2

Richard Marx

Yes=12

No=8

Unclear response=1

Majority should win but I realise this is a lost cause...

It's been fun to see the argument though!

• 1 year later...
OK I've just done a quick tally of those who have answered so far. The results are:

Bryan Adams

Yes=14

No=7

Unclear Response=2

Richard Marx

Yes=12

No=8

Unclear response=1

Majority should win but I realise this is a lost cause...

It's been fun to see the argument though!

Give an extra vote to the yes camp on both of them. Cher = NO however. What hypocrisy refusing Adams but allowing Shania Twain and wanting Cher. What next? "Do you believe in love" by cher too?