Best Bargain Buys

Dave

Thought of this whilst playing Wild Horses, Bareback album again that I paid Oz $2 for, still in the wrapper.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread! Everything I buy I buy for cheap. Nothing more than $5.00 and 9 times out of 10 its a buck. (lately the Pawn Exchange has been doing $.85 ers!!!!)

A few examples: Blackboard Jungle-I like It Alot ($1.00), Short Circuit-Vent Of Frustration ($1.00), Villan-S/T ($1.00), Redstone-S/T (Free), Roxxi-Drive It To You Hard ($1.00), Kinky Stunt-S/T ($1.00), Belicose-Love On Ice ($1.00) and the list goes on and on...

Ask staryder1 about some of the quality shit we trade.

Oh man, I could spend a lot of time listing some of the great buys I've scored, but one that always sticks out was the time I found a CDV of Hurricane - I'm On To You for around .50... :banana:

How much does it normally cost for a 3 to 5 minutes of long distance call in the States. That's how much I paid for a sealed copy of S'aint America - S/T.

How much does it normally cost for a 3 to 5 minutes of long distance call in the States? That's how much I paid for a sealed copy of S'aint America - S/T.

most of the albums i buy are around £3-£4 on Ebay

its normally the postage i pay for, the actual invoice says that i pay them like .50p a pop.

my mum doesnt understand ebay, you can get some awesome deals on there. I got Motley Crue's Music To Crash Your Car To Vol. 2 for £12, and Vol. 1 for £16

a total of £28 when its worth £70

I've had a few great deals but my fave is probaly both the Lions and Ghosts CD's for 50p each ... and it still took me about a month to get around to grab them!! But I think both albums are great and they both get played a lot.

I'm a cheap bastard and spend a lot of time looking through used bins and cut-outs... I think my all time favorite score was the 2-CD Castle Records reissues of Iron Maiden's PIECE OF MIND and NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING for $8.99 a pop just a few years ago...

Although my best score price wise was at a department store that was going out of business in the late 80s, where I nabbed such goodies as Black Sabbaths' BORN AGAIN, Krokus' METAL RENDEZ-VOUS, Dio's SACRED HEART and about a dozen others on vinyl for a mere 49 cents a pop! :banana:

Four of my favorite "steals"...

1. HEARTLESS: s/t ($1)

2. KK WILDE: "Rock-N-Roll" ($7)

3. HURRICANE: "Take What You Want" ($3)

4. DE JA VU: "One Size Fits All" ($4)

The pawn shop owners always looked at me funny when I walked out of the store cackling. Or maybe it wasn't the cackling, but the strange way I kept muttering, "My precioussssssssssssss."

Another good score from some time ago: a Combat Records pressing of Megadeth's KILLING IS MY BUSINESS...AND BUSINESS IS GOOD! for $6.99 at a used store

I got the FROM THE FIRE album in a 6 CD LOT, from a German seller for the equivalent of $6. I then sold it on its own for about $60 to one Lonnie Holdaway. Had I known then what I know now I wouldve taken a piss-poor quality photocopy of the album sleeve & copied the CD onto a cd-r & sent those to him instead.

I also got my copy of REFUGEE's massively overrated "Burning From The Inside Out" in a CD LOT, paying no more than about $12 when on its own it now fetches up to $150.

I got the FROM THE FIRE album in a 6 CD LOT, from a German seller for the equivalent of $6. I then sold it on its own for about $60 to one Lonnie Holdaway. Had I known then what I know now I wouldve taken a piss-poor quality photocopy of the album sleeve & copied the CD onto a cd-r & sent those to him instead.

Did you actually get Lonnie's money or did his check bounce? :blink:

Did you actually get Lonnie's money or did his check bounce? :blink:

No I got his money. What was interesting though is that - when he knew who I was - he dropped me a line to say he was looking forward to getting the album etc. Then once he got it he re-sold it straight away, & made himself a $10 profit. Take out my shipping cost & it's about $6.

Why would you do that? :screwy:

I guess he needed the money to pay for the manufacturing of those Hurricane CDs? :blink:

• 4 weeks later...